White
    2001 camaro z28

New to nitrous had a few questions

OK so I have a,01 z28 with a, lid, emptied cats, and trans tuner. I'm thinking about getting a 75 shot dry, but want to know what kit would be best weather it be dry or wet what company... And why. also wondering what supporting mods are going to be needed. and running wise what will need to be done. I no these questions have probably been answered in here before so I apologize for this just wanting to get some juice ASAP thanks

Red
    99 Z28

Im At work right now on my phone so its hard to answer all those questions, but you will need larger injectors, fuel pump and as far as kit i personally have a hsw (that i am selling) that ranges from 75 to 150. Good acc to have are bottle heater, purge and an activation box. Which i also have. I literally have the whole kit that i can sell u that even comes with the slp lid with the nozzles already drilled.

White
    2001 camaro z28

Send me some pics and a price please I'm interested

White
    2001 camaro z28

Also if I'm only running the 75 shot is injectors and fuel pump needed? If so what injectors and fuel pump

Red
    99 Z28

My car was tuned for a 75 shot and it has 42lb injectors with a 255 in tank.

I would definitely say go with a wet kit. It will save you from having to buy bigger injectors, and there is a lot less tuning involved. Don't forget to get colder spark plugs. Set it up with a timing tuner and window switch on top of the WOT switch. With all those things it's almost impossible to accidentally spray at too low RPM's or hit the limiter. The timing tuner will automatically retard the timing for you when the solenoids open. All you have to do is arm the kit and stand on the loud pedal! And don't forget to hang on to your ass...

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

depends on how safe you wanna be. i just run the relay that comes with the kit and a full wet kit on a 200 stock injectors just a bigger fuel pump because of the size motor i have. newbs need to have a window switch and a full throttle switch till you get exprerienced with how it works and how to use it properly. i personally love having a push button set up ( i find it to be more fun fyi) especially when you have an extra 200 horse at the push of a button. (tends to make things a little "interesting")
    2000 ss camaro, forged lq9 370 short block, stage 3 PRC 243 heads, fast 102 w, big mouth throttle body, MS3 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, stage 3 t-56, monster stage 3, pro 5.0, 4.10's with moser axles, bmr tq arm, lca's, phb. SOLD (thankfully)!!!

New project: 1968 step-side, partial restore, ls/th400 swap. hopefully boosted pics and more info to come!!!

Having a small cam is like having a small dick, everytime you go to use it you wish it was bigger

black
    2001 camaro ss

you should go with a 75 WET. a wet kit will much harder then a dry kit. you will not have to change injectors. also with your given mods you will not need to run a new fuel pump with just a 75 shot.

i personally like the zex kits. i have run one of their dry kits for 2 years after buyin it used, then upgraded to a wet kit and had the same very reliable outcome. comes in the form or a "smart box" with 3 wires. hot, ground, and the 3rd that runs to your TPS wire. it learns the voltage curve thus making it more safe because it only activates a full throttle.

accessories that are a MUST: bottle heater and pressure gauge(a rated "shot" is with 950psi. so you dont want to spray at 600 or 1200)

accessories that are nice : window switch ( with wet kits spraying below 3k rpm causes that fuel puddling that blows intakes off) and a fuel pressure gauge. (you want to know that your not going to run lean. or " knock knock ---BOOM") nitrous is not flamable, it adds power because it simply adds oxygen. this is why you add extra fuel with it. but as soon as you have the extra oxygen from the juice but not enough fuel it will go wayyy lean.

hopefully this helps get you started

Black
    WS6

Ive wondered about nos. what engine upgrades would be smart?
    Head studs? New rings? Also what cam specs work good with nos?

Thread Information