Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

25 shot

This is a discussion on 25 shot within the Nitrous forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; i love people with such definitive statements....

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

i love people with such definitive statements.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

how safe/how difficult/how much money would a nitrus system be in my car??? maybe a 100 shot to make sure i keep all terminators at bay ....being a built motor i would imagine it could handle it a lot better than a stocker?? correct?

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

let's out it this way, my all stock motor in the black car has been subjected to 200 rwhp shots recently. with 150 since i bought the car.

so, yes a 100 shot will be fine. may need to look into having the timing backed down a couple degrees, depending on how agressive the tune is. i've run 28* on the 150 with no issues.

cost - www.harrisspeedworks.com has great prices.

difficulty - the wiring is the only difficult part.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Jesus, never seen anything that dramatic! What dry kit were you using? Some of the companies still rate flywheel gains, though that still leaves a solid 20 HP... Did you switch kits entirely, i.e. different solenoids, or did you just use a conversion kit and add a fuel solenoid?
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

it was a test i did. dry nozzle in the lid and wet nozzle in the bellows. all i did was move the jet and nitrous line from the dry nozzle to the wet nozzle and made the run. the thread about it is on this forum. i attributed the large difference to the dry nozzle not being in a good enough location for the MAF to read. that is the biggest problem with a dry kit going through the MAF. making sure the nozzle is in a good spot.

my point was to show that a wet kit under 150 isn't a waste as the other poster suggested.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Lol. the other poster was me; While it could be other differences, such as solenoid choices, I'd agree with you that it is probably a result of spraying the lid. My dry Nozzle is running though the bellow between the FIPK and MAF, so while the statement may be inaccurate, I'm pretty sure that there would be nothing to gain by switching to a wet kit (At least in my application). I also thought the idea of spraying the lid was a little strange, especially the Nitro Dave's lid ring (granted it looks cool). Just seems like the gas is going to condense onto the filter and lid.

But to back myself, I have to point out that you knew you would probably spray more than 150 when you installed yours, right?

so wet kit is better, but does it kill the lifetime of the stock eninge faster?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

so i was thinking about installing a 50 shot on my 2000 v6 camaro are there any suggestion on which one to buy, and where would i buy it, could the v6 handle more i heard that it can handle up to 75 shot easliy stock. thanks.

chris

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

o and should it be dry or wet (i dont know much about nos)

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by ProwlerZ View Post
    But to back myself, I have to point out that you knew you would probably spray more than 150 when you installed yours, right?
    if you are asking me, i've been spraying since the early 90s. when i got the black car, i removed the nitrous kit off my 86TA and put it right on the black car. it was already set for 150. so, this car has had nothing less than 150.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 00camaro16 View Post
    so i was thinking about installing a 50 shot on my 2000 v6 camaro are there any suggestion on which one to buy, and where would i buy it, could the v6 handle more i heard that it can handle up to 75 shot easliy stock. thanks.

chris

on the 3800 v6, the MAF is integrated with the TB. so, going dry is what you'll need to do. 75 is a good place to start. have you checked the v6 boards to see what some of the guys have been doing?
    Last edited by mrr23; 02-08-2007 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00camaro16 View Post

chris
    http://www.nitrousforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150

Thatís a link to a short write up I did on a 2000 V6 camaro I helped get dialed in for the 01-07 issue of Camaro Performers magazine. The car had been a long term test vehicle and they wrapped the story up with a nitrous install. The kit was a dry kit but not through the MAF like on the LS1's it was using a pressure bump like on the LT1's and other return style fuel systems. If you can find the 01-07 issue of the magazine it has a decent write up on the install and some unofficial track results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information