Thread: New To Nitrous

Sunset Orange
    02 Z28

New To Nitrous

I live in Colorado and the only track i ever go to is Bandimere speedway (5800 ft above sea level) I just got the Wet sniper kit for my 02 Z28. I have a ported throttle body, ported MAF,ported intake manifold. The SLP cold air induction kit, Cam, Heads, Long Tubes running into 3 inch exhaust, magnaflow cat, flowmaster, forged pistions, better rods/ valve springs. Summit TCI transmission 2200 stall. I hooked the kit up myself and for right now i have just a baby 75 shot running through it. I plan on getting some gauges and a bottle warmer but figured i would ask for some opinions first.

1) Based on my currents Mod what is the biggest shot i could go safley. The motor has about 40,000 mi since the most recent rebuild

2) what gauges would be most benefical

3) any mods that are a must on these cars when running nitrous

4) would a bottle heater be as benefical as i keep on hearing it is.

5) My fastest pass to date is 12.8. what can i expect with the nitrous

Thanks

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

1) 150 is standard in a wet kit

2) nitrous pressure, fuel pressure, a/f ratio

3) none are a must

4) yes

5) 10hp = .1 quicker. go from there
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Sunset Orange
    02 Z28

So what kind of difference will i show in my ets with a 150 shot through the quater

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

150hp = 1.5 seconds. this is assuming perfection. in reality, i'd say 1.3 seconds, due to wind, friction, and all of those other scientific things.

Sunset Orange
    02 Z28

thanks for all the help mrr.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I went with the Autometer white faced gauges, A/F and N02 pressure they are in my aveator and the bottle heater is amazing ! It will make the most out of whatever shot you go with I would do it. Also very impressive times already for the little air we have up here !!!

WHITE
    2000 Z28 M6

Hey im also runnin nos this year out at bandimere an was told yes youll get the 1.5sec from 150 shot but also the the alltitude difference so my best to date is a sickly 14sec 1/4 SO? minus 1.5sec and minus the 1.0sec elevation and I should be around 11.5???

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by Toes View Post
    Hey im also runnin nos this year out at bandimere an was told yes youll get the 1.5sec from 150 shot but also the the alltitude difference so my best to date is a sickly 14sec 1/4 SO? minus 1.5sec and minus the 1.0sec elevation and I should be around 11.5???
    14.0 to 11.5 out of 150 shot ? Would be nice but wont happen

WHITE
    2000 Z28 M6

so NOS wont compensate for alltitude? idk this will be my first year running a shot at 5800ft. so i wont gain anything over running a shot at sea level? what kind if difference in times did you see?

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I have not ran my setup at Bandi yet I just finished hooking it up at the end of the season but im planning on running a 100 shot so my best at the track was 14.1 so with this 100 shot im expecting a low 13.2 or 13.3 like mentioned before for every 10hp expect about .1 off of your time and that goes for us as well being at 5800ft. So a 150 shot should put you right around the 12.6-12.8 range if you dont spin and all the other factors to put into play. Im also putting on headers and an X pipe this Christmas so I should be in the 12s !!!!! Cant wait !

blue/green chameleon
    98 formula

I'd invest in a decent set of tires otherwise your just pissing in the wind.
    my car runs 13.0's on motor and its been a 11.61 leaving on a 125 shot.

Sunset Orange
    02 Z28

Toes, what else is done to your car? Considering your hitting 14.0 flat id say you got a prettty fast car, its rare to see anything break 14's there. If you dont have it already id consider a small cam, longtubes and some heads. I dont know at this altitude how safe it is to just try to lower your time on nitrous. i went from 14.3 to 13.2 based on what i just listed above (and a 3200 stall considering im running an automatic TCI tranny.) Hopefully with spray i can dip in to high 11's all while driving it to and from the track!

Thread Information