Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

white
    2002 z28

If i blow up my motor on NX can the dealership find out easy?

if i blew up my motor spraying can the dealer/ insuance adjusters void my warrenty since i bought a extra 2 years or not cover on insurance.

my question is if i ppull every trace of the NX KIT out of the car will they still find out.

And is there anything to hide or replace when something like that happens??????????

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

if u have a nitrous fire, they'd be able to tell

aka the nitrous explodes prematurely and it burns your intake components, but usually you're whole car goes up in flames when that happens

first of all would your insurance / warentee cover a blown engine?

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

it really depends on what happens during "blowing up the engine" I mean if you just throw a rod or something to that effects then probrably not. A backfire could be a little harder to disguise because your engine will catch fire but it all depends on what gets burn up in the process I suppose. It would be a gamble. I didnt hurt any engine components when I backfired through my intake but I did need a new MAF sensor, intake tube, and my IAC and TPS sensors are melted and charred but still work. I also melted a bunch of wires that I have taped off so you can definatly not hide that stuff without buying new sensors and a new wiring harness..

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

bottom line though, if you plan to race then expect to pay. Dont try and get away with blowing up your car racing it and expect the dealership to pay. You have to pay to play and if you cant then maybe you should consider another hobby

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yes there is MANY ways they could tell and on the same note I've gotting mine and customers cars warr. also. It all depends. I would say on a 65% ratio they have been able to get warr. There is no way to tell you yea or nea until you tell us exactly what broke. Not to mention how good the install was on not drilling holes for brakets and such.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Warranty/insurance companies are very smart. Or at least I'll say they are seldom to pay out. They always find an excuse to not pay out.

I had a customer with a 02 Z28 who had spun a rod bearing. They drained his oil and analyzed it. Wanted all his oil change records. It took a very long time before they gave him an answer on his engine. I believe in the end he got a new short block out of it.

white
    2002 z28

tthanks, are u a insur agent

blue/green chameleon
    98 formula

I had gas on my 2000 gmc and it spun a main with 50k on the clock.I took my aftermarket intake off with the hole drilled in it,put the old stock plugs back in it,and took all of the bolt ons off.I drained the oil out of my daddys truck and put it in mine,I thought I had thought of everything All my truck had was a flowmaster when they got it and not a trace of a nitrous kit.The GM dealership sent off a sample of my oil and it took damn near 3 weeks to hear anything back.
    They started asking questions about nitrous and asking me if I race my truck..I just played stupid asking what nitrous was and why would I have something like that on a fullsize truck aint nawz for hondas?
    they ended up giving me a new motor because the service writer told me by the oil sample they can prove nitrous has been on my truck but couldnt prove If I done it or if it was sprayed before I bought it from them. They wanted oil change records and all.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

haha.. thats a pretty good story.. pretty crazy huh?

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z-28

i actually work for a "insurance" company (aka extended warranty or mechanical breakdown insurance)

if you did have a failure it would obviously not be an inexpensive claim...
    this being they would opt to send out an Inspector (indepentent from the company) and they would check out the car, take pics, notes & speak to the tech's @ the shop

then they write a detailed report with their findings & "professional" opinions being the cause of failure/extend of damage & reccomended repairs if applicable

i g2 run right now though... feel free to post up any questions you all may have & i'll gladly answer what i can...

PS- who'd you buy the extended warr from? & who is your "policy administrator"???

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z-28

most companies wont analize oil because it isnt very cost effective... we used to at my company but everything works on numbers... loss ratio's and all... i spend between $20,000-$100,000 each day with out blinking...

it also depends on the company too... how badly they need to protect their assets...

my company has well over 75 million in assets so they're not worried about another motor or trans... just limiting the costs a bit... ie. you want a GM reman motor for $4000 but we can get a LKQ (like kind and quality = used) for $2000 we'll offer the dollar ammount towards the repair + labor and what not or we'll ship the unit

there are ALOT of ins & outs to these contracts... whats most important is that you are bound to the terms and conditions of the contract you purchasded & signed... read it very carefully...

what the definition of a failure is & what is covered (weather it lists specific parts or is "exclusionary" - also what is excluded from coverage is extremly important as well)

bottom line... if the try and F you... call a lawyer & go to arbitration (which is also listed in your contract) and the courts... they will settle even more in your favor bc going to arbitration/court is by no means what so ever cost effective for any company... and usually loose any how bc everyone feels for the "customer getting screwed"... which unfortunatley often is the case... but good for them lol...

i should write a thread on extended warranties.. maybe ill get sticky fame that way lol

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADDLS1 View Post
    my company has well over 75 million in assets so they're not worried about another motor or trans... just limiting the costs a bit... ie. you want a GM reman motor for $4000 but we can get a LKQ (like kind and quality = used) for $2000 we'll offer the dollar ammount towards the repair + labor and what not or we'll ship the unit
    Yes I would read over your waratty paper work more than likely you will not get a new crate motor or anything made by gm. It will either be a used motor or a remanufactured motor. I know a guy locally that has had a problem with his warranty. Blew his first motor then got a like new motor that lasted a few months then started tapping like bitch. Got his next motor that was suppose to be a rebuilt motor, he dropped the oil pan and found all kinds of metal chips in the pan. Immediatly sent that back and struggled to finnally get a rebuilt motor by a decent shop but it was a big hassel.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Yes I would read over your waratty paper work more than likely you will not get a new crate motor or anything made by gm. It will either be a used motor or a remanufactured motor.
    exactly... the most important factor to realize is the warr companies want to limit their risk... therefore depending on the time & mileage left on the VSC (vehicle service contract) will effect the ammount of $$$ they're willing to spend on repairs... ie. 1 yr & 8,000 left they're going to go the cheapest route possible with a 12month 12k warr

5 yrs & 60,000 left on contract the company would be much more willing to spend an extra few grand to not have to worry about it failing again for some time... and hope it lasts to EOC (end of contract)

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Yes there is MANY ways they could tell and on the same note I've gotting mine and customers cars warr. also. It all depends. I would say on a 65% ratio they have been able to get warr. There is no way to tell you yea or nea until you tell us exactly what broke. Not to mention how good the install was on not drilling holes for brakets and such.
    Im sorry, did anyone find this post painful to read from a grammar stand point?

LS2 you always seem like you have a lot of knowledge and good things to say but I just cant understand it sometimes.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by jmhvenom View Post
    Im sorry, did anyone find this post painful to read from a grammar stand point?

LS2 you always seem like you have a lot of knowledge and good things to say but I just cant understand it sometimes.
    Sorry you can't understand there jmhvenom. Guess I was at the track blowing off 10's instead of getting a masters in English. I'll try NOT to use ANY slang terms or abbreviations for you from now on.
    So next time if it gets painful for you can just skip to the next posted reply.

Hope my grammer was good enough on this one!!!

Silver
    2002 Z28

Just thought I would try to help you out. I don't really mind the slang too much.

"Yes there is MANY ways they could tell "

I think that was where I started to cringe. I also do not think it would take a masters in english, maybe just 3rd grade. It was only a friendly suggestion that might have helped people listen to you a better. I only decided to say something after reading several of your posts. You seemed to have something worth while to say but somehow made yourself sound like you did not know what you were talking about at the same time. Kind of a paradox.

Anyway, continue on sorry to get off topic.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

It was only a friendly suggestion that might have helped people listen to you a better.
    I guess we could say they same to you after reading this sentence. Maybe he is to busy to run spell check and check for grammatical errors after typing out each post.

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

just to set my arguement in stone here are some other examples from your personal archives

I am going to have to say neither. I have a prokit, looks great, ride sucks, and I scrap on anything. Maybe it will change my mind when I get some new shocks (stock still)
    spelling error- Scrape! and no comma needed after prokit

They are great so far, a little fit ment issue, dunno how long aluminum headers last is my only problem.
    dunno is not a word and "fit ment" is one word- fitment.

Last one:
    Would suggest taking it to a dealer under warrenty but I am thinking thats out of the question in 2007. Hope its already, lots of talk about this awhile ago. I think it was a GM service bulletin.
    No subject in the first sentence. It should read "I would suggest..." Secondly "warrenty" is spelt warranty

On a side note you can examine my english as well, I will tell you right now its not perfect however you should not make such rude comments to such a great contributing member of this board without being perfect yourself.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    just to set my arguement in stone here are some other examples from your personal archives

spelling error- Scrape! and no comma needed after prokit

dunno is not a word and "fit ment" is one word- fitment.

Last one:
    No subject in the first sentence. It should read "I would suggest..." Secondly "warrenty" is spelt warranty

On a side note you can examine my english as well, I will tell you right now its not perfect however you should not make such rude comments to such a great contributing member of this board without being perfect yourself.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Alright I will definately admit that is hilarious, but I do not think I have the time to go through and find 3 mistakes by you

Thread Information