Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Interesting purge locations?

I will be gettin a 150 shot installed in about a week and Im lookin for a good location to put a purge for it. I was originally thinkin that it would be bad ass to have it somehow purge through the little section by the mirror. However I hear that the temp of the purge will ruin the paint. So it scared me off that idea. Any other good spots that arent the norm but still look bad ass?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Front grille? Plumb the hose through the bumper foam have a purge come out on the front.

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

I like the good ol' "off the front glass" purge. Dual purge right from under the cowling aiming at the same slope as the front windshield.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Is coloring it worth it at all, or is that money wasted on a stupid pipe dream... i mean nothing wrong with the grey color, but it would be cool for color.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I was talkin to a buddy who had a 97 z28 camaro, it had the lt1 motor in it. He has a nitrous kit that he is sellin for cheap. Does the lt1 nitrous set up fit onto the ls1 motor? I dont think it does but im makin sure, cause i would rather buy a set up for cheap from him then from a performance shop.

1966 Corvette Coupe

do you really want ppl knowing you have NOS?

if i spray the vette ill purge it under the car...

but if you want to show off purge from the wheel wells... or behind the hood...

-me

black
    99 camaro ss

if you didn't want to make it obvious that you had n2o you could always mount the purges by your exaust..... plus you could always make someone think that you have a pos that smokes and race em..... and if you want to go all out on the pos idea have a shut off switch to one of your cylinders so it sounds horrible then before your take off fire it back up...
    sorry kinda off topic

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by DustfromyZ28 View Post
    I will be gettin a 150 shot installed in about a week and Im lookin for a good location to put a purge for it. I was originally thinkin that it would be bad ass to have it somehow purge through the little section by the mirror. However I hear that the temp of the purge will ruin the paint. So it scared me off that idea. Any other good spots that arent the norm but still look bad ass?
    Do it up the windshield.

Or if the n2o your hooking up is on the car on the left in your avatar, have it purge out the hood scoops.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

ya, the car on the left is runnin on straight motor. however, its not like people wont know its a fast car as it is... its a z28... not exactly easy to turn it into a sleeper, so i figured go balls out and at least make it look good while im tearin down the track

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    do you really want ppl knowing you have NOS?

if i spray the vette ill purge it under the car...

but if you want to show off purge from the wheel wells... or behind the hood...

-me
    I would never want somthing of that cold temp of gas form under my hot car where things can stress or break. I did it to my GN when I first did my stage two set up. I cracked my down pipe twice for finally realyzing what was going wrong under there. I know you mean by aiming at the ground, or at an angle, but still.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I think duals out of the grill intakes in front.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I think duals out of the grill intakes in front.
    My friend has it done, and it looks mean as hell.

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
    I would never want somthing of that cold temp of gas form under my hot car where things can stress or break. I did it to my GN when I first did my stage two set up. I cracked my down pipe twice for finally realyzing what was going wrong under there. I know you mean by aiming at the ground, or at an angle, but still.
    i wasnt thinking you know under the hood... i was saying run a tube down to make sure it would clear anything it coudl spary on and spray it straight down...

and you tell me to watch so i dont crack stuff, but ppl are saying to spary the windshieild... and ppl put co2 though inercoolers all the time... or even spray intakes...

though pointing out its prolly not a good ideal to purge all up under your hood might save someones ass...

-me

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    i wasnt thinking you know under the hood... i was saying run a tube down to make sure it would clear anything it coudl spary on and spray it straight down...

and you tell me to watch so i dont crack stuff, but ppl are saying to spary the windshieild... and ppl put co2 though inercoolers all the time... or even spray intakes...

though pointing out its prolly not a good ideal to purge all up under your hood might save someones ass...

-me

Ahh my bad! still IC piping, or an intake nearly did not get as hot as by bottom end. No biggie man ! Hey have a on me..

Thread Information