Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

Bottle heater stats

Anyone remember the company where you could get the higher temp thermostats for the NOS heater? I believe they were 98* stats.

I did the purchase about a year and 1/2 ago but can't remember. My heater is not working properly, ie: is shutting off before getting up to temp and I believe this is the problem.

bought an extra set but can't find the damn things

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

don't remember the name... but it's the same name of company that does the one in the system... if you have the system, look @ the thermostat. instead of being 30, it's the 35, if memory is correct... I remember that the #s are 'C, and know it's 5'C more than the one in the system already... but can't remember the exact #s.
    There was a user called Sep1234 that came up with the idea and ordered a few roughly 3 years ago... I also think you need to get at least 10 thermostats, if not more.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Bright Red
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Here I am. The thermostats are 95 F. Actually, the thermostats are rated in Celsius. The NOS thermostats are 30 C. I ordered 35 C. I bought them through Pepi. I would like to provide you a link, but I cannot posts links until I have at least 10 posts. The minimum order is $100, which equates to about 20 thermostats (10 pairs). It is more than frustrating that all of my posts are gone, that I had to create my user name all over again, and that I "wasted" all the time that I invested into my earlier posts. Not to get off subject, but one way that you can buy those thermostats is to buy my 2001 WS6 with the nitrous kit that I installed. I have my post in the For Sale section. I cannot post a link here, because I do not yet have 10 posts.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

Thanks fellas. I dug through the garage and found my backup pair. As you guys are the consumate pros, a question. The reason I was trying to find these is that my heater is not working right. It will come on and the heater will get quite hot and then shut off (maybe 2 minutes). Am I most likely right in thinking the stats are causing this? I have the stats under the heater strap, not under the heater itself.

Thanks again.

camaro_ss_97_
    i just bought a nitrous set up and did not get a bottle heater. do i really need one?? or can i run it without it. i am new to nitrous so any help would be great. thanks

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

I am in Central Florida and at first did not have a bottle heater. I could never really get the PSI up where I wanted it (~950 - 1000 psi), so I put on the heater with the higher stats and it made a world of difference.

Where are you in TN? I have property outside of Dunlap up on Keagle mountain. Am trying to get a job at UTC (or another college) and relocate up there. Had enough of the hurricanes down here!

camaro_ss_97_
    cool thanks for the advise i live close to lynchburg,tn i am like 1hr to chatt.

Sonoma GT w/416 L92/T56 HotRodV6's Avatar

Black
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT

Bottle Heaters will increase your consistancy.
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492 of 806 built.
    Under Full Resto w/433 E85 L92/4L80E.

1992 GMC Typhoon #1104 of 2200 built.
    Broken Crankshaft. New Engine Soon.

2000 Olds Bravada
    Bagged 2wd Frame Swap
    L31 swap Planned
    Daily Driver

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

It should be required.....it is the only way outside of a propane torch to get the pressure where you need it....900-1000 lbs is what you must have...

Galen
    I am just curious about the purpose of the thermostat on the bottle heater. I could care less how hot the bottle is, I just want my pressure around 1100psi...and that will be at different temperatures depending on the amount of N2O left in the bottle. I do have a pressure regulator on my bottle that cycles the heater according to pressure on my system.

Galen

Thread Information