Congrats to jiveass on his May COTM win Woohoo! This car was a surprise for my wife and I back ...
  • Ad

• *** May 2014 COTM winner ... jiveass ***

Congrats to jiveass on his May COTM win

Woohoo! This car was a surprise for my wife and I back in December 2010. Actually, she surprised me with it when she traded her 2001 eclipse and $2000 for this 1999 trans am. I immediately installed long tubes, poly mounts, and new wheels. 3 months later it spun a rod bearing while doing a nasty donut. It then sat for almost a year in the garage until I was ready to replace the engine. We had just bought a house, so saving money any way possible was a must. So instead of going back with the ls1, I opted for a low miles 5.3 from a 2004 Silverado. Since then, she has been running great and is currently my daily driver. Special thanks goes out to my wife Courtney, who made it all possible!

what she looked like when we first got it.

crank damaged

engine removal

new motor

back together

trans am burnout - YouTube
    trans am - YouTube
    trans am exhaust clip - YouTube

Mike Watkins
    "jiveass"
    1999 Trans Am
    This article was originally published in forum thread: *** May 2014 COTM winner ... jiveass *** started by KahanaReef View original post
  • Recent Forum Posts

Last Ranger

What are the swap alternatives to the LS1 for 02 SS

Those were my thoughts; I have a Powerdyne with an inline booster pump that kicks in above 4#.

Last Ranger Today, 06:31 AM Go to last post
    Danny Griffin

06 gto

Danny Griffin Yesterday, 11:50 PM Go to last post
    KahanaReef

06 gto

Hey, Danny, Welcome to the site. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

KahanaReef Yesterday, 11:14 PM Go to last post
    Naaman

What mod next.

Wait, do you mean LS6 clutch? Or, what are you referring to being an 01?

Naaman Yesterday, 08:44 PM Go to last post
    Naaman

Build me a 3000 dollar mod list

After spending a bunch of money on my Camaro, I've come to realize that the most worthwhile mods to me tend to be the ones that affect the "felt"

Naaman Yesterday, 08:25 PM Go to last post
  • Sponsors