Difference in wet & dry?

This is a discussion on Difference in wet & dry? within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I've been looking over nitrous kits on HSW. They have a kit for 300 bucks, but its a single nozzle ...

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

Difference in wet & dry?

I've been looking over nitrous kits on HSW. They have a kit for 300 bucks, but its a single nozzle dry kit? Would this be an excellent add-on for the money? Would I need anything else other than the kit?

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

Also, is there a point in purging? Does it have some sort of purpose beyond being the shit?

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

Wet kits are safer..
    Wet kit sends a dual shot, one of nitrous, one of fuel to prevent a lean condition.
    A dry shot just shoots the nitrous and the computer makes up for the lean condtion by adding more fuel.
    I would personaly go with a wet kit, to include a window switch and different plugs.
    I went with ngk plugs, one step colder and gapped at .35, It was a HSW kit, worked great and i have no complaints.
    Purging does just that, it eliminates air that is trapped in the lines and ensures you have a Good shot of nitrous and not just fumes or air.
    Im actauly selling my kit in the FS section..
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    I've been looking over nitrous kits on HSW. They have a kit for 300 bucks, but its a single nozzle dry kit? Would this be an excellent add-on for the money? Would I need anything else other than the kit?
    Bang for the buck, nitrous is hard to beat. There is really nothing wrong with a dry system. The extra fuel is added via the maf sensor and distributed via the fuel injectors. As far as safety is concerned, there really isn't one advantage over the other.

Can I ask what other mods you have and what size shot you're looking to spray? At a certain point the fuel pump and injectors have a hard time keeping up. As for the accessories, colder plugs are 100% needed. There are a few accessories that I would however recommend to help kit your kit safe and consistent. If you take a look at our all-out kit, it comes with everything you could possibly need to keep it safe and consistent. If you have any questions about any one of the products please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks!

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    Also, is there a point in purging? Does it have some sort of purpose beyond being the shit?
    Yes, what a purge does is expel nitrous that has boiled off into a gaseous state. The closer you can get the liquid to the nitrous solenoid, the harder the hit. A purge system also allows you to regulate the bottle pressure. We recommend spraying the car around 950psi and if the bottle has more pressure than that, you need a way to bring the pressure down. It will also allow you to completely expel the nitrous out of the system after you close the bottle for the night/day. Besides all that, it really impresses the ladies.

Nick

99 Hugger Z28, 03 R6

Dont forget about the tune! Im no pro at nitrous and have little experience. I bought my car with a 100 dry shot and brought it to a club dyno day, the guy thought he heard rattling and said to stay off of it. I have a new tune session planned this spring for it.

I also was deciding on wet vs dry. Since I have several componets already, I wouldnt think it would take much to convert to wet. Just recently I talked to the guy thats going to do my tune and said a 75-150 dry shot is very tunable and may be more accurate a/f ratio than "tuning" wet shot jets. He advised to stay with dry and a solid tune for the 100 shot. More aggressive nitrous setups go with wet. So, Im staying with dry so I dont have to go spend more money for about the same end result.

Also, you might need larger injectors to keep up with the dry shot. Your tuner will let you know if your injectors are maxed out. To keep the costs low without much upgrades, go for a 50-75 shot on a mostly stock setup.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

[QUOTE=Nick@HSW;1778339]Bang for the buck, nitrous is hard to beat. There is really nothing wrong with a dry system. The extra fuel is added via the maf sensor and distributed via the fuel injectors. As far as safety is concerned, there really isn't one advantage over the other.

Can I ask what other mods you have and what size shot you're looking to spray? At a certain point the fuel pump and injectors have a hard time keeping up. As for the accessories, colder plugs are 100% needed. There are a few accessories that I would however recommend to help kit your kit safe and consistent. If you take a look at our all-out kit, it comes with everything you could possibly need to keep it safe and consistent. If you have any questions about any one of the products please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks!

I have a complete SLP CAI, SLP MAF, and thats it. I'm adding headers as soon as I get the chance to put them on. Its a 02 WS6, so I have the LS6 intake as well, if that makes a difference. A 125 shot would be nice, definitely no more than 150. I'd prefer to have the option to go with a lesser shot from time to time as well.

Thread Information