Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

legallity of nitrous on streets?

is it legal to have n2o on a car in OK, or KS

Try looking it up in the vehicle code, more then likely it's available online.

Matt

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

I'm pretty sure its legal to have it, just not use it. It may vary by state. I would call the DMV in your area and pose the question to them.

Hotrod
    I live in Texas and I was told that it's legal to have it but if you get pulled over it cannot be armed nor can there be any in the purge lines. I was pulled over several times and the cop asked to look at the pressure gauge and even asked me to hit the purge to see if I had it armed or if I'd been using it.

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod
    I live in Texas and I was told that it's legal to have it but if you get pulled over it cannot be armed nor can there be any in the purge lines. I was pulled over several times and the cop asked to look at the pressure gauge and even asked me to hit the purge to see if I had it armed or if I'd been using it.
    That's pretty much what I was getting at. It's like the fact that technically it's legal to have a cutout, just not open...

Black
    2000 SS

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo98z
    I'm pretty sure its legal to have it, just not use it. It may vary by state. I would call the DMV in your area and pose the question to them.

Don't worry about the DMV. They have nothing to do with that. Contact the DOR.(Department of Revenue)

Redneck Engineer

Green
    1996 Impala SS

In VA and MD, it's legal to have it on your car but as Hotrod said for Texas, it cannot be armed on the street.

I guess the solution if you have an electric valve opener is to have a hidden purge vent - something the cop's not going to see as he's pulling you over!

It's not legal to use in Oklahoma, but they have to be able to prove you were using it. Just having it is okay. I've never heard of a police officer checking to see if the bottle is opened, armed or if there is anything in the lines. I own several cars and keep nitrous on most of them. I somewhat have to because I'm a dealer for NX so it's advertisement. I'm also a police officer. I don't ever check for nitrous on the cars I stop. I don't look to stack on people. If I pulled you over, I already have enough reason. Besides that, you're not doing anything that I didn't do when I was younger.

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

Quote Originally Posted by FullAuto
    It's not legal to use in Oklahoma, but they have to be able to prove you were using it. Just having it is okay. I've never heard of a police officer checking to see if the bottle is opened, armed or if there is anything in the lines. I own several cars and keep nitrous on most of them. I somewhat have to because I'm a dealer for NX so it's advertisement. I'm also a police officer. I don't ever check for nitrous on the cars I stop. I don't look to stack on people. If I pulled you over, I already have enough reason. Besides that, you're not doing anything that I didn't do when I was younger.
    wow found this a month late, but thanks a million. all my prayers have been answered

so im good to go

Thread Information