Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

How Much To Spray...

I have forged internals (Diamond pistons, Callies Crankshaft etc.) and was wondering what shot I should start out w/...
    Probably gonna go w/ a Zex kit... I wasn't gonna retune my car for nitrous at first. Mods in Sig if it matters. Thanks!

Pewter
    2002 WS6

do you have fuel system mods? If so... you should be good to go pretty high. But its safe to say that you WILL need >28# injectors and a 255 pump to keep up.

I'd say start out @ 150 and go from there if you're tuning your own car. Anything past the 150 mark, and you're going to need a progressive controller so you don't shock the heck out of your drive train when the juice hits.

Be sure to use a plate kit. Its really just my opinion, but they work MUCH better on larger shots than a nozzle or two will.

Good luck and RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!

-Eagle

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    do you have fuel system mods? If so... you should be good to go pretty high. But its safe to say that you WILL need >28# injectors and a 255 pump to keep up.

I'd say start out @ 150 and go from there if you're tuning your own car. Anything past the 150 mark, and you're going to need a progressive controller so you don't shock the heck out of your drive train when the juice hits.

Be sure to use a plate kit. Its really just my opinion, but they work MUCH better on larger shots than a nozzle or two will.

Good luck and RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!

-Eagle
    39lb injectors & stock pump.
    Stage 5 4L60E (800hp) Trans is getting put in this weekend.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Just make sure you watch your injector duty %. <80% is ideal. You'll want to upgrade your pump too. I've got 42# Lucas injectors and I can see the motor still lean out (due to fuel pressure dropping) when the fuel solenoid kicks on. I've got a Racetronix I need to install... just haven't gotten to it yet.

-Eagle

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I was thinkin of cutting in an access plate for the pump so I don't have to drop the tank... Did you do this?

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

you could probably go 250 without problems. like eagle said, watch a few details and you'll be alright

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

So are you still running stock fuel rails and all lines also?
    Yes I would recommend also that you install a Walbro 255 pump. I'm not familiar with Zex's kits. Can you give me the part #?
    Is it a nozzle or plate design?

I don't like to spray over 175 with a nozzle in front of the throttle body. I see too much of a variance in distribution by egt's.

What cam is in the stroker?

Comp. Ratio?
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    So are you still running stock fuel rails and all lines also?
    Yes I would recommend also that you install a Walbro 255 pump. I'm not familiar with Zex's kits. Can you give me the part #?
    Is it a nozzle or plate design?

I don't like to spray over 175 with a nozzle in front of the throttle body. I see too much of a variance in distribution by egt's.

What cam is in the stroker?

Comp. Ratio?
    Stock rails and lines.
    Comp Cam 238/240 113LSA
    The Zex kit has the shark nossles.
    Part #82087

we have used stock rails and fuel lines with a hotwire kit and 255 to 250 shot and 9.8's

What Comp ratio and whats quench at?

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28 View Post
    we have used stock rails and fuel lines with a hotwire kit and 255 to 250 shot and 9.8's
    Damn, what else was done past the 250 shot to get into the 9's? Must have significant suspension & motor work?

-Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Damn, what else was done past the 250 shot to get into the 9's? Must have significant suspension & motor work?

-Eagle
    Spohn TA and non adjustable LCA's. it was a true budget car my cousin don't make much. it had some GTP stage 2's that were on my car 4 years ago and i got them used . vic jr with a 90MM NW TB. 150 wet shot, 100 dry, car was good weight around 3500 with a driver. Th400 , 12 bolt and mickey DR's

Pewter
    2002 WS6

So first stage was the wet and 2nd was dry? What kind of controller did you use?

Thats pretty incredible with those mods, no doubt.

-Eagle

We would switch them back and forth depending on traction but on that pass 150 first stage 100 2nd. we like the FJO progressive style but we normally stay away from progressors i just like the time,rpm etc delays in that controller. we have 1 on all 4 cars we run pretty regular. I have a feeling its the same as the new nos controller cause it looks identical even the conector and wire colors. LOL

Burgandy
    2002 Z28

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    I have forged internals (Diamond pistons, Callies Crankshaft etc.) and was wondering what shot I should start out w/...
    Probably gonna go w/ a Zex kit... I wasn't gonna retune my car for nitrous at first. Mods in Sig if it matters. Thanks!
    go with a cheap HSW 100whp dry kit.

the results speak for themselves:
    2002 A4 Z28: SLP LM exhaust and HSW 100whp dry shot.

NA: 323.4WHP@5360 RPMs, 344.2ft-lbs@4610 RPMs,
    N2O: 417.0WHP@5200 RPMs, 467.6ft-lbs@4210RPMs

NA: 13.351@107.48mph, N2O: 12.324@117.88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMHmdFywR0w

Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

I just wanted everyone here to know what kind of a person you are helping out here! Fellow F-Body member my ass!

Paid $50 for a programmer with no program and now you wont reply to me! BUYERS CHECK HIS ITRADER, THIS WASNT THE FIRST TIME HE RIPPED SOMEONE OFF!

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99WS6MAN View Post
    I just wanted everyone here to know what kind of a person you are helping out here! Fellow F-Body member my ass!

Paid $50 for a programmer with no program and now you wont reply to me! BUYERS CHECK HIS ITRADER, THIS WASNT THE FIRST TIME HE RIPPED SOMEONE OFF!
    ? wrong thread ?

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 99WS6MAN View Post

I think you've got the wrong thread buddy.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    150 would be very safe. I sprayed many bottles at 150 through stock ls1 with no problem. Have nx iceman solenoids with shark nozzle before tb and also have a wahlbro 255 pump with stock injectors and ran mid 11's no problem with a few bolt ons tires and gears. I would recommend pump at least though. Also fuel pressure cutoff and window switch are smart. I was running a full throttle switch without those but can be risky. Im gona go 200 on my new 6.0 iron block but with bigger injectors and a tune. Anything past 150 you will definately want to pull timing. Your supposed to pull about 2 degrees for every 100 hp depending on compression and fuel octane. With your forged setup once you are tuned with bigger pump and injectors you could handle a 250 shot or 200. But I'd start with 150 which is drastic in its self. The first time you lay down 150 you will just be smiling! Good luck

Thread Information