black
    1999 ss m6

Cool please help me decide what to do next!

kind of new to the nitrous ls1 game and need some advice.

current engine mods on car

3.73 gear in stock 10 bolt
    recently rebuilt, but still sucks
    lid
    free mods
    granatelli maf
    flowmaster cat back
    powerbond 25% under drive pulley
    nitrous express wet kit plumbed into the bellows with all the goodies
    bottle blanket
    fuel pressure safety switch
    rpm window switch at 3K-5400rpm
    purge
    stock fuel system

dynoed 319rwhp before underdrive pulley without tuning so hopefully 100 shot with some dyno tuning puts me at 400rwhp+

now i'm about to take my car to get it tuned on a dyno for the nitrous, would like to run a 100 shot and am wondering how much getting headers/y pipe will increase my margin of safety once i start spraying due to decreased back pressure and decreased combustion chamber temp?

i really am happy with my car the way it is now and dont want to make it louder or lose ground clearance or anything and doing headers will be expensive since i dont have a garage and will need to have a shop do it. but if using stock exhaust manifold will increase my chance of detonating while i'm spraying then i will have to get headers/y pipe done since the headers are cheaper than a new motor.

any input would be appreciated!
    Last edited by allforspeed; 09-13-2007 at 08:11 PM.

black
    1999 ss m6

how many of you guys have been spraying 75-100 shot with stock manifold for a long time?

also i dont plan on sticky tires and only plan to use the nitrous on the freeway so hopefully the stock rear end will hold together abit longer

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I have been doing 150 on them for a long time stock with sticky tires.
    They work just fine as long as it is tuned properly.
    Blow 150 through it and you won't need anything else!
    Do yourself a big favor and buy a pair of junkyard V-6 springs for the rear and put some AutoLite AR-94 with your baby shot you have now and AR-93 for the 150.
    The manifolds aren't going to cause detonation if it's tuned properly!
    Also buy a 255 pump.... You say you have all the goodies NOT with a stock pump...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Walbr...spagenameZWDVW

And another tip the biggest gain you see from nitrous is out of the gate so that baby 100 shot won't do much at freeway speed.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

black
    1999 ss m6

thanks for the vote of confidence man, good to hear

i dont want to spray it out of the hole yet cause buying a 12 bolt tomorrow would stretch my wallet pretty thin! soon though!

i already have some ngk copper plugs one heat range colder, tr6's i think they're called.

i've got abit of an autoX suspension so traction from a dig isn't great anyway and i have the gunmetal z06 rims with 315 tires on the back, just looking for a bit more horsepower to play with some of my friends fast cars on the freeway and around town

thanks for the tip on the pump too, i'll definately do that as long as those 255 fuel pumps are equally reliable as the stock ones

100$ is cheap insurance

anyone else on here spraying on the stock exhaust with more than 100 shot and no problems?

also...do you have any dyno sheets on that setup? and stupid question....how impressive did the 100 shot feel? i've never owned a car this powerful and am pretty curious
    Last edited by allforspeed; 09-14-2007 at 08:07 AM.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

LOL - you looooove the 1st time you feel it hit. They call it giggle juice for a reason!!!

I bought my car in May - was spraying by June! All I added was suspension mods (STB, LCAs, SFCs) and then slapped on the HSW kit.

Ran the 100 shot for awhile, until I got my HPTuner software so I could monitor everything when I finally went to the 150 shot.

I run stock exh manifolds and pipe back to a flowmaster... I know ppl say it sucks but I don't have any issues with it yet. I just get lots of compliments on its sound. I hope to get the ARH setup this winter.... I'll look forward to trying them out come spring next year!

HTH,
    -Eagle

PS - watch the NA dyno vid, then the N2O vid in my sig to SEE FOR YOURSELF how impressive it is.... LOL - PS it turns out my bottle was low - pressure was right, but it was low. Very hot day that day. 102* in the shop. I'd expect the car to put up another 75HP and probably spike @ another 100TQ
    | '02 WS6 M6 | KOOKS/ORY | LC-1 | LOU'S SS | UMI SFCs | BMN LCAs & RELOC's | Hotchkis STB | HSW 150 shot | Lid | 42# Lucas | HPTuner Pro |

black
    1999 ss m6

that is some sick torque from a 100 shot hahah.. not bad man.

yeah, thats basically the same exhaust setup i have too and i dont have any complaints, i'm sure that when i add headers/Y pipe though it will be unbearably loud since i commute in the car right now, so hesitant to change the exhaust if it doesn't offer substantial safety when on the Nitrous

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by allforspeed View Post
    how many of you guys have been spraying 75-100 shot with stock manifold for a long time?

also i dont plan on sticky tires and only plan to use the nitrous on the freeway so hopefully the stock rear end will hold together abit longer
    i've been running 150 on stock motor, from TB to exhaust manifolds for over 2 years. i've put down 475 rwhp on a 200+ shot on stock exhaust manifolds.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    1999 ss m6

perfect man, that is exactly the vote of confidence i needed

awesome!

one more question, are you still on the stock rear end and stock clutch?

Thread Information