BAMF

Black
    2002 WS6

white turn signals illegal?

I'm pretty sure they are but wanted to make sure. My right turn signal went out on my t/a so I got a replacement but there was a crack in the housing I didn't see so it went out a week later in the rain. I just got a new replacement set again but forgot to get the amber coated ones and I ended up with a white turn signal so I changed out both. It looks good but I can't leave it like this can I? thanks
    -Chris
    Last edited by jimmypop13; 08-03-2005 at 08:31 AM.
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
    Zaino Black, A4
    Mods:
    TR230 cam, lid, FLP Headers, dual cut-outs, GMMG chambered exhaust, BG Ram Air mod, PT4400, TransGo, tranny cooler, tuned by MTI
    For Looks: Slotted & drilled rotors, 5" tach, embroidered headrests

DisCrete
    Depending on the state... It should be ok.

I heard most states requirements are anything but red, blue, and green. At least that's the way it is in my state Michigan. Some states neons are illegal too. In michigan.. it's not illegal to have but illegal to drive with.

Yellows are ok... even strobing yellows... etc... but anything blue, red, or green is illegal.

Hope this helps.

-DisCrete

I Think, Therefore Z-28 Corvettekid82's Avatar

Triple Black
    2001 Z-28 Vert

Its illegal here in FL. They do make a white bulb that lights up amber. They're a bit more costly, but are legal to run. If you dont want your DRLs on, then just disable them and you'll have clear corners that only light up amber when your turn signals are on.

BAMF

Black
    2002 WS6

the only way i know to make them only work when the turn signal is on is to slightly pull up the e-brake. I can't find any amber sylvanias, just the clears. They do have the silverstars but those are like $20 compared to $4. I did find an offbrand of ambers but they lit up so dark, not bright at all like the originals, so i'm not using those

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Illegal here in GA as well, not likely they will pull you over but if they do, there no way out

Prophecy
    do the clear hosuings and amber bulbs. Liek corvettekid said..... grab the silverstar bulbs... They look blue but light up amber and the cops will leave ya alone.

I believe they are illegal in california, but I just added an amber bulb and pray for the best

Texas el es Juan Member keno2095's Avatar

Artic White
    2000 SS Camaro M6

asked a cop here in Austin Tx and he said mine were cool.
    Last edited by keno2095; 09-18-2006 at 08:37 AM.

two tone
    2003 harley davidson f150

both my trans ams have had white bulbs in the turn signals and the side markers. i'm from GA never got as much as a warning.. though it is illegal. my clear taillights were legal though since they still had the red reflector at the bottom and red bulbs in them.

badblue.... if you ever see v2.0 riding around let me know i'm gonna try to keep track of her whereever she may go =)

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Corvettekid82 View Post
    Its illegal here in FL. They do make a white bulb that lights up amber. They're a bit more costly, but are legal to run. If you dont want your DRLs on, then just disable them and you'll have clear corners that only light up amber when your turn signals are on.
    I know I am a couple of years late here, but for "newer" members like myself looking to put different signal lamps on the car. it is important to know what you can and can't do. Each state will be different, so my comment is regarding FL.

If I am reading this correctly a signal lamp in FL can emit white or amber.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=Ch0316/SEC234.HTM&Title=->2009->Ch0316->Section%20234#0316.234

funny though, a stop lamp can emit red or amber, odd. I have seen a couple of cars driving around with there amber lamps wired to the brake, so you get red and amber on breaking, silly i say.

Black
    2002 Z28

i lvie in virginia and everything is illegal here....but uhhh PICS

Gray
    2011 Altima 3.5

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Corvettekid82 View Post

They're "legal" as long as it is not on the tail lights. Before I did any changes I spoke with police officers. They told me white or yellow on front headlights are OK as long as they don't strobe or bright enough to cause a distraction, They're NOT ok on the tail lights. Must be either Red, or Yellow. I have white LED bulbs on my front turn signals, I never have an issue. But then again I also have amber turn signals on the side mirrors.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

There are 3057 bulbs for our cars that run white but blink amber? Intriguing...

Gray
    2011 Altima 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    There are 3057 bulbs for our cars that run white but blink amber? Intriguing...
    Yup, there sure are. vleds.com has them but they're expensive... $50 a pair and you need the capacitors for them as well $30 or else you'll get a rapid light bulb out flash. The lights will work, just not with a normal blink.

Gray
    2011 Altima 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by F-my-body View Post
    i lvie in virginia and everything is illegal here....but uhhh PICS
    Not only that but you also get a ticket for anything, I hate that state, glad I don't live there and hate it when I have to go there. yet it's a state for Lovers. Just like it's state troopers, it's an ass backwards state.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by DisCrete View Post
    Depending on the state... It should be ok.

I heard most states requirements are anything but red, blue, and green. At least that's the way it is in my state Michigan. Some states neons are illegal too. In michigan.. it's not illegal to have but illegal to drive with.

Yellows are ok... even strobing yellows... etc... but anything blue, red, or green is illegal.

Hope this helps.

-DisCrete
    how can you be descreet?"

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

08-03-2005, 12:19 PM

Black
    2000 Trans Am

I know this is an old thread but there isn't one answer to cover everyone. I know for a fact that white turn signals and parking lights are legal in NC and in FL. You have to look at each states General Statutes and look in the proper section.

Thread Information