Lt1 Nitrous Question

This is a discussion on Lt1 Nitrous Question within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I have an lt1 with underdrive pulleys, headers, y pipe, computer tuned, shift kit, cai, tb bypass, 3" cutout going ...

green
    1996 z28

Lt1 Nitrous Question

I have an lt1 with underdrive pulleys, headers, y pipe, computer tuned, shift kit, cai, tb bypass, 3" cutout going to a one chamber with borla tips, mass air ported and descreened, no egr or air pump, new tr55s and 8.0 plug wires. My car has 83k miles and is auto. It ran 9.21 before all the work listed above. Do you think it would be ok to run a 125 wet shot? And what should it run?

Should be okay, make sure you swap out the plugs for a colder set, like some TR6s. On a 100 shot most loose a sec of their ET and pick up right around 10 mph. But a lot of that will depend on track prep and such.

Matt

M3 SMG 350HP

Quote Originally Posted by 96lt1z28 View Post
    I have an lt1 with underdrive pulleys, headers, y pipe, computer tuned, shift kit, cai, tb bypass, 3" cutout going to a one chamber with borla tips, mass air ported and descreened, no egr or air pump, new tr55s and 8.0 plug wires. My car has 83k miles and is auto. It ran 9.21 before all the work listed above. Do you think it would be ok to run a 125 wet shot? And what should it run?
    I went from 8.3 in the 1/8th to 7.54 with just the additional of a 100 wet NX shot.

Wet you can run a 150 no problem.

green
    1996 z28

What does your car have done to it? Will my auto tranny shift while using nitrous?

Green
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Hi.. I am also running an LT1 in my 95 Formula.. The engine is just about finished and should be ready for install in about 3-4 weeks. I went with a .020 overbore, LT4 hotcam, TRW Forged Pistons, Felpro nitrous gaskets, BBK 52mm throttlebody with a matched LT1 intake manifold, MSD (PN 83811) Optispark Replacement Ignition, 1.6 roller rockers, Jet Hott Ceramic Coated exhaust manifolds, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, etc.. My setup is basically like the 385HP Fastburn setup with the upgraded cam, ignition, roller rockers, etc.. ( http://www.lowcostengines.com/12496769.htm ) ..So, I "should" be good for about 400HP.. I do have a question about which lifters would be good for my setup. Locally, where I live, people are reluctant to help unless you purchase the products directly from them.. GRRR. I was looking at these ( http://www.powerandperformancenews.c...Category_Code= ) but I'm unsure exactly which lifters would benefit my setup, which P/N, which name brand, etc.. Can anyone advise?

I'm also going to have a nitrous setup and I am eye'ing this one ( http://nitrousdirect.com/lt1.html ).. I'm told this is about the limit as far as nitrous goes, for my LT1. Is this too much or should I be "OK" on my fresh rebuild? It's a 200HP Wet Kit. My 4L60E has been COMPLETELY redone and beefed up as well. I am told it would handle up to 700HP.. I also bought an EDGE racing converter (with anti ballooning plates) good to 650-700HP with a 3000 RPM stall.. I still lack the drive shaft and rear end but in a few months, I will have that purchased as well.

I've got some decent tires/rims (Corvette ZR1 rims ~ 17x9.5's on the front and 17x11's on the rear). Early next year, I plan on upgrading to AFR heads and a really good set of long tube headers.. So.. Am I aiming tooooo high for a "juiced" 600HP LT1 setup?

green
    1996 z28

officermartinez, 2 of my buddys have pretty well stock lt1s besides exhaust and they both are dual stage 275 shots on both cars. This has been goin on over 2 years now and they havent blown jet, so you should be more than safe. Just make sure to run cold plugs like an ngk tr6

Green
    1995 Pontiac Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 96lt1z28 View Post
    officermartinez, 2 of my buddys have pretty well stock lt1s besides exhaust and they both are dual stage 275 shots on both cars. This has been goin on over 2 years now and they havent blown jet, so you should be more than safe. Just make sure to run cold plugs like an ngk tr6
    Thanks! I am still a little new to the race scene even though I have had a total of 4 F-Bodies.. I'm very excited about getting the car dyno'd and some track times. There are a few guys here locally that have as much as 800+ HP on their LT1's but they are definately not street legal..lol.

On a side note, has anyone had any luck with the Wolfe Racecraft ( http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=246 ) 4th Gen Roll Bars? I just bought one and should pick it up in about a week.

Thread Information