Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Just ordered my nitrous system!!!

Well i was going to go with a cam but started realizing i might spend more then i really want to get it installed. I went with a dry system and probably going to run 100 shot max. Getting it installed for 200.00 and need to get a re tune from Frost. Hopefully if things go well i will put it back on the dyno and see what happens.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Pewter
    99 z28

Nice bro, 100shot on a LS1 would be nasty on the street. The LS1's are becoming cheaper and cheaper to find these days, u could pick up a full swap for less than 2grand nowadays if u know what you're doin and can pull a motor from a salvage title car. Or get really lucky and find one in a junkyard, thats like once a blue moon tho hehehh.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

nice dude i ran 175 dry on my car and it moves! haha 100 shot will be nice and safe though imo. Im just stupid.

2002 Black WS6

What system did you get?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I got DynoTune, he has 99.8% feedback on ebay. Figured id give it a try. I had HSW but for me i had problems to say the least with there nitrous solenoids. So i decided to go with DynoTune instead. Either way i hope it comes out good. Im shooting for 450-460 rwhp but i know thats a long shot. I was going to buy another system from another ebay member but he was a bit of a prick, he is selling it for 379.99+shipping so i offered him in the end 365.00+shipping and he refused. Reason why i say this is because he had on the auction make offer. I was only 15.00 bucks less in the end and he told me in a nice way to F off, lol. So i told him just to pull off his MAKE OFFER and do a buy it now since it doesnt make any sense to only take an offer for 5-or maybe 10 bucks less if he even accepts that. I even asked him what is the lowest he is willing to go and basically said no thanks. It just comfirmed even more going with DynoTune.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 04-06-2011 at 10:53 PM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Quote Originally Posted by DVrec21 View Post
    Nice bro, 100shot on a LS1 would be nasty on the street. The LS1's are becoming cheaper and cheaper to find these days, u could pick up a full swap for less than 2grand nowadays if u know what you're doin and can pull a motor from a salvage title car. Or get really lucky and find one in a junkyard, thats like once a blue moon tho hehehh.

Once in a blue moon is on the money. My friend scored big time. He is getting a full swap LS1 motor with tranny and wiring harness for 500 bucks from a car with only 27k on clock. His other friend is going to help him install it for free, lol. He will sell his stock V6 motor and tranny for him and keep only 200 of the sale. Im like WTF and who do you know.

hugger orange

It's a shame your all the on the other side of the country....around here we do cam swaps and installs for a case of beer and you get to help drink it

Hey DVrec21, what part of Pa are you in?

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Hey Karpet, how pleased are you with the DynoTune nitrous kit? I am looking at it on ebay as well. The price seems great and it looks like it would be perfect for what I am looking to do.

If I got that kit, what else should I be looking at for the nitrous kit? I am new to nitrous so I am wanting to make it as 'safe' as possible. Even though I hear if you do it all right, it will be safe. Just what extra parts and measures will I need to take to make it safe?

Thanks
    Last edited by WS6Dream; 05-02-2011 at 11:29 AM.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Congrats on the NO2 purchase, I look forward to pics and vids

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

is it safe to run nitrous on stock ls1?? how much the kit cost?
    if i get caught with nitrous im sure i get in serious trouble right?/

congrats on the kit bro.. pics when is done
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    is it safe to run nitrous on stock ls1?? how much the kit cost?
    if i get caught with nitrous im sure i get in serious trouble right?/

congrats on the kit bro.. pics when is done
    for everything to do it right and safely your looking at around $1,000, this includes safety switches and timing box.

In Maryland its listed as a " power adders device" and carries a $270 fine...ask me how I know lol

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Make sure you guys run the correct spark plugs with your kits. Get NON-Projected plugs. Pull the correct amout of timing for your shot size and it'ss be fine.
    2001 WS6 TA Red. Stock, 6 spd, LS7 clutch, Catback, Harris Nitrous Kit, Custom Painted Flames, Wolfe 6 point rollbar.
    1998 TA Black. 408, t350, nitro daves plate w/dedicated fuel cell, mini tubbed, 30" dr's. 9.75 @136mph on a small shot. Fastest LSX in Alaska, Pump gas, never trailered street car.
    2007 TBSS. Silver, Factory Stock

black
    2001 T/A WS6 sold...

nitrous system better bang for the buck..i ran a nx wet kit with a nitro daves plate for years on my car it handled it fine

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    for everything to do it right and safely your looking at around $1,000, this includes safety switches and timing box.

In Maryland its listed as a " power adders device" and carries a $270 fine...ask me how I know lol
    Thanks

$1000 I would pay it. Great hp for few bucks
    But I'm afraid to run that lol. I feel like I'll blow up my motor. I have no clue how to run it

A fine for that? I'm sure in Cali the car will get tow and never get it back plus the fine lol

I wonder if it's illegal in Cali.
    My friend said you could have it. But if it's plugged and ready to use. It is illegal. Idk if that's true.

black99, silverY2K
    1999 z28 & Y2K z28

Sounds like you should hide the bottle. It makes sense. Keep it from prying eyes, cops, robbers, and competition. Hide as much of it as you can. Run a smaller bottle if you have to.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

The problem is when cops open the hood. And see the hoses there.

I wanted to put the bottle between the back seats.

black99, silverY2K
    1999 z28 & Y2K z28

The cops look under your hood?? Are they checkin the oil? Why would they look? I have never had the cops look under the hood. I gota tell you I have seen them check the interior, the trunk but never under the hood.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by parnelligq View Post
    The cops look under your hood?? Are they checkin the oil? Why would they look? I have never had the cops look under the hood. I gota tell you I have seen them check the interior, the trunk but never under the hood.
    here in cali if the cop wants to give you a hard time, they take you out of the car search inside the car, open the hood on cars like, imports,camaros, mustangs, stuff like that, and if they not happy with thta, they send you to state ref.. the car has to be 100% stock or you fail...
    thats how it is in cali

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    here in cali if the cop wants to give you a hard time, they take you out of the car search inside the car, open the hood on cars like, imports,camaros, mustangs, stuff like that, and if they not happy with thta, they send you to state ref.. the car has to be 100% stock or you fail...
    thats how it is in cali
    can't remember if it's north, or south Carolina, but any kind of street racing they can take and KEEP your car

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    can't remember if it's north, or south Carolina, but any kind of street racing they can take and KEEP your car
    here in cali i belive they do the same, you get caught racing they take the car, cant get it back, they take it to the junk yard and smash the poor car,
    it was a law coming uo few years ago, and i think they passed it, a firend of mine said, they called you to go see it when they doing it, so you can see is not a joke..

if its true that sux big time

Thread Information