Ran into a GT today...

NOT IMPRESSED :-/

I was cruisin on my way to work today when I got behind some rich schmuck in a Ford GT, red with white stripes.... LOOKS pretty cool, but I was far from impressed when we started to go at it. Mind you we never went above 110ish and we werent side but side but in follow the leader formation on single lane twisty roads, I wasnt more then 20 feet from his bumper the entire time, and he was haulin ass... everytime he stomped it he pulled abit but I quickly match and felt like I was overtaking him too... keep in mind the usual follow the leader delay there is, I was behind him in the road so I had to wait for him to step on it and go before I could react and do the same, giving him a second or to head start into the rpm's.

Given my car is the same weight, and 200 horses short handed... I really was not impressed by this car. He wasnt going easy either, and we werent in traffic... what gives, do they make an entry level car? Cause I wouldnt spend $150,000 on a retro FORD no less that can barely pull on my decade old bolt on's Trans Am.

My conclusions are 1 of 2... Its a Ford and its sh*t, or he doesnt know how to keep a car in the power band and was running 3k below his rediculous 6xxx rpm 500hp mark to my 4k cruise jsut shy of launch point.... and is a sh*t Ford. bwaha. Defintly didnt feel like I was behind a 11.2 stock car, more like I was behind an older Corvette.

*sigh*

PS F*ckin thing sounded like a lawn mower... I couldnt even hear it when I was on the gas, so much for a modern day muscle car with attitude... I've heard Lexus that were louder.
    Last edited by grandkodiak; 08-06-2005 at 03:42 AM.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

What kinda car do you have? Mods?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

huh, thats interesting

Black
    99 SS

there is one in a show room down by my house, it has been ther for 1 year now, and only has 2MILES on it

ford's suggested retail value is $150,000 but they have a sticker of over $350,000 on it but for some reason they will not lower the cost of the car even though they can not sell it. i asked to take it on a test drive and they wanted 15% of the cars worth to take it out and drive the stupid thing..

Holy hell thats rediculous... sure the car is sweet looking and it can do 200mph, but what a waste... I'd take an NSX over that puppy... lol, talk about a waste of money!

All my car info is in my signature, But I'm trying to figure out why the hell its not appearing? Anyone help me out there? I can't even see other peoples sig's, but in my options menu it says "display signatures, pictures" etc.

http://68.38.5.182/Transam.htm

My car above.... nothing too special yet, especially nothing I would expect to keep pace to a "supercar" thats for damn sure. I have alot of saving up to do to get all my big mods done, I have all the parts, but I've yet to find a garage around here that charges less then $95 an hour Jersey sucks. I'd take it to SLP, they are only a half hour from me, but they shut down thier garage for good.

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Well its capable of 200mph,but do to a few catastrophic suspension failures "Ferd" has recomended that owners take it easy until the fix comes through.

BTW they have had a few engine fires and a few engine failures.

Next year they start shipping to Canada. BFD who wants the overpriced POS.
    2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS A6
    1999 TA A4 NBM
    12.265 at 110.52mph

NBM
    1999 TA A4

BTW nice almost Kill

Oh I would have nailed the bastard if we went side by side >

You have to figure, he's driving around what my house cost, I can replace my car for $7000 now a days... I'm bettin he'd slow down first

DisCrete
    Well... everyone knows what ford stands for I'm sure... wondering if anyone has heard this perspective on what it means....

Driver Returns On Foot.

FYI #1 towed trucks on the road... Chrystler Dodge Ram, Followed closely by (F)ound (O)n (R)oad (D)ead F150's. Ask any tow truck driver what percentage of GM/Chevy pickups are tow'd by them. If u don't want to take my word for it

I've done a few follow the leader races in my impala ss... mostly against Z28's, Tranny's, and Firebirds. I know and everyone else knows those cars are faster than my car. But, tell ya what... Either some people don't know how to drive them or are scared to get on them like I do with my impala. The only car I over took clearly.. was the firebird, again I'm assuming he wasn't trying.. or was scared to push it that high. Honestly There's only 2 cars on the road I hesitate racing against... Cobras and Vettes. I figure.. I'd save myself the embarassment lol.

I've also raced A4's A6's S500's or it was the S600. Beat both A4 and A6 on high way 60-120+, I also raced that S500 or S600 don't remember which but it was the one with the V12. In follow the leader that S600 did not over take me.. I figured he was prolly scared... because I let off the gas at 135mph, and he still wasn't gaining on me.. but he was doing well over 100mph. I woulda guessed 120 give or take.

I've raced Honda civics.. which look tweaked... but all I could vouche for was after market exhaust.. and I smoked them, in follow the leader. At the same token I've raced an otherwise stock Chevy Cavalier, stick, with after market exhaust which ate me up out of the hole... his rear bumper was at my driver side door... before I over took him. The coolest thing from that experience was... I lit em up through all of first gear and only managed to get up to 30mph ROFL... in which case I shifted into 2nd... The automatic trans dropped it back into first I guess I had enough traction took off again which is when I over took him then shifted into 2nd and I was ahead of him.

My friend told me.. he looked in his rear view mirror at the intersection where we lined up and said all he saw was a puffy white cloud which made all the cars behind us disappear. I lit em up a good 40-50 feet b4 I got enough traction to finally get some speed going.

Just wanted to share my few memorable moments

-DisCrete
    Last edited by DisCrete; 08-07-2005 at 01:08 AM.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I have to agree about the GTs. I do not understand why Ford even came out with them . I thought for sure they would race them in ALMS against the Corvette , but not in anything. Seems they made a $250,000 paperweight.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    I have to agree about the GTs. I do not understand why Ford even came out with them . I thought for sure they would race them in ALMS against the Corvette , but not in anything. Seems they made a $250,000 paperweight.

try $350,000

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

They think those cars are so bad ass. I can't believe that they can actually add that kind of money to them. That should be against the law. I would never pay that kind of money for a car when they jack the prices up.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I was looking on autotrader.com seems there is alot more that didnt sell than was bought

Josh_101
    You know what would be real funny? Seing one of those new Z06's killing a Ford GT.

There is a video floating around of a Z06 racing allllll kinda of nasty million dollar eurotrash, and railing every one of them, and quite badly i might add

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

First off..
    GT>NSX

Second;
    Top Speed: 167mph

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I wonder what a Viper GTS would do to it??

Honda Hunter
    A guy here ordered one here in Bahrain from the states. I was at the pier when it came in and I must say it's a beauty. He let me sit in etc. You have to be in it to trully appreciate it.

Thread Information