• Ad

• *** October COTM Winner... ls1camino ***

October COTM Winner... ls1camino

2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6
    Born February 11, 2000

I bought my Trans Am on November 1st 2007 in Detroit, Michigan. I had been searching for a black, 6-speed, t-top Trans Am for a few months, and this one I found in the For Sale Section here. I started talking to the seller and a few days later, I bought a plane ticket and flew up there. The seller picked me up at the airport and let me drive the car around. We then parked it and I checked it out for cosmetic and mechanical problems. I found nothing major. I bought the car, and started the drive home. In Somerset, PA, about 3 hours from home, the stock rear end blew and completely stranded me. After renting a trailer, and towing it back home, two friends of mine and I replaced the rear end...what a day.

Since then, I have slowly upgraded every piece of the car, starting with the suspension and the drivetrain before doing any major performance upgrades. Performance wise, I started with a Lid, Headers, and Exhaust. After awhile that wasn't enough, so I started piecing together parts for a Heads, Cam, Intake swap. I used PRC Stage 2.5 5.3L Heads, a TSP Torquer V.2 Camshaft, and a FAST90/90 Intake/TB setup. I dyno'd 445rwhp and 395rwtq. I had this setup for about a year before I threw the #7 connecting rod through the block and into the starter. This was in February 2011. In March, I placed an order with Texas-Speed and Performance for a 427ci LS3 long block. It arrived in August and I started the install that week. With the new motor, I also installed a Stage 4 clutch and a built transmission, among other things. At this moment, I have just over 700 miles on the new motor and clutch. I probably will not be racing it this year, but come Spring time, I am hoping for a solid 10-second pass. With some more seat time, I hope to be in the high 9's naturally aspirated.

It's funny to think back to that fateful day almost four years ago...if I had known then how much I would be working on this car or how much money I would be spending on her, I'm not entirely sure I would have bought her in the first place. Everything happens for a reason, and in the end, I am happy I have a fun car I can drive on nice days to work, to the local show, or just cruise around town listening to the radio and the sound of the exhaust.

Performance:
    - 7.0L/427ci LS3
    - LS3 Block Bored bored to 4.070, Callies Compstar 4.100 Stroke Crankshaft, Callies Compstar 6.125' H-beam Connecting Rods, Wiseco -6cc Valve Relief Pistons (11.8 Compression Ratio)
    - PRC 237cc Cast Heads w/ some CNC port work and 68cc Chambers
    - Custom Grind Camshaft
    - LS7 Hydraulic Lifters
    - 7.400" Hardened Pushrods
    - Stock Rockers w/ Trunion Upgrade
    - PRC .675 Lift Dual Valve Springs
    - NGK TR6 Plugs Gapped to .045"
    - Ported FAST 102mm Intake
    - PPS 102mm Throttle Body
    - 4" Intake Tubing with MAF Delete
    - 104mm Air Lid
    - 42# Injectors
    - PPS Fuel Rail Kit
    - Racetronix 255lph Fuel Pump w/ Hotwire Kit
    - Kooks Stainless 1 7/8" Headers
    - 3" Off-Road Y-Pipe
    - Flowmaster Merge
    - 4" I-Pipe
    - Spintech Muffler (4" Input, Dual 3" Output)
    - Meziere Electric Water Pump
    - Be Cool 3 Radiator w/ Stock Fans
    - Thunder Racing Oil Catch Can
    - A/C Delete
    - EGR Delete
    - AIR Delete
    - EVAP Delete
    - TCS Relocation
    - eBay Valve Covers
    - Thunder Racing Coil Relocation Kit

Drivetrain:
    - Tick Performance T-56 6-Speed
    - Monster Stage 4 Clutch
    - Billet Flywheel
    - QTP Scattershield/Bellhousing
    - Pro 5.0 Short Shifter w/ Lou's Short Stick
    - ACPT Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
    - Moser 9" Rear w/ 35-Spline Detroit Locker, 4.11 Gears, and ARP Wheel Studs

Suspension:
    - AFCO Double Adjustable Front Coilovers w/ 300lb Springs (3 drop)
    - KYB Single Adjustable Shocks w/ Stock Rear Springs
    - BMR Front Shock Tower Brace
    - Spohn Tubular K-Member
    - Spohn Solid Motor Mounts
    - UMI Adjustable Tubular Upper & Lower Front Control Arms
    - UMI 1.25 (32mm) Front Sway Bar
    - Spohn Tunnel Mounted Adjustable Torque Arm w/ Driveshaft Loop
    - UMI Adjustable Tubular Rear Lower Control Arms w/ Weld-in Relocation Brackets
    - BMR 1.25 (32mm) Rear Drag Sway Bar
    - UMI Adjustable Tubular Panhard Bar
    - UMI Tubular Panhard Reloaction Bar
    - UMI 3-Point Subframe Connectors
    - Flaming River Manual Steering Rack

Braking:
    - C5 Corvette 12 Front Brake Upgrade
    - Stock F-body Rear Brakes
    - Stainless Steel Line Upgrade
    - SMJ Line Lock Kit

Traction (Street):
    - 17"x9.5" Black ZR1 Wheels w/ 275/45/17 Kumho Ecsta Tires
    - 17"x13" Black ZR1 Wheels w/ 335/35/17 Michelin Polit Sports

Traction (Track):
    - 15"x3.5" Chrome Weld Prostars w/ 26/4.5/15 Mickey Thompson ET Fronts
    - 15"x10" Chrome Weld Prostars w/ 28/10.5/15 Mickey Thompson ET Drags
    This article was originally published in forum thread: *** October COTM Winner... ls1camino *** started by KahanaReef View original post
  • Recent Forum Posts

konigandy6

06 gto

That Mustang gives 0 fucks about his air dam... lmao

Welcome to the site! Beautiful car

konigandy6 Today, 01:56 PM Go to last post
    35th-ANV-SS

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

My car hasn't been started since June. Maybe I should just sell it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

35th-ANV-SS Today, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    kingls1

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

Thanks for reminding me mine has been to bed for several weeks and I forgot the battery tender pretty sure my battery is on its way out anyway. My Dad

kingls1 Today, 08:34 AM Go to last post
    pajeff02

5.3 LS Swap Problem

Update: Just saw that you are from Saginaw -- my parents are both from Bay City. Spent lots of time as a kid up in that area.

pajeff02 Today, 03:42 AM Go to last post
    pajeff02

5.3 LS Swap Problem

Upon entering open loop the engine is looking to the sensors for feedback to control fueling. Most likely culprit is a vacuum leak, but here are two

pajeff02 Today, 03:41 AM Go to last post
  • Sponsors