General Motors has been noticeably tight-lipped about the specifications for its 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, leaving enthusiasts to salivate and ...
  • Ad

• 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 specs divulged

General Motors has been noticeably tight-lipped about the specifications for its 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, leaving enthusiasts to salivate and daydream over the sorts of possibilities that can arise from a supercharged, all-aluminum V8. Now we can wonder no more. According to a post in the Camaro5 forums, dealers already have the skinny on the meanest Camaro of them all. The model will reportedly arrive with a blistering 580 horsepower and 556 pound-feet of torque under its wide hood. Those figures are good enough to hustle the 4,120-pound muscle car around the fabled Nürburgring in a skinny seven minutes and 41 seconds, though something tells us that has as much to do with the car's 51/49 weight balance.

Two wheel options will be available, including a five-spoke and a 10-spoke design, and buyers can pick from a total of nine colors. A six-speed manual gearbox is standard equipment, though a six-speed automatic will also be available for those buyers who wish to leave the cog-swapping to the car. The Camaro ZL1 will also come with the same four-pack console gauges as the SS model, though a boost gauge is now part of the party. Head over to the Camaro5 for a full look at the vehicle's specifications.2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 specs divulged originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 specs divulged started by Ed Blown Vert View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      Whamhammer -
      4,100 pounds???? Yeeeeeesh!
  • Recent Forum Posts

SMWS6TA

"The Mongoose" puts down 447 rwhp and 431 rwtq

Paint it whatever way you like. I did.

Black for the intake and used Navy Blue/Red for the lettering

SMWS6TA Today, 10:49 AM Go to last post
    Chumbini

Gear vendors behind 4l60e

I. Going to do it. I already spoke with my local tranny shop and with Gear Vendors. You buy a crossmember mounted torque arm, which is an improvement

Chumbini Today, 04:36 AM Go to last post
    Coach2

Hydraulic slave cylinder

Does anyone know where I can obtain an adapter for the clutch actuator for a 2000 Camaro V8 to adapt an AN line to the stock GM fitting?

Coach2 Yesterday, 09:26 PM Go to last post
    Last of the Breed

I just purchased a used FAST 90mm intake today. I will port out the inlet to 92mm and then port the runners. I'm also going to paint it. Not sure if

Last of the Breed Yesterday, 10:44 AM Go to last post
    Naaman

Right on. I'm hoping to push somewhere around there when I'm "done" with mine. I'm also thinking about doing a FAST 92mm.

Naaman Yesterday, 02:32 AM Go to last post
  • Sponsors