Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Any body know the jets to a 75 shot nx shark

This is a discussion on Any body know the jets to a 75 shot nx shark within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i installed a cam in my 99 ta 224/224 545/545 in/ex 114lsa and wanted to start of small any help ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    218

    White
    99Trans am

    Any body know the jets to a 75 shot nx shark

    i installed a cam in my 99 ta 224/224 545/545 in/ex 114lsa and wanted to start of small any help will be appriciated.

  2. #2
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    98-2000 should be 41 nitrous jet and 22 on the fuel side with fuel pressure between 55-60psi.

    If you have any timing added I would run a 23 fuel jet. I also recommend running a AutoLite AR94 plug and NOT the NGK's.


    AutoLite on the left NGK on the right.............
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    218

    White
    99Trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    98-2000 should be 41 nitrous jet and 22 on the fuel side with fuel pressure between 55-60psi.

    If you have any timing added I would run a 23 fuel jet. I also recommend running a AutoLite AR94 plug and NOT the NGK's.

    Click for full size
    AutoLite on the left NGK on the right.............
    lol good one

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glen Burnie MD
    Age
    37
    Posts
    37
    If you don't have the car tuned don't use ar autolites. the metal used is great but had a higher melting point than your motor. get the tune right on ngk's then get the autolites.......I read a post on tech the other day that said a guy said he was melting ngk's what autolite plug should he use.LOL tune it right!!!

  5. #5
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28 View Post
    If you don't have the car tuned don't use ar autolites. the metal used is great but had a higher melting point than your motor. get the tune right on ngk's then get the autolites.......I read a post on tech the other day that said a guy said he was melting ngk's what autolite plug should he use.LOL tune it right!!!
    Sorry but the correct tune with a hot NGK isn't going to be the same tune with a race plug such as the AR AutoLite. Two complete different plugs The AR's design actually lowers combustion chamber temps. That is why most can add timing when going to real race plug from the Autozone NGK.

    So your aluminum head has a higher melting point than the steel plug.........

    And tuning it with one plugs heat range then swapping to a colder race style plug isn't tuning it "right".

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glen Burnie MD
    Age
    37
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Sorry but the correct tune with a hot NGK isn't going to be the same tune with a race plug such as the AR AutoLite. Two complete different plugs The AR's design actually lowers combustion chamber temps. That is why most can add timing when going to real race plug from the Autozone NGK.

    So your aluminum head has a higher melting point than the steel plug.........

    And tuning it with one plugs heat range then swapping to a colder race style plug isn't tuning it "right".
    Sorry again but i thought we were talking the correct heat range. WIth the correct range in the car the auto light will melt way higher than the NGK. And you will melt a piston before a rich tune auto light. DO some more reading .....

    http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26




    BTW you should always use the correct heat range . basing an argument on compairing a ngk tr6to an ar in the 9 range would be retarded!

  7. #7
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28 View Post
    Sorry again but i thought we were talking the correct heat range. WIth the correct range in the car the auto light will melt way higher than the NGK. And you will melt a piston before a rich tune auto light. DO some more reading .....

    http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26




    BTW you should always use the correct heat range . basing an argument on compairing a ngk tr6to an ar in the 9 range would be retarded!
    Well if you can find a AR Autolite that is as hot as the TR6 plugs everyone suggests let me know. Because the AR94 which is the hottest they offer (in that thread & reach) is still a colder plug then the TR6. No reading needed.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    218

    White
    99Trans am

    well i tuned it with 75shot and know i am runnig a 125shot my tune is on the money my ? is will the autulite last longer and better performance or just safer?

  9. #9
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by 99w69kitt View Post
    well i tuned it with 75shot and know i am runnig a 125shot my tune is on the money my ? is will the autulite last longer and better performance or just safer?
    Better peformance and safer.

    Get a set of AR94's and gap @ .038 and you'll be fine.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    218

    White
    99Trans am

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Better peformance and safer.

    Get a set of AR94's and gap @ .038 and you'll be fine.
    thank you will do this weekend

  11. #11
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    No problem. You can usually get your local Napa to get them. They should not be more than $3.15ea. Don't forget to put a dab of anti-seize on the threads. It only takes a tiny bit.
    Also you will need a regular set of feeler gauges to set the gap on the plugs. They have a cut back ground electrode so you need to put the feeler gauge at a 45* angle to set it.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glen Burnie MD
    Age
    37
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Better peformance and safer.

    Get a set of AR94's and gap @ .038 and you'll be fine.

    ITs not safer at all. if the tune is off your going to melt the piston.

    IF you want a good safe plug that will drive good on the motor and also will melt or sho signs of heat before the pistons look at the iridiums. I ran the ik and it 's 31's and 33's to cold for most stuff but they have other stuff.

  13. #13
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28 View Post
    ITs not safer at all. if the tune is off your going to melt the piston.

    IF you want a good safe plug that will drive good on the motor and also will melt or sho signs of heat before the pistons look at the iridiums. I ran the ik and it 's 31's and 33's to cold for most stuff but they have other stuff.
    LOL

    Ever

  14. #14
    Just another Joe Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NW Chitown
    Posts
    757

    Pewter
    2002 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28 View Post
    ITs not safer at all. if the tune is off your going to melt the piston.

    IF you want a good safe plug that will drive good on the motor and also will melt or sho signs of heat before the pistons look at the iridiums. I ran the ik and it 's 31's and 33's to cold for most stuff but they have other stuff.
    Mmmk dude. If your tune is so fawked that you can melt the pistons, your plugs wont save your motor either way.

    Tuning issues and spark plug selection are two COMPLETELY different subjects. I ran TR6s before, then went to AR94s and I can confirm that I'm able to run 2-3* more timing as a result without KR...

    Just my $.02

    -Eagle
    | '02 WS6 M6 | KOOKS/ORY | LC-1 | LOU'S SS | UMI SFCs | BMN LCAs & RELOC's | Hotchkis STB | HSW 150 shot | Lid | 42# Lucas | HPTuner Pro |

  15. #15
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    subscribing as we have an 8 second guy (shiznity) talking about plugs.

  16. #16
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Mmmk dude. If your tune is so fawked that you can melt the pistons, your plugs wont save your motor either way.

    Tuning issues and spark plug selection are two COMPLETELY different subjects. I ran TR6s before, then went to AR94s and I can confirm that I'm able to run 2-3* more timing as a result without KR...

    Just my $.02

    -Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    subscribing as we have an 8 second guy (shiznity) talking about plugs.
    Good thing we use the plugs to tune our cars!

    Is it 1994 or 2008?

    Anyways for those that have been reading all this stuff posted about how your motors are going to blow or should I say "melt down" due to running AutoLite race plugs weather they are AR94's or AR93's is non sense.

    I run them in EVERY LS powered car I work on even if I didn't do the install of the kit. I ran the AR93 plugs in my GTO and it ran just fine on the motor for over a year. Even the factory coils on our cars are very healthy on power so fouling plugs is NO issue.

    And I will also tell you 90% of my cars blow 150 or more and as I have stated MANY times I haven't melted shit. If you are nipping plugs which is slang term for melting the ground electrode you are way lean. Yes AutoLites will have a higher melting point....... Look at the freaking pictures I posted. It is way thicker metal and it has a nickle plating on it for the extreme cylinder pressure's it's designed for.

    I hope this clears up some of the confusion for those that have been reading some shit.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glen Burnie MD
    Age
    37
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Mmmk dude. If your tune is so fawked that you can melt the pistons, your plugs wont save your motor either way.

    Tuning issues and spark plug selection are two COMPLETELY different subjects. I ran TR6s before, then went to AR94s and I can confirm that I'm able to run 2-3* more timing as a result without KR...

    Just my $.02

    -Eagle

    No . again i guess youv never had a 350 shot on with pump gas. youd be surpirsed how little off the tune has to be to melt stuff. LOL

    If your using KR for your tune youre retarded. you will hurt somethign well before knock retard can "save you" .LOL


    We are talking plugs in the same heat range. OF corse if your choises are tr-6 and a AR 91 and you have a big shot then yas the 91 is better .but if your talking AR 91 and ngk 10 than you should probably start with a 10 and once the tune is on go to the AR and adjust from there.

    But hey what the F do i know....

    You got an 8 second ls1? on 94 octain? @ 3650 lbs?

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glen Burnie MD
    Age
    37
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Good thing we use the plugs to tune our cars!

    Is it 1994 or 2008?

    Anyways for those that have been reading all this stuff posted about how your motors are going to blow or should I say "melt down" due to running AutoLite race plugs weather they are AR94's or AR93's is non sense.

    I run them in EVERY LS powered car I work on even if I didn't do the install of the kit. I ran the AR93 plugs in my GTO and it ran just fine on the motor for over a year. Even the factory coils on our cars are very healthy on power so fouling plugs is NO issue.

    And I will also tell you 90% of my cars blow 150 or more and as I have stated MANY times I haven't melted shit. If you are nipping plugs which is slang term for melting the ground electrode you are way lean. Yes AutoLites will have a higher melting point....... Look at the freaking pictures I posted. It is way thicker metal and it has a nickle plating on it for the extreme cylinder pressure's it's designed for.

    I hope this clears up some of the confusion for those that have been reading some shit.
    CLOWN SHOES for the last time im not talking about 200 shot cars here. you probably will not melt a car on a 150 shot you will wear out the rings from being to rich....

    But i figured id let guys know the auto light is a better plug and metal but if your looking at a 300+ shot my sugestion is start on an ngk incase your not Jeff PROC and miss on the tune for a pass or 2!!!

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Glen Burnie MD
    Age
    37
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Good thing we use the plugs to tune our cars!

    Is it 1994 or 2008?

    Anyways for those that have been reading all this stuff posted about how your motors are going to blow or should I say "melt down" due to running AutoLite race plugs weather they are AR94's or AR93's is non sense.

    I run them in EVERY LS powered car I work on even if I didn't do the install of the kit. I ran the AR93 plugs in my GTO and it ran just fine on the motor for over a year. Even the factory coils on our cars are very healthy on power so fouling plugs is NO issue.

    And I will also tell you 90% of my cars blow 150 or more and as I have stated MANY times I haven't melted shit. If you are nipping plugs which is slang term for melting the ground electrode you are way lean. Yes AutoLites will have a higher melting point....... Look at the freaking pictures I posted. It is way thicker metal and it has a nickle plating on it for the extreme cylinder pressure's it's designed for.

    I hope this clears up some of the confusion for those that have been reading some shit.
    JESUS!!!! do you not know you can melt plugs being rich???

    HAHAHAHAHA now i get it you don't know sh1t. keep thinking rich is safe!

  20. #20
    Just another Joe Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NW Chitown
    Posts
    757

    Pewter
    2002 WS6

    OP'er asked about plugs for a 75 shot, not 350. I was giving advise based on that.

    No, I don't only tune based on KR... several other things come into play (as you must well know) such as injector duty, wideband data (yes I have one...), fuel pressure, etc etc...

    I don't have the balls for 350HP N2O, let alone the funds to support such a habit. I'm on a stock block, running a 150 shot as safe as I know how.

    In your experience, can the ground strap act as a "fuse" of sorts for preventing damage? I'm guessing if the ground strap were to melt mid run, that cylinder is going to fatten up as it won't be getting sufficient spark to get a good burn... so I'm thinking that might be safer?

    I guess I was just concerned when I read stuff like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
    ITs not safer at all. if the tune is off your going to melt the piston.
    When all we're talking about is plug selection for a guy running a 125HP shot... pretty misleading IMO... because AGAIN, do you really think that the ground strap melting off is going to prevent you from melting a piston?

    Thx for your 411... always looking for new info.

    -Eagle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: maco shark
    By moesplace in forum Convertible
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 04:22 PM
  2. Question: Maco Shark
    By moesplace in forum Corvette
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 06:15 PM
  3. A Big Shark
    By clovenhooves in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
  4. T/A shark attack!!
    By tatertot91 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 06:33 AM
  5. Question: does any body know the jets to use for a 125 shot
    By 99w69kitt in forum Nitrous
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 12:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •