Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pics of setups

sebring silver
    1999 camaro z28

pics of setups

hey, im gettin a nos setup in mycar and wanted to get some ideas on how setup the switches....so any pics of ur switches would help!! thanks

We have some Ashtray Switch Plates, here's a link to them:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php?cat=316

Thanks,
    Matt

sebring silver
    1999 camaro z28

yea, i saw those, i was actually probably going to buy my kit from you guys...but i was just seeing how other people setup theres..

waldo31031
    I took the spare tire out and put it there I guess you could say it is hidden. I love the location because you still have plenty of room in your trunk

juiced00ss
    sorry no pics of the switches but heres a pic of my bottle.
    Last edited by juiced00ss; 04-14-2006 at 06:29 PM.

black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99kamarokid
    hey, im gettin a nos setup in mycar and wanted to get some ideas on how setup the switches....so any pics of ur switches would help!! thanks
    Hey, Ive got my switches in the ashtray but clearance issues are a problem in the ashtray itself(below the ashtray). The space right beind the shifter (in automatics) where you probably keep miscellaneous things like a remote for a radio, business cards. etc. can be used to mount them in with plenty of room! The convertibles have a switch panel for the conv. top switch and its only $10 at GM. Im gonna get one of those and see what I come up with and post the pics!

black
    98 z28 m6

Heres a shady idea. When i hook up my nitrous im going to try to do it as shady as possible and have everything hidden. My idea was to wire the switches/buttons into the seat. Like on the right side of the seat but underneath the main cover. Nothing will be visible at all. So you can just slide your hand down and push into the seat. I thought of the ash try but anyone browsing though your car will notice that, and 4+ buttons (heater, remote opener, purge, window switch, wot switch, 2 stage, wtc) wont fit too well into your ash try. Plus i like it for my change Idk, i think its clever and will work well as long as i remember which is for what I have a power drivers seat so some wires underneath wont look out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs12321
    Heres a shady idea. When i hook up my nitrous im going to try to do it as shady as possible and have everything hidden. My idea was to wire the switches/buttons into the seat. Like on the right side of the seat but underneath the main cover. Nothing will be visible at all. So you can just slide your hand down and push into the seat. I thought of the ash try but anyone browsing though your car will notice that, and 4+ buttons (heater, remote opener, purge, window switch, wot switch, 2 stage, wtc) wont fit too well into your ash try. Plus i like it for my change Idk, i think its clever and will work well as long as i remember which is for what I have a power drivers seat so some wires underneath wont look out of place.

that sounds like a good idea but be sure not to hide your bottle in the spare tire area because thats where everyone looks first

black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 96355TA
    that sounds like a good idea but be sure not to hide your bottle in the spare tire area because thats where everyone looks first
    Where else are you gonna hide it???????? Who cares let em' look!! If someone is that intent on finding a hidden bottle, theyre gonna find it no matter where you put it!

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by 96355TA
    True that...I wonder where would be a good place then? I pretty much want to go all out to have this hidden. A bottle isnt something small so this is going to be a difficult task none the less. Willing to take opinions. And to the last guy, if its someone that knows camaro's, hes right, thats the first place they will look.

black
    99 Z28

you could always get a couple fo those sneaky shot bottles (like the RX7 has in fast and furious) and put them under the back seats...Just dont let anyone sit there! Any other bottle---no way anywhere else hidden unless you wanna go to a custom shop and waste hella dollars tryin to come up with something.

black
    98 z28 m6

Any idea where i can find them? Alls i can find is 10oz ones which are way too small. Thanks

Hugger Orange
    98 Camaro

You can get all kind of different bottle sizes from N20 kits for ATV's, snowmobiles, and bikes. I have 2 2.5 lb bottles that I use to use on my Raptor from a Boondockers snowmoblie kit.

Just google boondockers and you'll find it

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by nabdrill
    You can get all kind of different bottle sizes from N20 kits for ATV's, snowmobiles, and bikes. I have 2 2.5 lb bottles that I use to use on my Raptor from a Boondockers snowmoblie kit.

Just google boondockers and you'll find it
    Never thought of that. Being im heavily into the atv industry you would think i would ahve thought of that. Thanks for pointing it out though, im going to check that out now.

1966 Corvette Coupe

you might be able to still hide it in the wheel well for ez access, but use smaller bottles and mount them behind the spare (not sure how much room is back there seeing as how i have a vette) then they look in and bam there is a spare tire...

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

here is my set up on a 02 SS with NX wet kit

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

and the bottle in the back.. made a custom billet bracket with trusses underneath (not show)

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

After looking at the bottle plate again, I think I'm going to paint it black or maybe lay some carbon fiber over it. That might look cool, I don't know. I can never just be content, thats the hotrod illness haha.

black
    99 Z28

where did you get that carbon fiber panel behind the shifter? I want one!!

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

I removed the stock tray and cut out the rest and made it myself. I can make carbon fiber at work so I just took some left over material then measured it out.
    Last edited by Soltakr; 06-02-2006 at 02:58 PM.

Thread Information