General Motors struck back at the mighty Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 with the similarly brawny Camaro ZL1, and now it ...
  • Ad

• Chevy Camaro to get Boss 302-rivaling 1LE trim for 2013

General Motors struck back at the mighty Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 with the similarly brawny Camaro ZL1, and now it looks like GM has taken aim at the Mustang Boss 302 as well.

According to posts on the Camaro5.com forums, a dealer reference guide has revealed buyers will be able to opt for a new performance track package for the 2013 Camaro. The 1LE pack includes a number of aerodynamic tweaks, including an aggressive front splitter and unique rear spoiler, both painted in smoke gray. Red Brembo brake calipers, a hood wrapped in matte black vinyl and 20-inch wheels shod in Goodyear Eagle Supercar tires are all part of the party. Those big rollers are actually borrowed from the ZL1.

Larger sway bars front and rear as well as stronger axle half shafts help the vehicle withstand track abuse. A Tremec six-speed manual gearbox with a higher 3.91 final drive and a liquid cooling system is also standard. Finally, the report says the Camaro 1LE will feature an optional dual-mode exhaust similar to what's found on the Chevrolet Corvette.

Will the hardware be enough to help the Camaro fend off the road-race ready Boss 302? Given the sublime driving experience the tweaked Mustang offers its buyers and the heady 444 horsepower on hand, it seems unlikely. That doesn't mean we'd be averse to putting the two head to head on a track, however.Chevy Camaro to get Boss 302-rivaling 1LE trim for 2013 originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Chevy Camaro to get Boss 302-rivaling 1LE trim for 2013 started by Ed Blown Vert View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      rob102000 -
      When i get home im getting one!!!!
      2002ssslp -
      Nice, a road racer camaro 1LE. Too cool. but the big questions are when and how much ? Hey, you can't take your money with you when you die. May as well enjoy it while you living.
      2002ssslp -
      I want one !
      Quiccws6ix -
      Wow that
      is so what's up
  • Recent Forum Posts

konigandy6

06 gto

That Mustang gives 0 fucks about his air dam... lmao

Welcome to the site! Beautiful car

konigandy6 Today, 01:56 PM Go to last post
    35th-ANV-SS

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

My car hasn't been started since June. Maybe I should just sell it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

35th-ANV-SS Today, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    kingls1

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

Thanks for reminding me mine has been to bed for several weeks and I forgot the battery tender pretty sure my battery is on its way out anyway. My Dad

kingls1 Today, 08:34 AM Go to last post
    pajeff02

5.3 LS Swap Problem

Update: Just saw that you are from Saginaw -- my parents are both from Bay City. Spent lots of time as a kid up in that area.

pajeff02 Today, 03:42 AM Go to last post
    pajeff02

5.3 LS Swap Problem

Upon entering open loop the engine is looking to the sensors for feedback to control fueling. Most likely culprit is a vacuum leak, but here are two

pajeff02 Today, 03:41 AM Go to last post
  • Sponsors