Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

Safe N20 Kit??...

I have a 06 LS2 GTO. I'm wanting to get a safe wet kit for it. I plan on keeping this for for years and don't want to damage/strain the motor and drive line. I was looking at the Nitrous Express 1pc. MAF kit with a dual window switch and the GEN-X2 accesory kit.... Anyone know of anything I can add to this set-up or maybe a different set-up? I only want a 100 shot, not trying to do 10sec 1/4 mile runs.....Just wanna keep up with those vettes and cobras

sounds like your on the right track, 20 bucks says you jump to a 125 shot within 6 months

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

you sound like your good to go to me. you will love it, that goat will huff nitrous forever and be just fine.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

if you don't want to stress/damage the drivetrain, then don't put nitrous on, or any other mods. anything you do adds stress to the motor. it's not safe either. i only say this because anything can happen.

now, with that out of the way, what you listed is on the right track to try and be the safest it can be. the motor can withstand 100 shot without issues. hell, it can withstand 200, if done right.

friend of mine with his 04 GTO and a 150 shot has been running 12.2x on stock motor.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I would add the "hobbs" saftey switch that goes on the fuel side and if fuel pressure drops below a set point it opens the circuit for the solenoids.

And I would buy the fuel pump from LPE that comes with the billet nipples for proper installation in the stock bucket.
    As added protection if you really want to be on the safe side you could change out the plugs to some AutoLite AR94's.
    That would help on proteaction against detonation.

Other than that your making a good choice on the kit.
    As others have stated I'll bet that 100hp jets don't stay in the plate for long.
    I've been blowing a lot more than that through mine for a year now with NO problems.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

The GENX-2 kit comes with the fuel safety switch...I've heard people say I should change the plugs before, are the NGK's any better? As for fuel pump....Should'nt stock pump be plenty enough sufficent for only 100 shot? And possibly 125 if I decied to throw that in?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I prefer the AutoLites myself. If you look at one you'll see it's a different design. I don't know of NGK offering a plug with the same design.

Anyways the stock pump will be ok for you I just like the added security and you said you wanted the safe set-up.

Most people that aren't dragracers or run high cylinder pressure motors don't even know what a AR AutoLite Racing plug is thats why you'll see most people talking about NGKs.

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

What about the rest of the ignition system...wires, coils, ect....Is all that good enough? So the autolites are the best in your opinion for my soon to be set-up? Also will those plugs affect performance when I'm not using the n2O? Or will the car drive exactly like it would with the stock plugs?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

If you set the plugs to your factory gap you will notice NO difference.
    If you have a local CarQuest they should be able to get them for you for around $3.25-3.75 each.
    You'll see what I mean when you see the plug in person.
    Don't forget to put a SMALL dab of anti-seeze on the threads.
    I wipe a SMALL amount on the threads about 5/8 of the way up towards the plug wire.
    Yes the rest of your ignition will work just fine for any amount of nitrous under 175hp. If you blow more the cylinder pressure is hard on the stock ignition and we upgrade to MSD's.

You need to have the tune done with the same fuel you normally run also!!
    Different companys use different blends of additives I've seen it affect the A/F ratio with different gas.

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

So your also saying I'll need a tune? I've read some people saying that with that set-up I should'nt need to tune anything?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I would have someone tune the nitrous kit jetting on a dyno or on the street with a wideband yes.
    Yes you can run the jetting with the supplied jets but I always tune the jetting to get the A/F ratio right where I want it.
    Does the car have any aftermarket tune on the computer right now?
    If so EVERYONES program advances the timing more than stock.

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

I was going to have a before and after dyno run done to it...And I knew the advanced timing is a big no no with the juice..I have a diablo predator but will re-flash before I install the juice. The only mods I will have is a intake or maybe just a K&N filter element with a loud mouth exhaust. Later on down the line SLP LT headers...I will re-tune after the header install. So, am I on the right track so far? Still new to this.

Yep Sounds Good,, The Lt's Will Make A Bigger Difference With Spray

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Thread Information