Part 1 - 10 Second ZL1 We take the ZL1 and put through its paces with a little baseline testing.As ...
  • Ad

• Part 1 - 10 Second ZL1

Part 1 - 10 Second ZL1

We take the ZL1 and put through its paces with a little baseline testing.As a builder of the esteemed HTR series of fifth-generation Camaro SS's with an upcoming ZL1-based series, Redline Motorsports was eager to be on the forefront of testing the 2012 Camaro ZL1. Owner Howard Tanner was lucky enough to purchase one of the first automatic ZL1s, with a handful of modifications already stock-piled in anticipation at Redline's new Pompano Beach, Florida location. A mere 3-hours' drive from GMHTP headquarters, we were on stand-bye waiting for Howard to take delivery and head to Palm Beach International Raceway for a private test session on April 18th. While a sunny 90-degrees with 1,740-feet of DA wasn't exactly ideal, it was definitely a great test for the sophisticated E67 computer and the ZL1's upgraded intercooler system. Prior to the test session, Redline fabricated and dyno tested a cold air intake before returning back to stock as well as installed a 160-degree thermostat, removed the washer tank (for the intake fabrication), and installed a line lock for easier burnouts. All else was as delivered from GM including the tire pressure.

Photo Gallery: Part 1 - 10 Second ZL1 - GM High-Tech Performance Magazine

Photo Gallery: Part 1 - 10 Second ZL1 - GM High-Tech Performance Magazine

Part 1 - 10 Second ZL1 | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Part 1 - 10 Second ZL1 started by Ed Blown Vert View original post
  • Recent Forum Posts

RACZ287293

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been meaning to get on this for years (i'm 64). Got a '99 ls1 z currently for sale on craigslist houston- gonna retire soon! Bless ya'll- take care!

RACZ287293 Today, 08:10 AM Go to last post
    98TransAmWs-6

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

Do you have a picture or something? Do you think it will get pretty much all of the gas out that way? There are no tractor supply places near here. I'll

98TransAmWs-6 Today, 07:16 AM Go to last post
    carbon fiber

Thanks for the welcome! I'm planning 3 styles also, for different tastes. I've sent a message about vendor info, looking forward to being involved here.

carbon fiber Today, 07:12 AM Go to last post
    pajeff02

Gauge issues. Probably a dumb question, BUT....

Welcome to the site!

pajeff02 Today, 07:00 AM Go to last post
    Joseph_98

what is this... lol please help

Well we narrowed it down to the drivers side head ... now just have to play the impossible game of can I remove this without pulling the dam motor

Joseph_98 Today, 06:50 AM Go to last post
  • Sponsors