Thread: plug question?

black w/ ghost stripes
    02 ws6

plug question?

im running AC iridium plugs in my LS1. i just added a HSW Dry shot to the car but have not used it yet. how well will these plugs work with the NOS and/or should i consider changing them before use. also whats a good window switch to be running?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

i've seen people with good results. if they are the stock heat range, i suggest finding a one step colder plug if going above 100.

there are many on the market. i use the trick performance parts dual stage window switch. overkill for most, but really easy to use for the price.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by andrew69_04 View Post
    im running AC iridium plugs in my LS1. i just added a HSW Dry shot to the car but have not used it yet. how well will these plugs work with the NOS and/or should i consider changing them before use. also whats a good window switch to be running?

Ditch the factory iridium plugs for nitrous use. The problem is that the platinum and iridium plugs hold more heat in the tip which keeps them firing clean and is good for n/a use but for boosted or juiced it can lead to pre detonation and can burn plugs or worse. Switch to ngk tr6 plugs, they are 1 or 2 steps colder not sure but are non platinum and work great on the juice, i've got them in mine with a 150 shot, also I would highly consider getting a fuel solenoid and upgrading your kit to a wet shot, way safer and more power. keep in mind you are relying on the injectors and maf to provide the extra fuel, if you have an injector fail or become partially clogged it's bye bye to your motor or if your maf fails or misreads, it to risky. Just give it a wet shot and it will way safer and faster cause you will have the extra fuel you need. Trust me on this one you will be way better off in the long run. It will cost you a little for a solenoid, fittings, and a wet flow nozzle but will be worth it.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I'm using the 150 dry with the stock plug heat. I tried one size colder, but went back. Been spaying 3 years now on the stock bottom in the high 10's. I also am using 32lb injectors with HP Tuner software ! More fuel @ WOT !!!

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by bills98ta View Post
    I'm using the 150 dry with the stock plug heat. I tried one size colder, but went back. Been spaying 3 years now on the stock bottom in the high 10's. I also am using 32lb injectors with HP Tuner software ! More fuel @ WOT !!!

wow! nice setup man. I'm not saying that the dry shot won't work it's just that for the average person that isn't in check on a wideband o2 setup and on stock injectors the dry shot can be way more risky than a wet shot. Sounds like you have a good tune and injectors and have a good setup. Good luck and have fun on the juice. I'm lovin my 150 shot right now, its crazy fun! peace
    Jesse

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Giggles

Okay...I have a stock LS1 (42K) with bolt-ons. I have new NGK TR55 plugs installed. I plan on installing a dry system. Can I use these plugs safely with the timing retarded or it it absolutly necessary to replace with TR6. Not real keen on going after the plugs again if no real need. I will never run over a 100 shot...just want the capability for S--ts and giggles.
    2000 Z28 M6, SLP Lid, SLP Bellows, SLP UD,
    P&P Maf, TB By-Pass, PS Shorties, LS6 Intake, FAST 78mm TB, Hooker CB, Hurst Billet, Front Tower Brace, small 218/218....527/527....114 cam.
    337rwhp/348rwtq

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

We ALWAYS run Autolite Racing plugs in ANY bottle application.
    One heat range colder than stock would be a AR94. And 175 or more we run AR93's. They have a cut back electrode like any race plug should. It will also help we found if you close the factory gap about .010 The bottle adds soo much ctl. pressure it put more stress on the coil to fire. Napa should be able to get them for you for around 3.50-3.85 a plug. Worst come to worst Summit and Jegs rape you at 4.99 a plug.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

White
    1998 Trans Am

instructios & specs !

http://www.holley.com/data/Products/...A5177-SNOS.pdf

read close, stock timing & stock plug size for the dry system.

Thread Information