Thread: quick question

black
    2001 formula firebird

quick question

Please only answer if you are 100% sure, because I can't afford another car right now. would it be safe to put like a 75 shot of nitrous on my 01 formula ls1 m6? it is pretty stock no cam or anything, I plan on using a wide open throttle switch and a window switch also is wet or dry shot safer? thanks!

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

question is can you handle the power of nitrous,lol hell yes it will be safe as long as you get a good tuner also you can go up to roughly 150 hp shot on stock engine some people go more but not recommended.id say wet shot,theres no guarantees with anything till you try it,good luck

black
    2002 trans am ws6

im am also looking to put nitrous on my 2001 trans am but i have the same concerns how bad will it damage a daily driver if you only use it every once in awhile i dont wanna be replacing a motor ild like 2 see opinions and horror storys if any one had a bad nitrios experience on a daily driver

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by chuck4345 View Post
    im am also looking to put nitrous on my 2001 trans am but i have the same concerns how bad will it damage a daily driver if you only use it every once in awhile i dont wanna be replacing a motor ild like 2 see opinions and horror storys if any one had a bad nitrios experience on a daily driver
    its all in the tuner,how good he is makes a difference how it runs,also if your an m6 activated by window switch low rpm nitrous on high rpm off,very easy.ls1s love nitrous .

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i've put 150 right off the bat in both of my cars. ran 250 on my all stock motor in the black car. change to a lower heat range plug. put on your safety stuff and have at it.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Wet and do at least a 100. Yes it is plenty safe buy a quality kit and have it installed by someone that is good with wiring!
    I would also recommend putting a button on the shifter or hand held on a cord in series with the wot switch so it's easy to let off the kit.
    If you read some of my other post I go into more detail on why this is a must for me and ALL cars I do for customers.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

With a stock tune a 75 shot is safe, I've sprayed my car like 12 times already on a 75 shot. All you need for a 100 shot to be safe is check your A/F ratio. You can put a slightly bigger fuel jet in to keep it rich for assurance as well. You can go 150 as well but have all your safety stuff on line. I'm going to set mine for a 125 shot without tuning. I am going to just check the A/F and keep it rich for the spray
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

With the safety items you shouldn't have any problems spraying your DD.

Thanks,
    Matt

maple red
    2001 formula

You can spray a dry shot with no problem. Make sure the nozzle is before the mass air, this will enrichen your fuel trims, the cold nitrous will fake out the IAT sensor. Take 2 degrees of timing out to be sure. We have done this a our shop for years. I have been tunning LS1 for 5 years.

Owen
    ARD

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

I picked up a wet kit from HSW and have been spraying 150 wet shot with stock internals. So far so good. If you start with 100 you will be curious, then 125 and u will feel a lil kick then go 150 and you will be happy for a lil wihle
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

so you can do a 75 dry shot on a completely stock ls1?

Metallic Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6

yes no prob, like mentioned above up to 150 no problem as long as you have the safety items in check and have it logged for AFR

Thread Information