Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nos...yes Or No !!!!look!!!!

This is a discussion on Nos...yes Or No !!!!look!!!! within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by krazykarl454 dude u know you need like 4 bottles of NOS to go fast, then ur goat ...

White
    99Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by krazykarl454 View Post
    dude u know you need like 4 bottles of NOS to go fast, then ur goat can shoot green flames, that will be super sweet
    lol ( nooooooooooooo MONICA!!!!!)

BLACK
    1999 PONTIAC TRANS AM

TO BE HONEST MAN GO WITH ANY NAME BRAND AND YOU`LL BE HAPPY I USE AN N/X IT TOOK 2 HRS TO INSTALL EVERYTHING AND IN THE NEXT HOUR I WAS GETTING THE BOTTLE FILLED FOR 4.99 A LB AT KRAGENS ITS NOT TO COMPLICATED TO INSTALL OR USE JUST READ THE DIRECTIONS.. NEVER ACTIVATE UNDER 2500 RPMS I NEVER DO UNDER 3000 AND NEVER PASSED 6000 OR SO STAY WITH A WET KIT AND YOU`LL BE SAFER USE 91 OR BETTER OCTANE IM PLAYING WITH A SHARKBITE NOZZLE AND .51 JET ON THE NITROUS @ 900 psi .33 ON THE FUEL JET ROUGHLY A 175 SHOT ON A BONE STOCK 99 FIREBIRD TRANS AM WITH 4:11`S AND SLICKS IT RUNS 11:90`S AT 117

White/Gold
    99 T/A sold/67 Firebird

Hey Honestly dude I would start with minor bolt-ons to add power guys think they can buy a v8 car fromm a dealer like a gto throw a bottle of nitrous in the trunk and act like there the fastest on the street and yet theses guys are also the ones to blow there engines the fastest, do bolt ons first, plus if you have enough money to get a gto then you have enough money to do the job the right way but if u have money to waste on a new engine I would go with the harris speed works dry kit it hooks directly to your airbox and the whole kit is $300 thats what I got after I had all my bolt-ons

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by stangslayer98 View Post
    on a relatively stock car a dry shot works well and is easy to install, basic things to know are get colder plugs and keep the bottle pressure at a good level ie...950-1150psi if my mind serves me correctly , too little and too much can have adverse effects....like blowing up your intake, backfire coming back up and frying your mass air just to name a few....and to answer your question nitrous oxcide is simply cramming more air into the cylinder, its an oxidant
    can you elaborate a little more on "too little of a shot"? i was thinking of maybe putting a small shot on mine like a 75 or 100 basically in thinking that a smaller shot like that would not damage anything. my mods are comp cams 581/592 on a 114 lsa, patriot dual valve spring kit, hardened pushrods, lt race headers, ory. do you think that a 75-100 shot would be ok with my mods?

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    Click for full size
    dude, crocs? haha

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    I heard nitrous express are very hard to work with...ecually ive seen them and they are confusing..i think you should consider what system you buy...even for NOS..thats why im asking what system is the best..

NX are NOT very hard to work with. That statement is VERY untrue. I actually really like there product and have had great experience with there kits. The solenoids also carry a lifetime warranty. Shit for that matter I haven't even nipped a plug since switching over to NX.

Quote Originally Posted by 99w69kitt View Post
    tnt nitrous kit you wont regret it (LS2TUNER "dont be afraid of the bottle be afraid of your tune") IN SHORT GET A TUNE WITH NITROUS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BEST RESULTS
    Yes the key is to have the correct A/F ratio and not too hot of a plug. The biggest problem I see is BAD wiring and inadequate fuel systems.

Yes a correct tune is also key to long life on the bottle.

Most people that have a car that has been "tuned" will have a shit load of timing added and fuel curve leaned to gain power. That will = detonation on the bottle.

I'll leave you with this thought. . . . . . . . . . They used nitrous in WWII on prop planes it isn't the nitrous that isn't safe it's ignorance.

Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    I'll leave you with this thought. . . . . . . . . . They used nitrous in WWII on prop planes it isn't the nitrous that isn't safe it's ignorance.
    I still like this reference!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    I still like this reference!
    Thanks Dan.

#40 and #50 are my rules of life. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Pewter
    2002 WS6

#20 sounds good too...

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    got a kit for you...325 obo and its yours...

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

this would definantly get you started...the only thing i do not have is a WOT switch or a window switch...its jetted for a 150 shot as of now but can easily be converted to dry for around 30ish.....also..it only has 1 bracket..gave the other one away
    I have the same system and it is the shit and hell yes you should spray!!! if you get a window switch a fuel lean shut down switch you will be fine...

Burgandy
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pmolina0436 View Post
    thats cool..i would be intrested...do you have other jet smaller than a 150 shot?
    The HSW sudden impact dry kit comes with a 75hp,100,125, and 150RWHP jets for LSx's

Check out their website. They do great work.

I'd recommend their Nitrous controller. You can lock the no2 out of first gear (but then it will kick in during 2nd,3rd,4th gear) and control the rpm range that u choose to inject and stop at.

Better control= safer!
    2002 A4 Z28: SLP LM exhaust and HSW 100whp dry shot.

NA: 323.4WHP@5360 RPMs, 344.2ft-lbs@4610 RPMs,
    N2O: 417.0WHP@5200 RPMs, 467.6ft-lbs@4210RPMs

NA: 13.351@107.48mph, N2O: 12.324@117.88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMHmdFywR0w

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

ZEX wet shot FTW.
    Just purge it and turn it on.
    It will automaticlly spray for you only when the car is at WOT, also if there is anything wrong with the system at all it will not spray.
    That and forged pistons and you will have a great set up and it will be safe as hell.

Black
    2000 Trans am ls1

wet or dry?

Black
    2000 Trans am ls1

single or dual

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by bballking_2007 View Post
    wet or dry?
    Quote Originally Posted by bballking_2007 View Post
    single or dual
    Who are asking and about what kit. . . . . . . . . . ?

Wet and not single or dual run a PLATE system that sprays BEHIND the throttle body for better distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich L View Post
    The HSW sudden impact dry kit comes with a 75hp,100,125, and 150RWHP jets for LSx's

Check out their website. They do great work.

I'd recommend their Nitrous controller. You can lock the no2 out of first gear (but then it will kick in during 2nd,3rd,4th gear) and control the rpm range that u choose to inject and stop at.

Better control= safer!

Thanks for the kind words! If anyone has any questions please feel free to shoot me over a PM. Thanks!

Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information