2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

MSD Digital RPM Activated Window Switch

Anyone running a MSD Digital RPM Activated Window Switch on their Nitrous system? I am getting ready to install a 150 shot of wet nitrous on my 2000 Trans Am, WS6. I have the install instructions for the MSD Digital RPM Activated Window Switch. I understand where every wire goes but the yellow and gray wire. Does the yellow wire go the negative side of the nitrous or fuel solenoid? And I assume the grey wire is not hooked to anything? The kit I plan to install is a HSW 150 shot plate kit. It comes with a WOT switch. I take it that the WOT switch and window switch works in conjunction with each other. Do I need a fuel pressure safety switch also?
    Last edited by WS6ICK; 07-18-2008 at 09:40 PM.

S.O.M.
    2002 camaro

msd

heyi just installed mine the other day, dont worry about the gray thats normally closed you wanna use normally open then when the rpms hit the set point the curcit makes. the white wire go's to the pin out 10 on your ecu the red side of the ecu to the left theres 2 white wires its the one all the way to the left. if you pullthe gray cover off it willsay 10. black go's to ground, red to keyed 12 volts. yellow wire go's to the ground wires on your solenoids. the window switch is compleating the ground for the solenoids which makes them spray. also i set mine to spary at 2500 and shut off at 5200 its up to you just make sure it stops spaying a little before your shift. and you need to set it on 4 cylinder mode and you can test it by haveing some one revthe moter to 1500 or what ever and look at the msd and it will have the rpm read out.
    have any more ?'s just let me know.

2000 Trans Am WS6 LS6
    2006 GTO LS2

Thanks for the info. I don't think the MSD Digital window switch has to be on 4 cylinder mode. It has a 1 cylinder mode for the LS engines. The non-digital window switch has to be on 4 cylinder mode.

S.O.M.
    2002 camaro

msd

if you wire it into a single coil pack you can use the 1 cylinder mode but if you wire it into pin out 10 you have to use 4 cylinder mode

well ihave a question about the window switch? do you run it in "serious" with the WOT switch? so when all the WOT is closed and the RPM switch is closed it will then spray? or do u use the RPM switch as ur grounds for the solenoid, and the wot switch is on the hot side? im working on getting a HSW kit, and just trying to figure out the wiring. so i can jump rite in it. thanks again

Thread Information