Thread: Nitrous Cam

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

Nitrous Cam

What big cam can i run with a 125 shot and make some good power?

Thanks

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

I am running a 230-236 580-590 114lsa custom grind cam. still untuned but is very powerful. also pretty much anything with a bigger exhaust duration will be good for nitrous since you have to expel alot of additional gasses. also be sure you have a good flowing exhaust and decent headers.

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

What do you think about the qtp headers and dual cut out y pipe.? Are you running nitrous? Who makes the custom cam?

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

my cam was ground by midway performance. my roommate and I each purchased a cam from them, his was an off the shelf and mine was custom grind and were both the same price (230$) I was kind of skeptical about the price at first but they promised me a quality cam and that is exactly way I got and they followed up with a second quality cam from my roommate and I recieved the cam within 5 days each time.

Will you be getting the longtube headers? Those are supposed to be very good headers, I believe that they are stainless right? Really any LT headers will do great for you for nitrous just the cheap ones dont always fit well in all cars. I have a set of Jet Hot LTs and Y pipe and I love them but I have had them for 2 years and are showing some rust spots.

Yes I am running nitrous however I havent put nitrous through the car with the new cam in it yet since the car is still untuned. I am running 150 wet shot from NX and will be adding a progressive controller before I spray with my cam to prolong engine life and still run a big shot.

red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    will be adding a progressive controller.
    where are you getting this controller@, i am spraying too and want to get something to retard my timing. if i undrstood correctly that is what you would use this controller for, right?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

a progressive controller doesn't retard timing. it pulses the solenoids to limit the output for a certain amount of time that you set.

example:

for the nos controller i used to have, it was a time based.

first dial was how much by percentage. second dial how long

have a 150 set up. first dial 20% of that. second dial how long of the 20% until you get 100%

there are others that you can ramp the percentage along with the time.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    a progressive controller doesn't retard timing. it pulses the solenoids to limit the output for a certain amount of time that you set.

example:

for the nos controller i used to have, it was a time based.

first dial was how much by percentage. second dial how long

have a 150 set up. first dial 20% of that. second dial how long of the 20% until you get 100%

there are others that you can ramp the percentage along with the time.

and because of the fact that it pulses the solenoids you want to make sure you have a quality kit that comes with some pretty heavy duty solenoids. the only kit I have experience with is my NX wet kit and the solenoids in that kit will work fine for it. this is an example of what you will need to buy if you want to pull timing from your car. http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...ories&pcid=304

there are also cheaper alternatives if you look around more for timing tuners.

Thread Information