Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How big of a shot to get into the 12's?

This is a discussion on How big of a shot to get into the 12's? within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Well I Seem To Break Them When I Launch ---i Blew Apart My Last One Real Bad---it Was A Fully ...

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

Well I Seem To Break Them When I Launch ---i Blew Apart My Last One Real Bad---it Was A Fully Build 10 Bolt-----richmond 3;73 Gears-eaton Limited Slip-welded Axle Tubes-t/a Covor, New Bearings, Solid Spacer-the Whole Nine--but She Blew-so Now Im Running A Stock 342 Gear In A Stock Rear, And Its Already Clicking A Little Bit-

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I couldn't hook from a 30 mph roll on drag radials on a 125 hp shot with 4.11 in an A4. M6 would be much worse if the clutch will hold it.

Quote Originally Posted by breakparts View Post
    Well I Seem To Break Them When I Launch ---i Blew Apart My Last One Real Bad---it Was A Fully Build 10 Bolt-----richmond 3;73 Gears-eaton Limited Slip-welded Axle Tubes-t/a Covor, New Bearings, Solid Spacer-the Whole Nine--but She Blew-so Now Im Running A Stock 342 Gear In A Stock Rear, And Its Already Clicking A Little Bit-
    why don't u get 12 bolt that comes with a new gear 3.73 or of ur choice..
    it a good 2k+ investment but u know u can count on it... if u do 3.73 and stall it on 10bolt stock it will easily break at the track where u launch hard.
    my 2 cents.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by 02blkws6 View Post
    I couldn't hook from a 30 mph roll on drag radials on a 125 hp shot with 4.11 in an A4. M6 would be much worse if the clutch will hold it.
    There WAS SOMETHING WRONG THEN!!!!!!

How old were the radials.....?Also what pressure do you run........? The "dragradial" tires have come SOO far!!!! There is 7 second cars on dragradials.... Not to mention we have more than one A4 on 150 or MORE wanting to break rearends and axles they hook SOO hard......Doing 1.67 60's on 17's"

Even on all the bracket cars people are picking up a .10 or so by changing from a E.TStreet to E.T.DragRadial. If your running a 555 or BFG I could see it but if your running a "Good" tire.....Mickey,M&H,or Hoosier something else is causing it.

Let me know if you want to talk and see if wei can figure what isn't right....It should "DEAD HOOK" at 30mph.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    There WAS SOMETHING WRONG THEN!!!!!!

How old were the radials.....?Also what pressure do you run........? The "dragradial" tires have come SOO far!!!! There is 7 second cars on dragradials.... Not to mention we have more than one A4 on 150 or MORE wanting to break rearends and axles they hook SOO hard......Doing 1.67 60's on 17's"

Even on all the bracket cars people are picking up a .10 or so by changing from a E.TStreet to E.T.DragRadial. If your running a 555 or BFG I could see it but if your running a "Good" tire.....Mickey,M&H,or Hoosier something else is causing it.

Let me know if you want to talk and see if wei can figure what isn't right....It should "DEAD HOOK" at 30mph.

Newer E.T. Street drag radials, weren't heated and 30 mph with 4.11 = no hook on the street. I am on a stock suspension and tire size 275/40-17 so very little sidewall.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

And what kind of psi......30.........On a "chip & seal" road also.
    Well if your on sh_t_ road conditions my stock motor car will spin the tires!!!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    And what kind of psi......30.........On a "chip & seal" road also.
    Well if your on sh_t_ road conditions my stock motor car will spin the tires!!!
    It was on blacktop. Had the same results on concrete road.....

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

How stiff of spring are you running in the rear????
    Also what psi are you trying on the street....?
    If you lean on the corner of the quater and push down it won't move huh...?
    If so it's just way to stiff of a spring. we use stock old V-6 springs. Unless you've done major sus. work those springs will work better than the drag springs from anyone.

Black
    2000 z

I went 12.71 on street tires, lts cat back and a gear.

silver
    2002 Z28 6MT

I took my stock Z28 to the drags with TA Drags radials (borrowed). I had too much traction and power for the weak stock clutch.

I don't think I could hurt that rear end with that clutch.

It went 13.41 at 107 on stock 245 RS-A's.

I don't remember the ET's on drag radials because all I can remember is the awful feeling and smell of spinning the clutch in first THEN power shifting into second still smoking the &*$% clutch before I realized what was going on!!! DOH!

I have a ZEX dry kit to install in the spring. I'll need to upgrade to a ZO6 clutch before that.

I'm getting some good bottle placement ideas off of the forum. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information