Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WHITE
    1998 CAMARO

Can my car handle the juice?

I got 75k on my car right now, its a 98 z28 with an engine thats in really good condition...but, by the time i get around to putting a nitrous system on my car it will probably have 85k and i dont know if that is too many miles. if it is, what should i do to the engine before i put on nitrous? and in case the engine can still handle it, what should i do anyway just to be safe rather than sorry?

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

ive got a 125 wet shot on a 2000 z28 with 87,xxx on it. So far ran three bottles through without a single problem. Make sure you get new plugs to go along with the nitrous. Most problems with nitrous are from spark plugs blowing out from the colder air. Or from what ive seen the entire head of the plug melting. Get NGK tr6's (one step colder)seems like everyone has had luck with them. Working great for me so far.
    2000 Z28 m6
    Current Mods-GMMG catback-UMI Diamond SFC's-Pacesetter LT's-ORY-HSW Wet Shot-Pro 5.0-Rebuilt Race Trans-Spec3+-Pacesetter LT's-FRA mod-TBBypass-Whisper Lid-

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

what he said. plus, do your routine maintenance. things like oils, filters, colder heat range plugs, and wires. make sure the fuel system is up to par.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

juiced00ss
    my 2000ss has almost 90k on it with a cam and a 125 wet shot with the stock bottom end and ive run probably 6 or more bottles through it without any problems.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

im sitting at 105,000 miles and have had both 150 shot and 100 shots on it since I got the setup at 95,000 and have had mo problems whatsoever.. FPSS is VERY important.. most important piece of equipment on your kit in my opinion

WHITE
    1998 CAMARO

what is fpss?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Fuel Pressure Safety Switch. if fuel pressure gets lower than what the switch is set for, it will unground the solenoids resulting in them shutting off. can save your motor from going over lean. one day, i'll put one on both of the cars.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    l am gonna get a bottle but not for my car.. l will get it and every night l will breath some!! l tasted when had my teeth fixed and l loved it.. l was telling the dentist that l needed to go to resdtroom.. l was goin washing my face and coming back and breathing gas again and l was getiing high.. that is the best feeling.. l will do 100 wet shot to myself
    (off topic, sorry)

Boosted Foolz

BlAcK
    1998 FiReBiRd FoRmUlA

^^ i dont think its the same stuff... is it?

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by 98_Formula
    ^^ i dont think its the same stuff... is it?
    oh!!! when l was completely new to cars and l asked what was nitrus and everyone told me the same thing that you get at dentist..

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

there are two forms of nitrous oxide. the dental version and the automotive version. the automotive version is called nytrousplus. just like the dental version with the addition of sulfur. that way people don't 'abuse' it wrongly. the sulfer will cause a tremendous headache. you'll you'll be laughing about how much your head hurts.

FUTURESTRADER
    You'd be better off getting a wideband A/F guage than a FPSS, IMHO.

FPSS's are more trouble than their worth, IMHO.

black
    1998 pontiac trans am

the gas is the same ,the bottles sold for the cars are lined with sulfer , if you fill a car bottle and huff it , you will get a headache,however if you get a regular tank not for cars , and you have a place that will fill it,you can huff it all you want . i used to sell the stuf at concerts !

Silver
    1998 camaro z28

I had a friend who was into Nos. He bought a bottle for that purpose and was pretty upset when he found that it tasted aweful. He was trying to get around it the best he could, so I suggested that he fill the ballon up with water a bit before putting in the nitrous. when it was full shake it and let the water collect the sulfer, basically same thing as acid rain. He swore it worked, but it was a lot of trouble...

black
    99 Z28

Totally off subject and stupid! The gases ARE different! I believe the web forum you need is www.loserdrugee.com

bluegreen
    1996 camaro

talking about nos. i've got a 3.8 liter v-6 100k on it with a 100shot wet . my question is if the bottle is close to being empty will nos not hit with as much power and what i mean is still on the first bottle but when i hit the button i get little or nothing that i can feel i have used it a lot but the system still purges

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by madman101 View Post
    talking about nos. i've got a 3.8 liter v-6 100k on it with a 100shot wet . my question is if the bottle is close to being empty will nos not hit with as much power and what i mean is still on the first bottle but when i hit the button i get little or nothing that i can feel i have used it a lot but the system still purges
    Wtf?? I'll try to answer. The more your bottle is used the lower the PSI in the bottle gets. Unless you have a bottle heater of course. OK, so the more you use your N2O obviously the less there is in the bottle. Eventually The pressure in the bottle and the amount of N2O in the bottle will be low enough so that it will no longer properly flow out of the bottle. At this point with a dry shot you will only get a weaker hit. However with a Wet shot like you have, Low bottle pressure can result in running too rich
    (too much fuel) when this happens your car tends to "bog" down. This bogging was my problem because my TB plate (Extremely shitty slotcar plate from ebay) was not allowing enough time for the N2O to atomize before being distributed between the cylinders. Oh, and you can still purge because even when there is .05 pounds of N2O in the bottle there will be enough pressure to push some through your lines and out the purge.
    Last edited by WinSomeLoseNone; 06-26-2006 at 10:26 PM.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

I suggest changing your oil pump. 98's are famous for their oil pumps going out. A good tune, and maybe changing your fuel pump also.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by mad3125 View Post
    the gas is the same ,the bottles sold for the cars are lined with sulfer , if you fill a car bottle and huff it , you will get a headache,however if you get a regular tank not for cars , and you have a place that will fill it,you can huff it all you want . i used to sell the stuf at concerts !
    That is completely false. The gas for auto use is Nytrous++. It is Nitrous Oxide with no more than 100ppm Sulfur Dioxide added to it.

SOME places might fill yours with "medical grade" which has no sulfur additive (illegal like whoa).... But I completely assure you that the bottles are NOT lined with a magic sulfur layer that dissolves little by little into the gas.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by mad3125 View Post

and who told you this? your supplier?

Thread Information