New MicroEDGE nitrous controller from HSW!

Harris Speed Works Inc. is pleased to introduce to the world the first smart window switch. The MicroEdge controller packs a powerful punch in the features department without draining the bank. With features such as: Dual Stage Control, A/F Shut Down Switch, and multi-gear lockout, the MicroEdge is a technology leader in the nitrous industry. But those aren’t even all of the features that are included! The MicroEdge was also designed to work on any rpm signal, from individual coils/coil on plug to crank position sensors. RPM signal can also be obtained by using the fuel injector or tach output signal.

Feature Set of The MicroEDGE:

RPM Window Switch – Only operates the nitrous system within a set “window” of RPM.

TPS Activation Switch – Only operates the nitrous system at (WOT) wide open throttle.

Dual Stage Control – Allows for the use of multiple nitrous kits to be run off of one (1) window switch. IE; multiple stages which can be used with different RPM & TPS values.

A/F Shut Down Switch – Nitrous system(s) will shut down if a lean condition is detected by either a wideband O2 sensor or narrowband O2 sensor. The MicroEdge will also shut down the system if an overly rich A/F is detected (wideband sensor only).

Lean Out Delay - The MicroEdge controller can be programmed to not shut down the nitrous system for a determined amount of time if a lean condition is detected. Great feature for those small lean spikes upon kit activation. This feature can be adjusted up to 10 seconds in .05 second intervals.

Multi-Gear Lock-Out – Can be configured for both stages and can lock-out multiple gears to optimize traction.

Time Delays – Activation of kits can be delayed for up to 10 seconds in .05 second intervals.

Pedal Delay – Delay(s) used to re-gain traction if the system is activated and the gas pedal is let off due to wheel spin and then re-applied. This allows for momentum to be built prior to re-activating the nitrous system(s). Both stages have their own pedal delay which is adjustable up to 10 seconds in .05 second intervals.

Nitrous Solenoid Delay – Delays the nitrous solenoid from being activated for an amount of time after the kit is activated. This helps to cure any lean spike issues that are pre-existing in the system.

Display – Built in LCD display can show RPM, A/F Ratio (mV for narrowband), TPS voltage, Battery Voltage, and Arming Switch Voltage.

File System – Up to three (3) files can be saved within the MicroEdge unit for quick and easy flipping between runs.

We will be running a PRE-SALE on these units until the end of August. If you have any questions concerning the features on the unit or its operation please feel free to shoot me a PM. Thanks!

NBM
    1998 Z-28

I'm not the most familiar with N20 but would this device mean I could have all my controllers and safety equipment in one controller?

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

i am getting one of these soon. 2 paychecks away.

Sweet item, HSW is the wizard in spray electronics.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by 346ci View Post
    I'm not the most familiar with N20 but would this device mean I could have all my controllers and safety equipment in one controller?

Most , still need one item, fuel pressure safety switch

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Most , still need one item, fuel pressure safety switch
    why would you need one if you have a lean condition sensor that shuts off nitrous when there is a lean or rich condition. isn't that what you have to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by 346ci View Post
    Pretty much so. Take a look at this package: http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...age=1&featured . It has just about everything you would require to make your nitrous kit safe and reliable/consistent. With the added lean shut down switch you really don't need a fuel pressure safety switch anymore. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask away. Thanks!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Sweet item, HSW is the wizard in spray electronics.
    Thanks for the kind words.

Matt

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

Fuel Pump

Matt,
    I am getting my car ready for a 100-125 wet shot and of course I am going with the HSW plate system. I want to upgrade my fuel pump and I have been looking at the Walbro 255 and the ones you have for sale on your website. What is a hot wire kit that comes with your racetronix fuel pump? How do I install it? Do I need this? Is it for plastic tank only? I need fuel pump and injectors, any input would help.
    Thanks
    Last edited by WS6ICK; 08-28-2008 at 06:52 PM.
    2010 Camaro
    2006 GTO, LS2, 1 of 475
    2009 Chevy Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    why would you need one if you have a lean condition sensor that shuts off nitrous when there is a lean or rich condition. isn't that what you have to worry about.
    Safety

Going the Walbro route will require you to hack up your fuel pump module and it will also loose the venturi fill system. Going with the Racetronix kit is the way to go, it's a direct replacement for the factory fuel pump and does not require hacking anything up. The hotwire kit allows the fuel pump to get more voltage then the factory wiring allows. The Racetronix kits are available for both the plastic and metal fuel tank vehicles. Chances are you will need an upgraded pump if you are running a cam or a heads/cam set up.

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by WS6ICK View Post
    Matt,
    I am getting my car ready for a 100-125 wet shot and of course I am going with the HSW plate system. I want to upgrade my fuel pump and I have been looking at the Walbro 255 and the ones you have for sale on your website. What is a hot wire kit that comes with your racetronix fuel pump? How do I install it? Do I need this? Is it for plastic tank only? I need fuel pump and injectors, any input would help.
    Thanks

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Hey Matt,

I'm helping out a good friend with nitrous setup and I think we are gonna give your controller a go, I told him to order it today to get the sale. He will be spraying 50-100 on a first stage and 250 on a DP second stage on a built stock-inch bottom end. It should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Hey Matt,

I'm helping out a good friend with nitrous setup and I think we are gonna give your controller a go, I told him to order it today to get the sale. He will be spraying 50-100 on a first stage and 250 on a DP second stage on a built stock-inch bottom end. It should be fun.
    Sounds great, I appreciate the business! Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Matt

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

Matt,
    I have been doing research and figuring out what I need to run nitrous on my Trans Am. HSW is way cheaper than the rest. Here is what I want to buy:
    HSW 78mm plate kit
    HSW Ashtray switch plate
    HSW all out accessory kit

Is there anything else I need to run nitrous safely? Do you guys offer a Military Discount? With the microedge controller, does everything wire in and I do not have to buy anything else? Do you have a instruction book on how to hook up the controller?
    Thanks

BTW: I took your advice (above) and bought a Racetronix fuel pump with hotwire kit.
    Last edited by WS6ICK; 09-18-2008 at 10:57 AM.

With the below items it would be a complete kit, nothing else would be needed. Due to our pricing structure there are no other discounts available. There is a manual for the MicroEdge, if you open a ticket with support they can attach the manual for you:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/support

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by WS6ICK View Post
    Matt,
    I have been doing research and figuring out what I need to run nitrous on my Trans Am. HSW is way cheaper than the rest. Here is what I want to buy:
    HSW 78mm plate kit
    HSW Ashtray switch plate
    HSW all out accessory kit

Is there anything else I need to run nitrous safely? Do you guys offer a Military Discount? With the microedge controller, does everything wire in and I do not have to buy anything else? Do you have a instruction book on how to hook up the controller?
    Thanks

BTW: I took your advice (above) and bought a Racetronix fuel pump with hotwire kit.

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

Thanks Matt, will do.

Thread Information