Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Which NX kit?

This is a discussion on Which NX kit? within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; SCHWEEEEET!!! How much spray are you running?...

Millennium Yellow
    2004 Z06 Corvette

SCHWEEEEET!!! How much spray are you running?

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

set on 180 rwhp

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

f you want to put down some good numbers you REALLY need to get rid of the Nittos!!!

They are by far the worst hooking drag radial we have used and tested amongst each other.

If you really want to be safe there is NO substitute for the NX Maximizer II!!!
    http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/Maximizer2.htm

Have one for the Goat but I'm only using one stage still.......Not going to run the second until I break into the 10's with the one unit and stock converter. I'm really close right now.

Good Luck
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    i put in a good word for you. we'll have to meet up again soon. i need to hit the track with my stuff.

i didn't see a boost-a-pump. are you going to have that as well, or is this part of the wait and see if you need it thing?
    what is the boost a pump??

Millennium Yellow
    2004 Z06 Corvette

A Boost a Pump is made by Kenne Bell...MSD has a similar one. As I understand it, it boosts voltage to your fuel pump to account for some of the losses coming from the battery to the pump. I have heard anything from a 10% to 50% increase in fuel flow depending on the application. It can be set to provide extra fuel when the car comes on the boost for FI cars or all the time for other vehicles. It is one way to upgrade your fuel system.
    So far I have been lucky. On my 100 shot I just added my fuel system is holding up. I am at 512 rwhp and 520 rqtq on a very conservative tune in close to 100 degree temps at 90% humidity. Hope this helps. I am sure others can elaborate further.

I know Caspers Electronics makes a voltage booster. I think it's called V-boost but I really thought a boost-a-pump was an additional, external in-line pump. I have one for both of my Camaros made by different companies. One installed the other waiting to be.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    what is the boost a pump??
    here is the MSD one

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...10002_70014_-1

Adding a turbo or supercharger to your engine is a great way to improve the power of your car. But you have to remember that when more air is being pushed into the engine, the need for additional fuel raises proportionally. Meeting these new fuel demands could mean larger injectors or ECU programming, both of which can be pricey. This new Fuel Pump Booster is the economical (and easy) answer for your engine's new fuel demands. As boost pressure increases in the manifold, the MSD Booster will increase the voltge to the electric fuel pump. The amount of voltage is adjustable with a potentiometer from a range of an additional 1.5 volts to a maximum output of 22 volts over a range of 5-30 psi.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by qwkz06 View Post
    A Boost a Pump is made by Kenne Bell...MSD has a similar one. As I understand it, it boosts voltage to your fuel pump to account for some of the losses coming from the battery to the pump. I have heard anything from a 10% to 50% increase in fuel flow depending on the application. It can be set to provide extra fuel when the car comes on the boost for FI cars or all the time for other vehicles. It is one way to upgrade your fuel system.
    So far I have been lucky. On my 100 shot I just added my fuel system is holding up. I am at 512 rwhp and 520 rqtq on a very conservative tune in close to 100 degree temps at 90% humidity. Hope this helps. I am sure others can elaborate further.
    i plan on going to the track next month. so, hopefully we can make it out there on the same night.

Millennium Yellow
    2004 Z06 Corvette

Let me know when you are going. I am out of town on business most of the month and have a vacation from the 16th to the 26th. Turn 50.. Holy crap.

Millennium Yellow
    2004 Z06 Corvette

Here is the Kenne Bell Boost A Pump link.
    http://www.kennebell.net/accessories...boostapump.htm

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Let me know when you are going. I am out of town on business most of the month and have a vacation from the 16th to the 26th. Turn 50.. Holy crap.
    well then, PM me some wednesdays and fridays you would be available and i'll work around it.

Here is the Kenne Bell Boost A Pump link.
    http://www.kennebell.net/accessories...boostapump.htm
    - I should have done a google search. I have the hotwire kits and didn't realize there was something like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information