Congratulations to SSmokin99 on winning the 2012 COTY! First, I would like to thank everyone who voted for me. I'm ...
  • Ad

• *** 2012 COTY ... SSmokin99 ***

Congratulations to SSmokin99 on winning the 2012 COTY!

First, I would like to thank everyone who voted for me. I'm actually shocked that I won, but also excited at the same time. Anyway, I got this SS on June 17, 2003 as a graduation present from my parents. It had 17k miles and they bought it for $16,000. I originally wanted a black SS, but the one I checked out was a salvage title and it wasn't in the best condition. I kept looking around and found a black SS for $18,500, but it was out of the price range.

I didn't give up as this is a car I've wanted for a long time... So one day back when Yahoo still had a classifieds section I came across a 1999 Pewter SS. I hated Pewter at the time, but the mileage and price was pretty good. Me and my parents decided to check it out and when I saw it, it was love at first sight. I couldn't believe how good Pewter looked under fluorescent lights. We took it for a test drive and a few weeks after throwing a down payment my Dad picked it up and brought her home. It took a long, LONG time for me to believe I was actually driving a SS.

So far I only have bolt ons... I completely switched out my interior from my 2002 Z28 which is full leather. Over the summer in 2011 I decided to paint my SS since there was so many Pewter SS's & Z/28's around my area. I went with Sunset Orange Metallic and I don't regret it one bit. Here are some pics of my SS over time.

This article was originally published in forum thread: *** 2012 COTY ... SSmokin99 *** started by KahanaReef View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      SSmokin99 -
      Oh WOW! Thanks everyone. KahanaReef, I just checked my e-mail a few mins ago too.
      tatertot91 -
      Congrats, that car deserved to be on the cover.
      brettcollins -
      uuuuugh! I am so getting green with envy now. That is one totally awesome prize. Congratulations!!
  • Recent Forum Posts

werewolf

are 4.11s worth it verses 3.73s M6

ok the Moser 12 bolt arrived finally. I got the 35 spline with wavetrac and 4.11s with the aluminum cover. Figured if I was going to blow some cash to

werewolf Yesterday, 11:49 PM Go to last post
    jb3golf

P0342 code & Fuel gauge not working!

Am I missing something? The comp cams box stated the cam was for LS1/LS2/LS3/LS6..just as the website portrayed. . Does the Spinmonster cam possibly have

jb3golf Yesterday, 08:14 PM Go to last post
    jb3golf

P0342 code & Fuel gauge not working!

Hey guys here's my problems and background:

1. I have an LS1 forged block with afr heads and full bolt ons.
    2. About a week after

jb3golf Yesterday, 08:07 PM Go to last post
    dabest09

clutch adjustment

Oh ok got it. Is bleeding with the MV just as effective as traditional bleeding?
    Also is it possible to change the clutch fluid with the speed bleeder

dabest09 Yesterday, 07:45 PM Go to last post
    az gt eater

clutch adjustment

I think you need to re-read my long post, my friend..... No crawling required.

az gt eater Yesterday, 07:32 PM Go to last post
  • Sponsors