Congrats to jiveass on his May COTM win Woohoo! This car was a surprise for my wife and I back ...
  • Ad

• *** May 2014 COTM winner ... jiveass ***

Congrats to jiveass on his May COTM win

Woohoo! This car was a surprise for my wife and I back in December 2010. Actually, she surprised me with it when she traded her 2001 eclipse and $2000 for this 1999 trans am. I immediately installed long tubes, poly mounts, and new wheels. 3 months later it spun a rod bearing while doing a nasty donut. It then sat for almost a year in the garage until I was ready to replace the engine. We had just bought a house, so saving money any way possible was a must. So instead of going back with the ls1, I opted for a low miles 5.3 from a 2004 Silverado. Since then, she has been running great and is currently my daily driver. Special thanks goes out to my wife Courtney, who made it all possible!

what she looked like when we first got it.

crank damaged

engine removal

new motor

back together

trans am burnout - YouTube
    trans am - YouTube
    trans am exhaust clip - YouTube

Mike Watkins
    "jiveass"
    1999 Trans Am
    This article was originally published in forum thread: *** May 2014 COTM winner ... jiveass *** started by KahanaReef View original post
  • Recent Forum Posts

skyraider

2 cycle oil, synthetic

Wow, been awhile since anyone posted in here, including me....yes I still use the stuff from time to time, and yes I have use in my lawnmowers, motorcycles...Remember

skyraider Today, 05:47 AM Go to last post
    Mihajlo

Been testing Oil

would this be something one would want to do on all gasoline motors....eg. tractors, lawn mowers, etc

Mihajlo Today, 05:35 AM Go to last post
    Mihajlo

Official Show your Birds thread!

They've never done me wrong.

The $89 only is charged to you if you qualify and its a one time fee. Last year I wanted to be sponsored so

Mihajlo Today, 05:33 AM Go to last post
    SMWS6TA

Bird has a new rug...

oh I remove the mat when driving or at the track. Damn thing almost caused me to get into an accident.

SMWS6TA Yesterday, 08:10 PM Go to last post
    pajeff02

Bird has a new rug...

^^ That drives me nuts in our older cars. I am constantly tugging the driver side mat back.

We were running the Monte SS at the track

pajeff02 Yesterday, 04:00 PM Go to last post
  • Sponsors