Blue
    2001 Z28

Anyone Running Zex

I just ordered the zex high output ls kit adjustable from 100 to 250 hp, the racers tuning kit and a booster fuel pump i plan on intalling the kit with the 100 hp nozzles anyone run this kit yet and any sugestions.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

i have the same kit
    it was really simple to install and a clean setup
    i love the electronics built into it
    the wide open throttle switch is way better i think, you just hook up a wire instead of mounting a switch and wiring it
    the system is really safe and it hits hard
    you will need to get a male by female 4an to 4an adapter to hook into the fuel rail,go ahead and get one with an 1/8 tee for your pressure gauge or 2 if you want to be able to hook up a fuel pressure gauge or fuel pressure safety switch
    i would suggest getting the fuel pressure safety switch and window switch with rpm switches or comparable setup

i would also recommend getting a bottle warmer

i have heard some talk smack about the zex solenoids but i havent had any problems out of it and i love it
    the system did exactly what it said it would do and more ,and i didnt have to change shit as far as tuning goes to run as much as a 150 shot

i dont suggest you do that without making sure its ok,i dont want anyone to hurt there stuff because i said it was ok

i ran a 100 shot for a while before i got it checked though and as long as your on your stock tune you should be fine,but get all your safety shit hooked up for good measure
    i would suggest ordering those fittings now or youll be waiting on them to finish up
    good luck and enjoy man,the only bad thing is your gonna always want to spray after you do it the first time,ive gotten used to my 150 hit already and want more

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by polarischevy05 View Post
    I just ordered the zex high output ls kit adjustable from 100 to 250 hp, the racers tuning kit and a booster fuel pump i plan on intalling the kit with the 100 hp nozzles anyone run this kit yet and any sugestions.
    For good measure, get a Nitrous Controller. It'll be way worth it, especially if you plan to build your bottom end and spray copious amounts later on down the road. It will also allow you to retard/advance timing which is an excellent safety measure. It's a must on any/and all nitrous cars I run.

black
    1998 firebird

where would one get said controler

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by shaolink9 View Post
    where would one get said controler
    There are several different options. NOS, Jacobs Electronics, Dyno Tune, Schnitz Racing, Nitrous Express, Edelbrock, Nitrous Outlet, FJO Racing...all offer nitrous controllers. I use the NOS Progressive controller which works flawlessly, and have had no issues with it so far, unlike my last controller from Jacobs.

Blue
    2001 Z28

thanks for the info the racers tuning kit comes with a bottle warmer so i should be good with that where did you out your nozzle in the lid or just in front of the maf i was at the track last week and saw some guys were putting there nozzles in the lid

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by polarischevy05 View Post
    thanks for the info the racers tuning kit comes with a bottle warmer so i should be good with that where did you out your nozzle in the lid or just in front of the maf i was at the track last week and saw some guys were putting there nozzles in the lid
    the nozzle should not be in the lid for a wet kit
    wet kit =throttlebody
    dry kit=maf
    make sure you put your nozzle behind the maf=where the nitrous does not go through the maf
    i mounted mine in the smooth bellow

just to explain a little better on a wet kit the fuel is already added so you dont go through the maf
    on a dry kit it is only nitrous so you spray it through the maf so that the maf can add the fuel for you

Thread Information