black
    04 cts v

CTS V 100 shot because I can

What's up guys? No real question here just a shout out about how stoked I am about 500 flywheel hp. I love the finesse of my V, which is why I am going the NOS route. I'll post some pics of my squeaky clean install and maybe even some track times. I got 9000 miles left on the warranty. "Damn the torpedoes, Full speed ahead!"

who's kit are you going with ?

black
    04 cts v

NOS wet kit. No real loyalty to NOS, just my buddy with the experience who runs GMV in Long Beach who will help with the install (I'll help him really) trusts them, and is used to their equipment.

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

NOS = company (ie brand)
    nitrous is the substance
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

black
    04 cts v

NOS systems, ie. blue bottle, blah, blah. That's out the door now as they just cost too damn much for what I fear is just the name you are paying for.

triple-black

have you purchased your system yet ? is it installed yet ?

black
    04 cts v

No I haven't purchased one yet. I have been busier than a three peckered billy goat lately.

triple-black

lol... welcome to the club... I now have no nitrous kit... but woundering for how long... 510+ rwhp NA aint enough.

black
    04 cts v

Got one from the nitrous outlet. Should be here in five days or so. Gonna be killer. Went plate progressive.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV View Post
    Got one from the nitrous outlet. Should be here in five days or so. Gonna be killer. Went plate progressive.
    Cool are you going to leave regular radials on that Caddy or are you putting some stickeys on it?
    If you put a good pair of drag radials on it you can blow 100 right out of the gate and ease into a 175 with NO problems as long as the A/F ratio is set proper.
    Anyways keep us posted!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

triple-black

Dave is great to deal with.
    you'll be happy.

black
    04 cts v

Not interested or scared of breaking the rear end so I'll stick with stock tires for now. The nitrous is mostly for street racing. Some day when I get time I will research the weak link of the cts rear and see if I can fix it. The plate system will be a chore to remove for warranty repair.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Good luck trying to blow 100 on a regular street tire!!
    Just by putting a pair of drag radials on the back your not going to break the rearend.
    You can keep them inflaited to 30psi also that will keep the sidewall stiff if your that worried about the rear.
    I just don't find pedalling due to blowing the tires off fun anymore. It was cool when I was 15-16 but not anymore.
    I'll be damned if I get spanked by a STI or any other import due to having NO traction.

I've been told my many that all the cv joints and axle shafts in your car are the same as mine in the Goat. The only difference they said was the arm lengths but the spline count and axle stubs were identical.
    If thats the case your good to 600+ at the tires. I'm doing 1.62-1.58 60' with mine all day with no issues. And that is on a 275/40/17 MickeyThompson DragRadial on stocks.
    Have you put bags in the springs to aid in getting rid of the wheel hop yet?

black
    04 cts v

Do I need a 100 shot to spank a stock sti? I didn't think I needed it. Do you have a gertrac (sp) rear or a dana rear? On the caddy forums there are guys on their third rear. Some even breaking due to hard shifting. I haven't tried to mod the suspension to make it hook, yet but I am listening. Still waiting on the kit.

triple-black

Not interested or scared of breaking the rear end so I'll stick with stock tires for now. The nitrous is mostly for street racing. Some day when I get time I will research the weak link of the cts rear and see if I can fix it. The plate system will be a chore to remove for warranty repair.
    There was a recall on the CTS-V concerning the rear-end wheel hoping... do you do that recall ?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

The mod is to eliminate the wheel hop which from what the tech I spoke with at Caddy said was killing ALL that he seen.
    They can look at the wheel speed sensors and see the wheel hop. He said everyone of the issues has been because some dumba_s was trying to drive through the wheel hop.
    And on the STI deal I don't know about where your at but out here good luck finding a stock STI. Most out here are going 12.0's to 11.50's.
    Anyways
    Good luck

black
    04 cts v

Ok, I am no where near an 11.50. I guess I have lots to learn. The kit is in and looks like a major project. Yes I do know you gotta lift when the wheels start hopping. I am mostly interested in 60 mph to 120, so I think the rear will probably hang at this point. Thanks for the input guys.

Thread Information