Congratulations to SSmokin99 on winning the 2012 COTY! First, I would like to thank everyone who voted for me. I'm ...
  • Ad

• *** 2012 COTY ... SSmokin99 ***

Congratulations to SSmokin99 on winning the 2012 COTY!

First, I would like to thank everyone who voted for me. I'm actually shocked that I won, but also excited at the same time. Anyway, I got this SS on June 17, 2003 as a graduation present from my parents. It had 17k miles and they bought it for $16,000. I originally wanted a black SS, but the one I checked out was a salvage title and it wasn't in the best condition. I kept looking around and found a black SS for $18,500, but it was out of the price range.

I didn't give up as this is a car I've wanted for a long time... So one day back when Yahoo still had a classifieds section I came across a 1999 Pewter SS. I hated Pewter at the time, but the mileage and price was pretty good. Me and my parents decided to check it out and when I saw it, it was love at first sight. I couldn't believe how good Pewter looked under fluorescent lights. We took it for a test drive and a few weeks after throwing a down payment my Dad picked it up and brought her home. It took a long, LONG time for me to believe I was actually driving a SS.

So far I only have bolt ons... I completely switched out my interior from my 2002 Z28 which is full leather. Over the summer in 2011 I decided to paint my SS since there was so many Pewter SS's & Z/28's around my area. I went with Sunset Orange Metallic and I don't regret it one bit. Here are some pics of my SS over time.

This article was originally published in forum thread: *** 2012 COTY ... SSmokin99 *** started by KahanaReef View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      SSmokin99 -
      Oh WOW! Thanks everyone. KahanaReef, I just checked my e-mail a few mins ago too.
      tatertot91 -
      Congrats, that car deserved to be on the cover.
      brettcollins -
      uuuuugh! I am so getting green with envy now. That is one totally awesome prize. Congratulations!!
  • Recent Forum Posts

0rion

Crankshaft pulley wobble. What to do?

don't drive it......those pulleys can do some serious damage if/when they come off at speed. You'll need to pull that one off and see if there's been

0rion Yesterday, 08:41 PM Go to last post
    scott5

How to decide what kind of Heads to buy?

This. My car with his cam and these heads and fast 102 made 486rwhp and about same tq maybe 10 or so off through a 3600 stall and 3.73 geared 10bolt.

scott5 Yesterday, 08:19 PM Go to last post
    tatertot91

The fact that it's wobbling could mean it's coming out or damaged. I'd be getting a better look at it myself or having it looked at asap.

tatertot91 Yesterday, 07:29 PM Go to last post
    SiskMan

Just noticed my belt was squeaking and looks to be the crank pulley wobbling. How serious is this? Can I drive the car without fear of destroying my crank

SiskMan Yesterday, 06:29 PM Go to last post
    14camarolover

01 Z28 T56 possible bad master cylinder ?

Hello fellow ls owners.thanks for taking your time to read this.

About 2 months ago i got a 01 z28 lq4 6speed.besides a few flaws car runs

14camarolover Yesterday, 06:26 PM Go to last post
  • Sponsors