General Motors is set to auction off the very first C7 Corvette for charity at the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction, ...
  • Ad

• First C7 Corvette to be auctioned for charity

General Motors is set to auction off the very first C7 Corvette for charity at the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction, on January 19. GM has a long history of using historically significant models to raise funds for worthy causes, and the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray should fetch a heady price for the College for Creative Studies. Look for the car to go under the gavel with no reserve.

We first heard about GM using Barrett-Jackson to sell the debut C7 last month, when the auction house published its list of lots for the January event. At the time, Lot No. 3016 offered few details beyond the fact that the vehicle up for bid was a "piece of Chevy history." We'd say that's about accurate.

Whoever wins the car can look forward to a 6.2-liter V8 with 450 horsepower on hand as well as a seven-speed manual transmission with rev-matching downshifts. A spate of new tech, an all-new frame, extensive cooling and a vastly improved interior are all part of the package. Head over to Barrett-Jackson for more information.First C7 Corvette to be auctioned for charity originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:45:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    This article was originally published in forum thread: First C7 Corvette to be auctioned for charity started by Ed Blown Vert View original post
  • Recent Forum Posts

Thedub

Puzzled by engine vibration

Good evening guys,
    As I sit in the driver seat of my car, I throttle the gas and there is a decent vibration during the RPM rev. I though maybe

Thedub Yesterday, 08:01 PM Go to last post
    Whamhammer

What mod next.

How about Subframe Connectors and suspension arms?

Whamhammer Yesterday, 04:20 PM Go to last post
    TransAm28

Is this some type of catch can?

Have you opened it to see if it has a diaphram or spring in it?

TransAm28 Yesterday, 03:21 PM Go to last post
    Cjsmithws6

What mod next.

Kyb struts eibach springs

Cjsmithws6 Yesterday, 02:02 PM Go to last post
    konigandy6

C6 corvette extension housing difference

I'll check it out Monday when I get back. See if the parts catalog shows a difference.

konigandy6 Yesterday, 12:47 PM Go to last post
  • Sponsors