Results 1 to 15 of 15

Is 425 a good price for this NOS kit?

This is a discussion on Is 425 a good price for this NOS kit? within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; NOS-05168NOS Type that into summit since links are not a sponsor. BTW I have no idea what I am doing, ...

  1. #1
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Is 425 a good price for this NOS kit?

    NOS-05168NOS

    Type that into summit since links are not a sponsor.

    BTW I have no idea what I am doing, i just thought it was a good price, I might pick it up for now, then install it after I know more.

  2. #2
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Please offer some advice, is this wet plate kit something you would buy?

  3. #3
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Yes it is a wet LS1 plate system. Never used one personally due to the fact I don't care for NOS's stuff that much. Is it new?
    That kit is 100-150hp
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

  4. #4
    12 SECOND CLUB FASTEDDIE Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brick N.J.
    Posts
    51

    White
    1998 Z28 12.53@107.8

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    NOS-05168NOS

    Type that into summit since links are not a sponsor.

    BTW I have no idea what I am doing, i just thought it was a good price, I might pick it up for now, then install it after I know more.
    Im not a big fan of NOS either . But if its new and complete $425 seems like a deal since its $700 new in summit. Typically ,wet plate kits cost @ $500 - 600 bucks.

  5. #5
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Yes it is a wet LS1 plate system. Never used one personally due to the fact I don't care for NOS's stuff that much. Is it new?
    That kit is 100-150hp
    Quote Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE Z View Post
    Im not a big fan of NOS either . But if its new and complete $425 seems like a deal since its $700 new in summit. Typically ,wet plate kits cost @ $500 - 600 bucks.
    Yes, I don't ever intend going 150, let alone more.

    Shall I pass?

    Why don't you guys like NOS kits. I don't like it just because of the name

  6. #6
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Yes, I don't ever intend going 150, let alone more.

    Shall I pass?

    Why don't you guys like NOS kits. I don't like it just because of the name
    Outdated product! Most of there stuff is the same from the late 80's early 90's.
    Oh that's right they went to a 64 hole spray bar. . . . . . . .

    You NEVER answered the ? is it used or new?

  7. #7
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Outdated product! Most of there stuff is the same from the late 80's early 90's.
    Oh that's right they went to a 64 hole spray bar. . . . . . . .

    You NEVER answered the ? is it used or new?
    Used...he doesn't say much about it...

    Pass?

    http://starcityracing.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=31604
    Last edited by allbaugh_04; 05-11-2010 at 10:17 PM.

  8. #8
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Used...he doesn't say much about it...

    Pass?

    http://starcityracing.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=31604
    It looks decent. The splice connectors on the solenoid wiring I WOULD NEVER USE. Send him your ash tray so you can get the switch also. Looks like he has been a member on that thread since 2005 so I don't think he would BS on the kit.
    Offer him $400 and see if he takes it.
    Times are rough right now NO ONE is buying shit on Ebay either.

  9. #9
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    It looks decent. The splice connectors on the solenoid wiring I WOULD NEVER USE. Send him your ash tray so you can get the switch also. Looks like he has been a member on that thread since 2005 so I don't think he would BS on the kit.
    Offer him $400 and see if he takes it.
    Times are rough right now NO ONE is buying shit on Ebay either.
    That guy is a bit older..probably in his 40s and a good guy from what I can tell.

    I've met him since it's a local forum and says he has another buyer and I told him I have to wait to tell him until today (wednesday).

    A job is supposed to call me today, and I'd rather know I have it, before I start buying parts.

    I usually buy the best parts for the car, so is this a decent buy, but not the best kit? Other kits come with safety switches and such or just better quality parts?

  10. #10
    Nitrous Tuner LS2Tuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WestCoast AZ-CALI
    Posts
    4,763

    Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    That guy is a bit older..probably in his 40s and a good guy from what I can tell.

    I've met him since it's a local forum and says he has another buyer and I told him I have to wait to tell him until today (wednesday).

    A job is supposed to call me today, and I'd rather know I have it, before I start buying parts.

    I usually buy the best parts for the car, so is this a decent buy, but not the best kit? Other kits come with safety switches and such or just better quality parts?
    Yes I would say it is Not the best kit. And I really don't care for NOS solenoids. The best part of this kit is that it comes with a 15lb bottle instead of a 10lb.


  11. #11
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Go with ZEX

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Schuyler, NE
    Posts
    805
    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Go with ZEX
    And you still ain't gonna be able to hang with me Timmy.

  13. #13
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    pshhh i aint getting this kit anyway nicky

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Glen Carbon, IL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    397

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Nitrous Express > Zex, NOS

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    erasd
    Posts
    2

    er
    asdasd

    I think price is good.
    _________
    cheap phentermine
    buy cheap ativan
    Last edited by Jarichonas; 06-02-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Good price?
    By The Machinist in forum General Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2013, 06:09 PM
  2. good price?
    By DMIKEY in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 01:03 PM
  3. Is this a good price for this 99 ss?
    By importssuck in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 03:10 PM
  4. Is this a good price for 99 TA
    By CTip99TA in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 08:29 PM
  5. Good Price?
    By Parrothead497 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 08:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •