Awaiting Activation BlackBeastLS1's Avatar

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Dry nitrous plate kit?

Im considering buying the HSW Dry nitrous plate kit system...this would be my first nitrous kit. Ive heard nothing but good things about this kit so is this a good starter kit? also i noticed that it shows that it comes 2 different setups the 78mm and 90mm so does this mean i am gonna have to upgrade my tb? I think i also need bigger injectors but could be wrong, car has cam, stall, exhaust and intake..somebody please guide me in the right direction to what all I need.

Jeremy

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

stock throttle body and intake is 78mm. without knowing what all you have done to the car, it's hard to say if you'll need bigger injectors and fuel pump running the dry set up.
    Last edited by mrr23; 04-09-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

White
    1998 Trans Am

My stock fuel pump would only handle a 100 shot, so I upgrade it. If I would do it again, I would pay someone to drop the tank for that upgrade... These tanks are nasty to work with...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

As a general rule of thumb, you should look to upgrade your fuel pump for a 100+ dry hit. I see that your car is a 2001, typically the stock injectors are good for up to a 125 shot without a need for an upgrade, however there are other factors that would also dictate whether or not you need to change them.

As for the HSW dry plate kit, there has been a LOT of positive feedback about this kit. It's interesting to see how more and more companies are working to develop their own dry plate kits. We can debate all day long about wet vs. dry and which kits are safer and easier to operate, however at the end of the day, many of us can agree that it's a great kit for someone simply looking to pick up an extra 100 HP with N20.

For my own $.02, I've done a lot of research on this over the past few months and am currently deciding between the Harris Speed Works dry plate kit and the NX plate kit that is scheduled to be released soon. I like the fact that it's pretty simple to make adjustments to the A/F ratio with the NX kit, however I haven't heard much about the scheduled release date, etc and I may just go with the HSW kit.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

if you use a wet kit, you won't need bigger injectors and fuel pump.

If you go wet, you could keep your same injectors, but more than likely you will need a pump.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    if you use a wet kit, you won't need bigger injectors and fuel pump.
    agree for injectors, but not pump, unless you get an independant fuel system.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    agree for injectors, but not pump, unless you get an independant fuel system.
    i've been 482 rwhp on the stock fuel pump and 26# injectors with the wife's car. been 475 on mine.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

when putting a 150shot w/ stock fuel pump, you're pretty much reaching the limits of the stock fuel pump.
    As for injectors, depends on the years... 99-00 are the smallest ones.

Thread Information