flat black

Nitrous setup for a mild Build

Running stock 2002 bottom end with 25xxx mi, but have a custom ported TB, Professional Products Intake it has billet fuel rails, but no accumulator like the factory LS rails, have a ZO6 cam and some port work done on #241 casting heads. last time i did any nitrous work was on a BMW M3 on an E36 chassis....

i have a really slow tach it reads about 5700 when im at 6500...so i was planning on running some sort of RPM switch to trigger a shift light, could i also run the nitrous off the same switch? or would i be better of with a WOT switch? i have a 6 speed. also what shot should i run should i change my injectors or fuel pump...pump still performs within spec but it has 124xxx mi to it. ive got the ZO6 iridium plugs in the motor but i have a feeling i would need a much colder plug like a TR55 or even a TR6, can the stock bottom end hold up to 150 shot...i mainly drag on the 1/8th....its whats close. the closest 1/4 is rockingham which is 2 hours from me. any help or advice set up options would be great thanks

Get all the saftey features, TPS, window switch, FPSS, nitrous filter. HSW is a sponser that sells a window switch w shift light output and first gear lock out. A lot of people run 150 all the time. Me I'll stick with 100 shot. First questioin is " will you go over the fuel pumps ability ?"

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

yeah the fuel pump is all I would worry about.

flat black
    i dont know what the fuel pumps max ability is...it runs at 60psi... but if anything i could run a boost a pump right?

If you plan on going 150 you need to change your 26 # injectors. Get some injectors at the bone yard off of a 1998, or 01 or 02. Seems 2000 injectors will lean out with a 150 shot. By the pump I mean if you are going over certain HP numbers you need to upgrade.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by lrader99 View Post
    i dont know what the fuel pumps max ability is...it runs at 60psi... but if anything i could run a boost a pump right?
    you can run 150 shot on the stock pump if it is working properly but to be really safe yes you could put an inline pump in if you dont want the hassle of an intank pump. as for the injectors statement saying you are wanting a 150shot i would ASSUME you mean a wet shot. I wouldnt go dry that high because then you ARE asking your injectors for more fuel however if you do not want to spend 400 dollars on injectors i would simply reccomend a wet shot and then all is well since the kit supplies the extra fuel instead of the injectors.

there ya go - go wet with a inline fuel pump, but won't the in line pump ask for more than what the stock in tank pump can handle ? if so it will still run out of fuel before it reaches the HP requirement. ??

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

see this question is something I have been looking for an answer for myself I know a few people that have inlines and are doing good with them btu I always wondered how that worked with the stock pump. ill try and find an answer tonight sometime

Thread Information