New to nitrous need help........

This is a discussion on New to nitrous need help........ within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have a car with 105,000 miles on it and below is the mods that I have done. I would ...

2000 Trans Am

New to nitrous need help........

I have a car with 105,000 miles on it and below is the mods that I have done. I would love to go with a dry kit but is it safe with as many miles I have on my car? And also it is NOT a daily driver. I rarely drive it and rarely race it, i just want a little something that will scare the pants off of some of the faster cars we have around here. Is it safe to have nitrous on a car that is rarely driven and where is the best place to purhcase it? How big should I go and is it easy to install? And should i get a purge kit? Thanks for the help in advance~Chris
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

NW Chitown

2002 WS6

For a car you're just going to "play" with the N2O on, a purge isn't necessary.

As for where to get it, check out our sponsors, like

Safe on a 100k mile car? As long as it's mechanically sound, yes it is. Like anything else that can add 100HP+ to your car though, you need to respect it. Getting a good professional tune is always a good idea! When you call HSW, let them know what questions you have and they will surely be able to help you out.

black silver
    99 z28, 81 z28

ive been running a nos 150 shot dry kit on my 99 z28 with 54000 miles for over 3 years now with no problems and i probably only put a few hundred miles a year on it. but everytime i drive the car it gets sprayed and it is a stock motor with just bolt ons.

WestCoast AZ-CALI

05 Goat SMASHED

Yes it's safe as long as your motor is mechanically sound.
    High mileage motors are usually better in many ways for the bottle. Due to the rings being wore more which opens up the gap and keeps them from butting. Same thing with piston to wall clearance.

Anyways to make sure you can do a compression test to get a good idea of your motors current condition.

I'm not a big fan of dry kits myself. Are you wanting to hide it?

Yes it's VERY safe as long as it's installed correctly and your tune is right. The number 1 key is having the A/F Ratio right. Is your ECU still on the factory tune?

You can safely run 175 wet on a stock motor. Install is moderate in skill level. How are you with wiring? That is where MOST make mistakes.

Purge isn't needed you can motor purge it.

Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Thread Information