Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

first time at the drags with nitrous!!! =/..

This is a discussion on first time at the drags with nitrous!!! =/.. within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i just picked up some nitto drag radials 555r's ill be putting them on tomorrow.. hopefully that does the trick. ...

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

i just picked up some nitto drag radials 555r's ill be putting them on tomorrow.. hopefully that does the trick. also im gonna go pick up some v-6 springs also. I dont spray right out of the hole. sense im a newbie im using a window switch starting at 3000-6000rpms. Just to get the hang of it. Hopefully it will hook.. Also i forgot to say this. The night i went out to the drags noone was getting traction. it was just test and tune night not that many ppl were out there.. alot of ppl ran then loaded up and left. my buddy brought his nova that runs 12.50's was only getting mid 13's.. So that might play a role in it a little bit. hopefully Next time im out with the new tires everything goes good.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Now we are getting back on one of MY soapbox's.

This is why I ALWAYS wire in a hand held button. As Mr.23 has stated about spinning and getting out of it. With a hand held button I can keep the suspension under a load with the motor still being WFO and I can pulse the kit with my thumb. As for the first gear lockout Eagle is right about that being un true. That initial out of the gate gain is where you see the most gain from the bottle period. So if you are not grabbing your unit out of the gate you are loosing much of the gain you could accomplish.

All it takes is a working combo. The tires are sooooo great now we have a car that does 1.28 60 ft's on a 275/60/15 drag radial foot braking it. Thats right NO transbrake just grabbing 250 shot from 1600 rpm. And yes that 3000 rpm minimum is BS for a safety blanket. Anyone of my cars I tuned myself I'll grab the nitrous from idle and have NO issue's.
    nice....wanna tune my lt1....maybe toss me an old wet kit....lol. that is sick though. a 1.28 without a transbrake. good god. that is crazy.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

My 26-10.50-16 ET Streets hook way better than my 275/40-17 ET Street Radials ever hooked.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by 02blkws6 View Post
    My 26-10.50-16 ET Streets hook way better than my 275/40-17 ET Street Radials ever hooked.
    Well yeah it has alot taller sidewall. Put a 15" ET Drag Radial on it and it will hook even better yet than that bias ply 16" you have now.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

[QUOTE=Danger731;1433119 No matter what he does if he hits a 100 shot in first he is gunna spin.[/QUOTE]

as stated, this is untrue. on my 11.97 run, it was a 150 shot with goodyear eagle 245/50-16 radial tires. my sig banner is the day i ran that time with regular tires.

White
    2001 Trans Am

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    i've been 11.97 @ 117 on street tires hooking just fine with a 150 shot and stock car. what it takes is good track prep and finesse of the throttle pedal. if you are spinning, then let out and get back in it. plain and simple. this is where people have their issues. when spinning, it's just a habit to stay in it with the thought they'll lose time if they let out. you waste more time spinning than letting out and getting back into it.
    if i'm running just the wo throttle switch , would it hurt to toggle the activation switch ? also the traction control always has to be off correct??

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

that's how i did it. i turned the system on, with the power switch, when i wanted it to come on. poor man's window switch. the WOT switch would shut it off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information