Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

1st time on juice

We finished up my nitrous kit last night and took it out for some test runs. I put in the 125 jets, and had about 5lbs of nitrous (the place were I took my bottle ran out). It felt really good, but a few times and definatly the first time I thought it didnt feel very smooth. The first run it kinda felt like it was coming on and off, like pulsing or something. It felt more smooth and like it consistantly pulled the whole time on the last two runs though. But I wasnt sure about the first two. But maybe it was just because it was my first time with nitrous so I was trying to control my orgasm and drive at the same time. Ha ha! And I dont have a purge yet either, but planning on getting one.
    2001 Z28 M6
    SLP Loudmouth 1 catback, functional ram air hood, Pro 5.0 shifter, free mods, HSW wet nitrous kit

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

I've heard that NOS is death to a motor if it isn't done right. Like to try it though. I'm sure it's a rush.

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by zachj03 View Post
    We finished up my nitrous kit last night and took it out for some test runs. I put in the 125 jets, and had about 5lbs of nitrous (the place were I took my bottle ran out). It felt really good, but a few times and definatly the first time I thought it didnt feel very smooth. The first run it kinda felt like it was coming on and off, like pulsing or something. It felt more smooth and like it consistantly pulled the whole time on the last two runs though. But I wasnt sure about the first two. But maybe it was just because it was my first time with nitrous so I was trying to control my orgasm and drive at the same time. Ha ha! And I dont have a purge yet either, but planning on getting one.
    what bottle pressure are you running? just curious

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

i was thinking the same...nitrous is safe as long as its done right

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

The bottle pressure was about 1200 psi, and we followed the directions, but I added a Zex tps switch so it was a little different. Should I maybe get it on a dyno and see how it reads? And it may have been fine, and I just didnt know what to expect.

Black on Black
    03 C5 coupe

I know what you mean mine does the same thing through second gear. 1st gear is just silly fast and smooth but mid way second I feel an inconsistency. I see no knock on the laptop so I didn't question it. I do have a purge btw.

If it feels like its pulsing, double check all of your electrical connections and verify TPS is set correctly.

Matt

Also 5 pounds is not the way to start, especially w a 125 shot. Get the bottle filled right. I wouldn't have done this.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Trans Am owner
    former

fill the bottle, and you know what man, 1200 psi is a hell of alot on I dont know what size solenoids you got.....

my buddies race car was a little upset with 1100 psi. usually 900-1000, then wrap em in a blanket, and you are good to go.

I dunno, all I know is 1200 is pretty dam high.....and shite dude, you need a refill a.s.a.p.

Trans Am owner
    former

oops double post
    Last edited by LT1 > LS1; 07-28-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: oops, please delete

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

it almost seems like the PSI is too high for the soleniods to open up..i had that problem with my HSW ones when the bottle pressure got that high..i had to close the bottle and loosen up the line to let some of the pressure out..after that they would open up fine

Trans Am owner
    former

yup, dude, drop your bottle pressue for sure. I wouldnt go more than 1050 psi.

do you have a blanket, or bottle warmer? what do you use to heat your bottles?

Black 99 Z71
    Red 01 Z28 M6

I dont have a bottle warmer or blanket, its when it gets really hot out that the pressure goes up. Is there anything you can use to cool the bottle? I put a blue blanket over it now to try to keep the sun from hitting it. And when the pressure is higher than like twelve hundred is it bad for the silenoids?

Trans Am owner
    former

yeah, I dont think your little street solenoids like that much pressure.

its rare for me to see a bottle too hot. whe I go racing, I am the bottle guy, and we sit them in the sun till they are 900 psi, then they level off, the put them infront of the generator exhaust to heat them up.

the HUGE solenoids on my friends car didnt like 1100 psi. and they are shootin atleast 350- 400 hp worth of nitrous on the big stage.

what bottle do you have? where is it mounted? also, before you take an accurate pressure reading from the gauge, tip the bottle upside down, and hold it like that for a few seconds. then flip it right side up to see the guage. its more accurate that way

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

put the bottle in a freezer for a few minutes...seriously...and also when you go to get it filled (assuming its a 10lb bottle) you can put the bottle in the freezer the night before and then take it to get it filled and they MIGHT can squeez 12lb in it. but to cool it off or to do what you are doing you are just going to have to release some bottle pressure

i would recommend getting a bottle heater..Harris Speed Works sells them for $50 i think..and yes as nitrorustler41 said...1050 psi is going to be the sweet spot

navy blue metallic
    2000 z28 camaro

Im Going With A 100 Dry Shot.......wish Me Luck
    4.10 RICHMOND GEARS,LAKEWOOD LCA'S,EATON POSI,EDELBROCK TORQUE ARM,
    LAKEWOOD PANHARD BAR,SLP LID,,B&M RIPPER SHIFTER,EDELBROCK STRUT TOWER BRACE,SLP FAN CONTROL,SLP LINE LOCK,17 INCH ZR1S WITH 315 35S AND 275 40S,SLP Y-PIPE,TSP 224/224 112LSA CAM,COMP SPRINGS,TUNED BY FROST @ LSXTUNE.COM

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by LS16SPD View Post
    Im Going With A 100 Dry Shot.......wish Me Luck
    woah.....make sure you have a wideband air/fuel ratio gauge, and when you are sprayin, keep a real close eye on it. if you go lean, disarm immedeatly........or else.........your headin for a meltdown

Thread Information