black
    01 camaro ss

question nitrous

Looking at getting a 150 shot wet kit direct injection or a plate which is better? And if the car is already got a custom tune what more is needed for best performance? thanks in advance

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

The plate will be easier to install yourself. If you went with a DP have harris or nitro daves plumb it all and just bolt it on.

The DP has better fuel and nitrous distribution per cylinder then a plate. But if you have a street car and won't be spraying all the time the plate will be fine.

As far as the tune. You will only need to pull the correct timing amount for the size of shot you want to run and install the correct spark plugs. Must be NON-Projected tips.
    2001 WS6 TA Red. Stock, 6 spd, LS7 clutch, Catback, Harris Nitrous Kit, Custom Painted Flames, Wolfe 6 point rollbar.
    1998 TA Black. 408, t350, nitro daves plate w/dedicated fuel cell, mini tubbed, 30" dr's. 9.75 @136mph on a small shot. Fastest LSX in Alaska, Pump gas, never trailered street car.
    2007 TBSS. Silver, Factory Stock

black
    01 camaro ss

Nice cars, thanks for the reply. Looking at a 150 shot wet 3 degrees of timing you think and what do you use for that? possibly a msd timing retrard dial? Any ideas thanks

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Thanks.

The recommended amout of timing is 2 degrees for every 50hp. So your looking at 6 degrees for a 150 will be safe and some like to have another dergree or 2 taken out.

I have also ran 6 degrees on a 100 shot and my car liked it.

I havn't used the msd retard box. But from what I've heard alot of guys run them and they work really good.
    My red car I pull my timing with efi live and I have the harris microedge. My black car I'm running a Lingernfelter LNC002 box. It retards the timing and has a 2 step in it also. (Which is kinda overkill on the street)

You will need to run a ngk BR7EF spark plug also. If you don't swap them in at the track you may need to retune to run them all the time on the street.

black
    01 camaro ss

So basically the retard of the timing will or should be able to be done without affecting the custom tune?

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

With my black car my lingenfelter box that is how it works. It pulls the timing on it's own from where I have it set in my tune.
    I would recommend talking to MSD about how there box works, since I'm not up to speed on all the finer details of it. But I can say a retard box makes things so much easier.

My red car I have to flash a tune into it with the timing pulled everytime before I spray and switch it back afterword. For the 150 shot. Because driving around on 6 degrees retard NA, you will feel it being kind of slugish.

black
    01 camaro ss

Just took the car down to my tuner and got the dyno and got a baseline and checked the fuel tables and found out that i needed bigger injectors the stock ones were at 100% duty cycle so ordered some bigger injectors to fix the problem. Question is were did you get your box and 2 step from, the tuner had one in a ls2 rx7 and it looked good just needed maybe a supplier of the lingenfelter lnc002, any ideas? thanks

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Sounds like you are going up to 42's. Those will work fine. That's what's in my black car.
    You can get the box straight from lingenfelter's website. Or if you want to get the MSD box get it from summit or jegs or scoogin dickey.

black
    01 camaro ss

Yeah went to the dyno yesterday and on the stock injectors they made one pull and there going to make another pull on the larger injectors monday and hopefully put numbers and a grid sheet of the dyno results soon.

Blue
    2001 TA WS6, 1995 BMW M3

Might wanna look into getting a fuel pump also. Walbro or racetronix work well.

black
    01 camaro ss

Already got that idea covered thanks though. Whats a good hp rating for a intake cammed exhaust lt's ls6?

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

There are many things that can affect dyno numbers but my friends all stock with only headers 02 SS 6 speed car put 330 to the wheels and went 12.90 in the quarter. I can't remember which dyno they ran it on.

black
    01 camaro ss

Cool first pull went 405 on motor through a a4 on small injectors, i thought that was good.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Nice. Those are pretty strong numbers.

black
    01 camaro ss

Just got the car back home the final was 401.2rwhp and 359tq after two pulls, Im happy juice is next.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Nice numbers.
    For your shift rpm make sure you shift around 500 rpm under your rev limiter. I was shifting at 300 under it and bounced off of it.

black
    01 camaro ss

Already went through that and luckily bills 98 ta helped with that issue. The Dyno numbers and graph is up on 01 ss dyno.

Thread Information