Nitrous on a z06... Few ???

This is a discussion on Nitrous on a z06... Few ??? within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Let me start by saying I know nothing about nitrous but have been doing a little reading. I have a ...

Nitrous on a z06... Few ???

Let me start by saying I know nothing about nitrous but have been doing a little reading.

I have a 01 z06 with basic bolt ons I/H/E + synergy tune. I want to run a 100-150 shot but have a few questions.

Can anyone recommend a good quality kit to go with? So far I have heard a lot of good things about the NX kits and it seems like a lot of members on corvette forum and running them.

Will I have to upgrade my fuel pump if I was to go up to a 150shot? What about my timing?

How safe is a 150shot on a pretty much stock Z06? Being a newb on this should I stick with a 100shot?

Will I need to get a tune again after installings the nitrous?

What other safety precautions can I do besides a basic kit?

I have opted not to get a cam and go with a nice nitrous kit. I have $1000 not including install so I want to get all the bells and whistles, mainly concerned with consistency and safety.

Please educate me lol.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 2klude View Post
    Let me start by saying I know nothing about nitrous but have been doing a little reading.

I have a 01 z06 with basic bolt ons I/H/E + synergy tune. I want to run a 100-150 shot but have a few questions.

Can anyone recommend a good quality kit to go with? So far I have heard a lot of good things about the NX kits and it seems like a lot of members on corvette forum and running them.
    www.harrisspeedworks.com (forum sponsor) sells great kits. NX are very good as well.

Will I have to upgrade my fuel pump if I was to go up to a 150shot? What about my timing?
    fuel pump, no. if you've had tuning done, then might wantto bring the table down 1*-2*, depending on how much they changed the table. i've run 28* with no knock on a 150, so it's debate able if you would need to remove any timing.

How safe is a 150shot on a pretty much stock Z06? Being a newb on this should I stick with a 100shot?
    i would say start with the 100. then move up.

Will I need to get a tune again after installings the nitrous?
    if you've had tuning done, then might wantto bring the table down 1*-2*, depending on how much they changed the table. i've run 28* with no knock on a 150, so it's debate able if you would need to remove any timing.

What other safety precautions can I do besides a basic kit?
    window switch is your best friend when it comes to manual cars. that way, it comes on at a preset rpm and then shuts off at a preset rpm. i.e. if you miss a shift and over rev, the nitrous will shut off.

I have opted not to get a cam and go with a nice nitrous kit. I have $1000 not including install so I want to get all the bells and whistles, mainly concerned with consistency and safety.

Please educate me lol.
    other things, like a fuel pressure safety switch, bottle heater, etc... are nice to have.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yes I would also recomend NX for your kit. Your pump should be ok but as cheap as they are I would order one from Lingenfelter Performance Engineering for incsurance purposes.
    Also you can get away with not changing your timing if you run a colder plug.
    But you'll see more power on the bottle if you retard the timing.
    I would also put a Hobbs switch on it if I did the install. It monitors the fuel pressure and any time it drops below a set point it "opens" up the circuit so NO power to the solenoids.
    And who ever wires it make sure they run constant power to the solenoids and are switching it on the ground side.
    Good Luck!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Thread Information