purple
    1994 camaro

Exclamation dry or wet nos kit?

whats the difference between a wet nitrous kit and a dry nitrous kit on a ls1 camaro?

Blue
    99 Z28 Camaro

dry kit is before your MAF and wet is after it... Dry is better for a stock motor and if your wanting a lot more hp then go with wet but no more than a 100 shot if motor is stock.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

why would you say dry is better for a stock motor? the only things better about a dry system are price, ease of installation, and being able to hide it. I would go with a wet kit no matter what sizeshot I use because if your fuel solenoid is working (which if you really want you can check periodically) then you really never have to worry about going lean.

with a dry kit you will install your nozzle in your air lid and the nitrous will pass through the MAF sensor and from there the MAF will add more fuel through your injectors to make up for the nitrous.

with a wet kit you will have 2 solenoids instead of one. One goes to your bottle and the other taps into the fuel rail. This system can be installed into your intake tube and has two lines (fuel and nitrous)going into the single nozzle and your injectors will not need to compensate for the nitrous.

purple
    1994 camaro

Talking

oh ok i gotcha i might as well go on ahead and get the wet kit then. cuz im in it to win it.....and what do they mean about 1st and 2nd stage nos?

Blue
    99 Z28 Camaro

with a dry kit... depending on the kit, "which mine came with a fuel pressure regulator in case my fuel pressure drops it will shut off the nitrous" it comes with two selonoids also... one for the bottle and one for the F.P.R. dry is just a safer way to go i think for a stock motor

purple
    1994 camaro

well i see what your saying im just going to talk to my machanic cuz hes the 1 that knows all my mods and what would be the safest and fastest way

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Let me put it in plain english...... The "dry" kit is only injecting Nitrous through a single port nozzel.

A "wet" kit is injecting both Nitrous and Fuel through a nozzel or plate.

The "dry" kit would be something I put on a rental car for the weekend. I would NEVER install one on my own.

The wet kit I can tune the A/R with the jets myself. Dry is relying on the computer to compensate for the liquid oxygen your injecting cause thats all nitrous is.
    Also with the wet I can tune it on the rich side cause I know my customer is going to have pump gas in his car and be blowing even if he tells me he won't.
    Thats my 2 cents take or leave it. But I've been playing with the bottle for 15 years now and NEVER had a dry kit on anything other than a rental.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Blue
    99 Z28 Camaro

well i've been messin with nitrous for about three years now so im sure u know more... its just my opinion.

This has been debated to death everyone has their preference. In response to LS2Tuner not sure why you are so against dry kits but they have been used with great success on a variety of different cars since the late 80's. Wets kits too have seen great success for a long time however I will say that after 6 of talking to people with many different kits on many different cars on an almost daily basis I have seen more issues with wet kits than dry kits when properly installed.

Red
    2002 Trans Am

The fear of having a fuel solenoid sticking all of a sudden for no reason was enough to convince me to go Dry. Sure you can check it often but its got moving parts, someday it could fail out of the blue and then you could be spraying nitrous into your motor with NO added fuel. That and backfires seem to be a non issue with dry kits where as the fuel puddling seems to happen a few times with the wet kits in the ls6 intakes making for a violent backfire should one happen.
    Last edited by dementia; 03-20-2007 at 10:50 AM.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by srsnow View Post
    This has been debated to death everyone has their preference. In response to LS2Tuner not sure why you are so against dry kits but they have been used with great success on a variety of different cars since the late 80's. Wets kits too have seen great success for a long time however I will say that after 6 of talking to people with many different kits on many different cars on an almost daily basis I have seen more issues with wet kits than dry kits when properly installed.
    If I'm taking the time to do a install I can't see not running another solenoid for the fuel. I'm just an avid tuner and can't see the benefit of running a dry unit.
    And for the response on the fuel solenoid sticking.....
    I've NEVER had it happen or seen it for myself. It's like anthting else the end product is only going to be as good as it was put together.
    80% of the cars I fix with the bottle have MAJOR wiring issues!!!
    If your that worried about solenoid issues I'de be MORE worried on the one that has 1000 lbs of pressure on it not the one that only has 7-60 lbs.
    Place a real filter in front of the solenoids if your pernoid also.

And I'm not trying to start ANY argument on this issue just stating what I've seen in the past 15 years.

Red
    2002 Trans Am

I'm not saying one is better than the other but I've done my fair share of research and based my decision off of what I've read. Sure you may not have come across a fuel solenoid failure but it has happened and not just to one person. As far as the nitrous solenoid failing, thats equally likely to happen on both kits.

Thread Information