Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottle Location

DKzar

Bottle Location

I want to install a nos system but really don't know where to mount the bottle. I frequently have my seat folded down and stuff the cargo area to the max. Other times I have a passenger in the rear, so mounting on the rear floor is out.

Any suggestions? How about a smaller bottle tucked under where the spare tire mounts?

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

That is a good spot but I would recommend an electric bottle opener if that is the case. No quick access any other way.

Black
    97 Firebird

Check the link in my sig, I mounted my bottle there, great spot.
    1997 Firebird 3.8L
    A4,WS6 Ram Air Hood, Edelbrock Catback, SLP CAI, 85 Dry Shot
    1981 Firebird Trans Am
    http://members.cardomain.com/dreaded_hope

camaro_ss_97_
    i mounted mine under my speaker box in the back where the t-tops go. or you can mount it where your spare tire goes if you can do without that.

Here's mine

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Awesome! That's exactly how I want mine!!! I believe they are on top of the gas tank, right? You didn't have any problems putting it there? Also can you see good out of your back window?

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

try this, here's mine.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4565148756 thanks jeremy

n2ophx
    Where I Mounted my bottle is where the t-top storage place was. I Took out the two plastic Holders of the tops and mounted my 15 lbs bottle horizontal. Tuck away

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

The only problem I have with that location is that I won't have anywhere to neatly tuck away the t-tops. I'd rather have them on top of the gas tank and sitting in the hatch. The only problem with that is that they won't be hidden and take away the sleeper effect.

I've got some pretty dark tint on my hatch though. To make them a little harder to spot if someone is looking I could paint the tanks black and they'ed never knowwwwwwww.

n2ophx
    True True. The only reason I mounted my bottle in that location was because I rarely ever take of my t-tops and if I do, I usually just leave them at home. I get the sleeper affect with the bottle location and the location of my arming switch.

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

Just a little note to add to what everyone is doing here-I believe it is supposed to have the outlet tilted up so the gas will come out and not liquid.I'm no expert at this.One other idea that I've seen is to put it inbetween the two back seats,tilted up and facing forward.this gives easy access to the knob-is out of the way of the back seats(maybe a little cozy with them) and doesnt throw out the spare or t-tops.Just an idea.

1966 Corvette Coupe

i thought it was tilted... so that the sypon wold pull liquid not gas... and saying this... it is also beneficial to mount the bottle with the bottom toward the back so momentum pushes the liquid where you want it... not away from where you are pulling it...

When i get a car.... and i get ready for nos... i was actually thinking of linking 4 2.5 pound bottles so that they act as a 10 pound, but mount flatter... have to really look around... hoping i can devise a way to mount them in the spare tire hole... and still keep my spare...

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

That's a good idea too. Would you have enough nitrouse that way?

1966 Corvette Coupe

well it depends... if you link them all into one valve... then you wont know the difference between them and a 10 pound bottle... if you had them linked some how where one would open after another got low you would notice pressure spikes...

my plan was to run a piping system that simply piped the outlets from the 4 tanks into a single outlet hose that ran to the front of the car... the only thing im not sure of is i wanted electric opening valves whether i can find a vlave that will control after the 4 come together or if i will have to get electric valves for all 4 bottles...

you could always build a system of tanks under your passenger seat... and make it where your seat flipped up so you could turn it all on... (F & F reference for those who didnt catch that...

as a side note... when you start looking at small nitrous bottles they make syphoned... and syphonless tanks... syphonesless tanks are designed to be mounted with the outlet pointing down... soooooo you dont have to worry about tilts or angles... gravity makes the nitrous go right where you want it to... this makes it possible to mount nos bottles pretty much straight up and down...

a warning to you... i have no personal experience with nitrous... nor have i ever had a chance to REALLY examine useable space in an f body... i was just passing on some thoughts i have had in pre planning for my upcomming pruchase... verify things i tell you with an experienced user b4 seriously considering any of my sugestions...

hope ive helped and keep me updated on what you learn.. it can only help me out later

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    well it depends... if you link them all into one valve... then you wont know the difference between them and a 10 pound bottle... if you had them linked some how where one would open after another got low you would notice pressure spikes...

my plan was to run a piping system that simply piped the outlets from the 4 tanks into a single outlet hose that ran to the front of the car... the only thing im not sure of is i wanted electric opening valves whether i can find a vlave that will control after the 4 come together or if i will have to get electric valves for all 4 bottles...

you could always build a system of tanks under your passenger seat... and make it where your seat flipped up so you could turn it all on... (F & F reference for those who didnt catch that...

as a side note... when you start looking at small nitrous bottles they make syphoned... and syphonless tanks... syphonesless tanks are designed to be mounted with the outlet pointing down... soooooo you dont have to worry about tilts or angles... gravity makes the nitrous go right where you want it to... this makes it possible to mount nos bottles pretty much straight up and down...

a warning to you... i have no personal experience with nitrous... nor have i ever had a chance to REALLY examine useable space in an f body... i was just passing on some thoughts i have had in pre planning for my upcomming pruchase... verify things i tell you with an experienced user b4 seriously considering any of my sugestions...

hope ive helped and keep me updated on what you learn.. it can only help me out later
    Manually open all the bottles and then use a solenoid on the line. Trying to hide little bottles on a 'F' body you could hollow top of back seat and use that.
    It's covered w/ a zipper accessible covering.Run the lines under carpet and go to a 'Money-maker hidden system. (Plumbed under the intake)

quicky06
    Quote Originally Posted by 227HAWK
    Manually open all the bottles and then use a solenoid on the line. Trying to hide little bottles on a 'F' body you could hollow top of back seat and use that.
    It's covered w/ a zipper accessible covering.Run the lines under carpet and go to a 'Money-maker hidden system. (Plumbed under the intake)

yea ive said that idea on here b4 the back of the back seat is thick enough

Pewter
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I just found a nice plate from 860 Performance that mounts it in you spare tire well. Nitrous Dave has it on his website. Think I'm going to pick one up B-)

02nhra
    I like the spare tire well. A 15# bottle fits but probly not with a remote opener.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

sure does, and it will work look at my set up.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4565148756. there are some video's to, thanks jeremy

BLACK / SUNSET MET.
    02 NHRA TRANSAM / 01 SS

found this on a car on ebay
    looks good to me

heres the rest of the car
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRMIN...QQcmdZViewItem

Thread Information