I'm thinking about getting nitrous

But I have a couple of questions since I don't know much about it. What would be a safe shot so I don't break anything,100? My cousin ran a 150 shot on his WS6 and melted a piston so I think that might be a little high. Which is safer wet or dry? Which kit does everybody reccommend thats affordable around $500? What plugs should I run and is there anything else I should change out besides plugs?

NX wet kit

A 100 - 125 shot is pretty safe. As long as the fuel system is up to par a 150 shot would not be a problem. You'll want to run some NGK TR6 spark plugs. Both wet & dry are safe and work well. Depending on how large of a shot you want to run & what your mod plans are one might be a better choice then the other. If you might go with a cam down the road a wet kit might be a better choice as the fuel is added via the fuel solenoid, not the injectors as with a dry kit. If you went with a dry kit and did a cam you may have to upgrade to a larger set of injectors & PCM tuning for them, so in the long run a wet kit may be a little less expensive. Take a look at our kits too, if you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by shady1504
    But I have a couple of questions since I don't know much about it. What would be a safe shot so I don't break anything,100? My cousin ran a 150 shot on his WS6 and melted a piston so I think that might be a little high. Which is safer wet or dry? Which kit does everybody reccommend thats affordable around $500? What plugs should I run and is there anything else I should change out besides plugs?

Black/Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

how well does the stock computer handle nitrous? I would figure it would need to know when you hit the nitrous so it can change timing and whatnot... Does the ECU need to be totally re-programmed?

It handles it fine with either a wet or dry shot. Timing dosn't have to be removed if it hasn't been advanced any from stock. If it was advanced any with a tune you can take it back out with a LS1 Timing Tuner or run a higher octane fuel. A dry shot will pull a degree or two automatically.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker
    how well does the stock computer handle nitrous? I would figure it would need to know when you hit the nitrous so it can change timing and whatnot... Does the ECU need to be totally re-programmed?

Thread Information