nos wet KIT in my car and thinking about using it

This is a discussion on nos wet KIT in my car and thinking about using it within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Car has a 75 shot wet kit installed. Bottle is missing. Switch in the ashtray lights blue when on so ...

Driving as fast as I can dafaic's Avatar

Silver
    97 TA M6

nos wet KIT in my car and thinking about using it

Car has a 75 shot wet kit installed. Bottle is missing. Switch in the ashtray lights blue when on so i know it is still active and the previous owner said all i needed to do was buy a new bottle. Nos has not been run in the car in over a year. I was told i should consider replaceing the solinoids. I don't know anything about this type of stuff. Are the solinoids easy to change out? (i am no idiot i do all my own work change my own plugs and so fourth) I just don't know how it works. what solinoids to buy? do you have to purge lines or cut fuel off somewhere or what? What should i do. Do i buy a new bottle put it in and go? Or pull the system out and sell it for what it's worth? The car has the kit were it only runs nitrous if the switch is on and when you hit wot it does it automatically. No go baby go buttons!

THANKS

oh i have 100 miles on tr55 plats in the car. will that be okay?

lt4 hotcam, lloyd heads, pnp intake, maf, stock tb, udp, cai, 6al, 1.6 rr, better springs and pushrods.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Check both sol. for funtion!!!!!
    It's VERY easy even if it's on a pussy wide open throttle switch.....
    1- Take off both lines from fogger nozzel.....DONT DROP THE JETS!!!
    2- Turn key on and power to unit....
    3- Push button or hold throttle to WFO while some one watches the fuel line to make sure fuel is shooting out like a drinking fountain....O'h yeah you want to have it shooting in a beer bottle or something.
    If it does you know that the fuel sol. is still working fine and still is "seeing" fuel press.
    4- Now install bottle......Whuke someone else is standing up front open valve on full bottle if ther is a leak you'll hear it!!!
    5- Actavate the unit again and see if you have a nice white cloud shooting out of the line coming of the nitrous sol.
    If so both sol. are now working and holding press.
    6- Very carefully inspect jets to see the # on them......Depending on who's kit check a jet cahrt and make sure they are really 75hp jets....If not change accordingly.

Now go have some fun looking for some shit box imports!!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Silver
    97 TA M6

freaking awesome thanks!!!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Well I got in trouble for talking BAD about the Imports...

Silver
    97 TA M6

wonder why? I know there are some nice ones out there but for the most part it's people that think their shit don't stink. I am sorry but i also believe in supporting the american economy. It's not the 80's anymore we build in my opinion just as good a car as the big imports. That does not include kia, hyndia, suzuki, or daewoo they are just crapola with tires designed for people that need a new car and can't afford to spend alot of money. Which does need to be done. I do have to admit the American sub compacts suck I would never drive an Aveo it's like a ford aspire. Anyway i think we are entitled to our opinions but then again it's prolly against board rules to bash other cars.

Who knows why but at any rate thanks for your very helpful info!!!
    Click for full size
    lt4 hot cam, l.e. heads, gold 1.6rr, hooker lts, 3"ypipe, hookercatback, no cats, subframes, b&m ripper, k&n cai, msd6a-coil-opti, udp, tr55 g's, ta girdle, 4.10's, boxed control arms, Madz28 tune, specstg3, alum. elbow. No traction

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

No problem let me know how it go's.....

Thread Information