• Ad

• 1,000-HP 2017 Trans Am 455 Super Duty Bows in New York

Although the 840-hp (on 100 octane race fuel) 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon has been blowing up the internet, another high-powered American muscle car was also introduced at the 2017 New York auto show. Florida-based Trans Am Worldwide revealed the 1,000-hp Trans Am 455 Super Duty this week. Just 50 examples of the 455 Super Duty will be built.
    Where previous Trans Am Worldwide cars were based on the fifth-generation Chevrolet Camaro, and GMís Zeta chassis, the new Trans Am 455 Super Duty is the first model built around the sixth-gen Camaro and the lighter Alpha chassis.
    Power for the Trans Am 455 Super Duty comes from a 455-cubic-inch (7.4-liter) version of GMís current Generation V LT1 V-8 engine topped off with a Magnuson TVS2300 supercharger that provides 14 psi of boost ó thatís 0.5 psi less than the new Challenger SRT Demon. A cold air intake and ceramic coated headers and 3.0-inch exhaust brings power to 1,000 hp and 1,046 lb-ft of torque, or 160 hp and 276 lb-ft more than the Demon on race gas and 192 hp and 329 lb-ft more than the Demon on 91 octane.
    Trans Am Worldwide says the engine is built in conjunction with an unnamed premier NASCAR engine builder from Martinsville, Va. A quick Google search suggests it could come from Arrington Performance owned by NASCAR racer and team owner Joey Arrington.

Source: Trans Am Worldwide
    The post 1,000-HP 2017 Trans Am 455 Super Duty Bows in New York appeared first on Motor Trend.

More...
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 1,000-HP 2017 Trans Am 455 Super Duty Bows in New York started by Ed Blown Vert View original post
  • Recent Forum Posts

pajeff02

wheels and tires

The metal tabs on the mounting pad extend past the bump stops. Easily removed with a die grinder.

pajeff02 Yesterday, 05:11 PM Go to last post
    Manxman

Anyone know if third_shift|studios still trading??

I wasn't to enthusiastic with there style, but I have been contacted by Third shift studios and funny enough a company on ebay within a few hours. I had

Manxman Yesterday, 03:35 AM Go to last post
    Ken59

wheels and tires

do you mean to grind the bump stops off or how much do i take off the bump stops? I put 315x17 tires on 11 inch wide wheels with 8inch backspace when

Ken59 11-21-2017, 01:02 PM Go to last post
    raynor139

Anyone know if third_shift|studios still trading??

Have you tried talking to emblempros? They have made a bunch of stuff for me and it looks good. I have several of their pieces on my car. They can take

raynor139 11-21-2017, 11:58 AM Go to last post
  • Sponsors