In the chart of automotive performance, a thick horizontal line separates track-capable sports cars from genuine racecars. Nearly every major ...
  • Ad

• 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 [w/video]

In the chart of automotive performance, a thick horizontal line separates track-capable sports cars from genuine racecars. Nearly every major automaker offers a sports car talented enough to circle a racing circuit with some level of competence. These gussied-up machines with their oversized wheels and flashy spoilers blast down the straights, brake hard into the corners and hold lines with tenacity - at least for a time. In practice, nearly all of them are eventually sidelined for cooked brakes, overheated oil or tires chewed unevenly to their cords.

Racecars are a completely different breed. These specialized machines are engineered with robustness to defeat the demons of racing. They boast braking systems capable of tolerating intense heat, dry-sump oil systems to provide crucial lubrication during cornering, and suspension calibrations to improve grip while promoting even tire wear. They are tuned for the rigors of speed and endurance.

The list of showroom-stock racecars is small and exclusive, but the fraternity has just added another member. It's called the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28.Continue reading 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 [w/video]
    2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 24 Mar 2014 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 [w/video] started by Ed Blown Vert View original post
  • Recent Forum Posts

Naaman

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

I'm so thankful for my gauges: if I'd had the dummy gauges, I would never have known about the problem with my thermostat being stuck open (unless there

Naaman Yesterday, 11:58 PM Go to last post
    cowkllr

C6 corvette extension housing difference

No problem. Thanks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

cowkllr Yesterday, 06:24 PM Go to last post
    konigandy6

shit...

Sorry... Had a birthday weekend and my memory sorta got drowned out lol

I'll check it tomorrow morning.

konigandy6 Yesterday, 06:23 PM Go to last post
    cowkllr

Did you get a chance to look them up. All I can tell is they might be different lengths.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

cowkllr Yesterday, 06:19 PM Go to last post
    pajeff02

Noise when I step on the brakes making a humming sound.

Sounds like a plausible explanation. I had ours unbolted (but not removed) for some of our installs, not too difficult to do. Fun part is always bleeding

pajeff02 Yesterday, 01:46 PM Go to last post
  • Sponsors