Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

6speed or auto with nitrous?

Okay im looking into gettin a Transam ws6. I have a wet nitrous Express kit thats been sitting in my room close to a year. Im looking to spray 100-150shot and do the basic mods so i can run it spark plugs fuel pump. my question is Which one is easier and safer to run on. a auto or 6speed. and if i did go with a 6speed is it a must to upgrade the clutch and flywheel. this will be my first time to run nitrous.. guide me in the right directions

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Look for a 2002 f-body if ur going the M6 route. My T56 and clutch have held up fine to the 150 shot, netting me a 1.768 sec 60' time late last summer with little more done than the spray.

As for the auto vs m6 convo, it all depends on ur driving. Most will tell you ur better off in an auto. Its true for things like saving your drive train the abuse that a M6 lays down...

-Eagle

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Depends on how good of driver you are!!! They are many that think they can shift and have NO clue!!
    It is easier I'll tell you to do an auto.
    You can go mid 11's on stock convertor and manifolds in a A4 which is also easier on the rearend.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I run a 100 shot with an M6 no issues at all. I dont run a 150 cause its my daily driver.

Pewter
    2002 WS6

Run the 150, you'll love it. LOL

DD or not, 150 is no issue for these cars as long as your tune is on.

-Eagle

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

can you use a window switch for a m6? also you said go with a 2002 if i am going to go with a m6? Just curious why.

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

also where can i get a tune at? i kno a place in town that will dyno tune the car and will program it with their programer and you have different setting for normal driving the a setting for nitrous and so on. the dyno and programmer for like $700 the programmer comes with it at that price. any better deals out there?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Where the hell are you at????

Until you post that no one can help you find a good tuner.

150 is what we consider a baby shot.........

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

sorry i live in tulsa oklahoma. what all will i need for a 150shot? fuel pump spark plugs what else.

Bright Rally Red
    01 Camaro SS M6

Depends on what you plan on using the car for.... if you are going to be a track rat then go with the A4, if you like to race from a dig then get the M6. To give you an example of how easy it is to make a M6 go pretty fast.... I run a baby cam 224/224, 3.90 gears in the 10bolt, 150 flywheel shot dry = 127-128mph trap speeds in the 1/4 mile on stock sized Nitto DR's easing out of the hole to a lazy 1.91 60'
    F14, FLP LT's, Hooker-Catback, Ram Dual Street, 42# injectors, Granatelli 255lph intank, N20, 3.90's, Eibach Pro's

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

its going to be my daily driver. ill take it out to the drags sometimes tho. only mods im really wanting are to run a 150shot exhaust and maybe gears. with getting a m6 everyone has kind of scared me saying if i miss a gear im screwed while running nitrous. also can a stock clutch handle the 150shot? also do you need a window switch for a m6? i bought one when i bought my nitrous kit.

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by krug07 View Post
    its going to be my daily driver. ill take it out to the drags sometimes tho. only mods im really wanting are to run a 150shot exhaust and maybe gears. with getting a m6 everyone has kind of scared me saying if i miss a gear im screwed while running nitrous. also can a stock clutch handle the 150shot? also do you need a window switch for a m6? i bought one when i bought my nitrous kit.
    yes you can get a window switch. and yes the clutch can hold up to it. and that would not be a good thing missing a gear while squirting.

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

and yes, your gonna need to get different plugs and what not also.

Bright Rally Red
    01 Camaro SS M6

With a M6 a window switch is a must, so you have started out in the right direction. As far as the stock clutch holding up to a 150 shot, I personally doubt it! It could live with a 100shot for a good while. Upgrade, when the time comes, to a RAM Powergrip with 300series disk, it will take it easily and retain great street manners and want break the bank! I ran that clutch with great results and got many miles out of it using the stock flywheel. I just recently stepped up to the RAM Dual Street. Run some NGK TR6 plugs, you can get those at just about any autoparts store. If you can spring for a Wideband A/F setup get it! That way you can keep an eye on that LS1. If you take care of it, it will last. I have been spraying mine for about 4yrs, and it is my daily driver. Don't be afraid of the N20, be afraid of your tune.

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

where is the best place to purchase a RAM Powergrip with a 300series disk? i did purchase a pod and all the gauges needed so i can make sure everything is running right. i also got a purge kit bottle heater and more. also how much does the ram powergrip with the 300series disk cost? so i can keep the stock flywheel and run a 150shot? i also need to a fuel pump. whats the estimate cost of getting a tune. like i said above only one i found in tulsa oklahoma area was 700

also i was going to say. i use to have a Stock 2000 ws6 m6. the stock clutch went out and i ended up getting a centerforce clutch and kept the stock flywheel. well the clutch ended up going out again. it was really soon after i got it installed also.. i have a feeling that it wasn't installed correctly. it lasted about 4-5 months.
    Last edited by krug07; 03-06-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Bright Rally Red
    01 Camaro SS M6

ThunderRacing carries RAM, they have the PowerGrip listed just under 500. I used the 300series organic material on both sides of the disk. And yes you can use the stock flywheel. The bottle heater is a must and the purge is a very good addition, good pick ups. As far as the cost of a tune, 500-600 is the going cost around me. I don't have any experience with the Centerforce clutchs, either the clutch was defective or the install didn't go right...like you said.

Another clutch option would be the LS7 clutch package, I think you can get for less than 400 shipped and it comes with a new flywheel. It would hold the power you are looking to run.....now if you start through in a cam on putting on heads ontop of the N20 i don't know if it would hold up.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Do all the bolt ons....get a good exhaust..and a nice cam you wont need to do more than a 150 shot. I have the ZEX kit and it works great.

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

redmetal, where can i find the ls7 package with the flywheel for under $400 i have been looking around but havent found it yet for that price

Bright Rally Red
    01 Camaro SS M6

krug i just e-mailed you a link to it.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Depends on how good of driver you are!!! They are many that think they can shift and have NO clue!!
    It is easier I'll tell you to do an auto.
    You can go mid 11's on stock convertor and manifolds in a A4 which is also easier on the rearend.

i can attest to that. been 11.97 @ 117 completely stock in my black car and a 150 shot.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information